Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Stromgarde Keep Scenario Preview and 5.5 Speculation

Hello,

I did the video of sneak peak preview Stromgarde Keep Scenario, that from my point of view don't have anything interesting.

The one thing that I have notice in the WorldSafeLoc.dbc file is that this scenario have it Location called: 5.5 Defense Scenario Start
    That just brings me to think that this scenario is planned for Patch 5.5 content.
    I know that GC told us that this is just a dev scenario, but something is telling me that this is not true

For example the other scenarios or world safe location have those tags:

• Kun-Lai Summit 5.1 - Emperor's Reach - GY
    • 5.2 Shipyard Scenario - GY 1
    • 5.2 Legendary Scenario - Initial Graveyard
    • 5.2 Scenario - Final Gate Progression - Alliance
    • Scenario 5.2 - To the Skies! - Alliance Hub GY
    • 5.2 Scenario - Shipyard Progression
    • 5.4 - Cooking - Noodle Cart - Noodle Time - Start

Last edited by Stiven; 2013-07-31 at 02:43 AM. Reason: topic misstypo, tired :(

Looks exactly like Stromgarde on live. As GC said, this is just a developer's playground they use to test shit.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    Looks exactly like Stromgarde on live. As GC said, this is just a developer's playground they use to test shit.
    Maybe, but as I recall, we were told Mists of Pandaria would not be the next xpac on twitter when the trademark was deposed. So we may yet see something out of this. I can't see why they would label it 5.5 if it was only a test. Nevertheless, this is very interesting.

Yeah except Stromgarde has exactly zero interesting lore implications for even a patch, much less an entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Yeah except Stromgarde has exactly zero interesting lore implications for even a patch, much less an entire expansion.
    Don't be so hasty good sir, before you know it. Burning legion will crash down there.

Anything is possible, as we learned with MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Don't be so hasty good sir, before you know it. Burning legion will crash down there.

Anything is possible, as we learned with MoP.
    Don't powerful warlocks live there now?

10+ Year Old Account
    All things being equal, MoP's storyline is more or less tied up with Garrosh's reign ending in a bloody revolution backed by the Alliance. 5.5 could be used to set up the next expansion's story arc by introducing the next Warchief and giving quests/scenarios for both factions related to what they're up to in the interim between backing down from global war and whatever happens next expac--freeing the cinematic team up to get down to the nitty-gritty with the next expansion announcement trailer and cinematic trailer, rather than have to catch us up like Cata and MoP's trailers.

Imagine if, say, the Stormgarde scenario ended up an Alliance scenario wherein Danath, Alleria, and Turalyon return and reclaim it, setting it up as their base of operations to reclaim other former Alliance territories that are currently in Horde hands, and just as they're finishing getting set up, the sky turns green, and infernals start to crash into Azeroth (recycle Shadowmoon Valley's skybox for convenience, perhaps).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Disagree.Restoration of Stromgarde could very well indicate that the Horde gives up claims in the Arathi Highlands as part of a post-SoO peace deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thneed View Post
    Disagree.Restoration of Stromgarde could very well indicate that the Horde gives up claims in the Arathi Highlands as part of a post-SoO peace deal.
    Yeah would could also be the fist pump moment alliance needs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranker View Post
    Except that won't happen.

Everyone is asking for a Stromguarde scenario, we take it back and make it a worgen and dwarf out post, with Gen Greymane holding over it. Make it phased for those who complete the scenario like Theramore. Alliance needs some big win, this would be awesome for us. Meanwhile give horde a scenario where they help find Rexxar with Chen and save the Thunderlord village from demons plus giving them a warchief and a warning... "We are coming... To Azeroth!!!"
    Last edited by Sageofthe10paths; 2013-07-31 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Grammar

Originally Posted by Lore (Blue Tracker)

Just to avoid any further confusion, there is no Stromgarde scenario in patch 5.4, and what you’ve seen datamined is little more than a developer experiment with a stand-in name.

This happens quite often; developers will put something quick together to test out some new tech or functionality, and the remnants occasionally slip through to the PTR files where dataminers can get ahold of them.

So, just to be clear, there is currently nothing related to Stromgarde in production. That’s not to say it’s a location we’ll never revisit, but should that happen, it will not be in 5.4, and the recently datamined files will not be part of it.

Now, granted, this doesn't say anything about 5.5, but "there is nothing related to Stromgarde in production," "should that happen... the recently datamined files will not be part of it," and "what you've seen... is little more than a developer experiment," all seem to indicate that, whatever we're getting in 5.5, even if it IS something to do with Stromgarde (unlikely), has nothing to do with or is not in any way represented by this datamined "scenario."
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-07-31 at 04:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Everyone is asking for a Stromguarde scenario, we take it back and make it a worgen and dwarf out post, with Gen Greymane holding over it. Make it phased for those who complete the scenario like Theramore. Alliance needs some big win, this would be awesome for us. Meanwhile give horde a scenario where they help find Rexxar with Chen and save the Thunderlord village from demons plus giving them a warchief and a warning... "We are coming... To Azeroth!!!"
    To hell with that. Genn Greymane and the Alliance should just straight-up retake Gilneas.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranker View Post
    The Horde giving up a claim to something they haven't got?

But yes...it may very well be the token gesture that Blizzard tosses the Alliance to try and shut them up. However, it strikes me as more likely to be a scenario for 6.0 and a potential move against the Forsaken. Possibly part of the more pro-active Alliance we've been promised.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-07-31 at 05:39 AM.

looks interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Well, that video was a waste of time for me, and effort for the creator.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    To hell with that. Genn Greymane and the Alliance should just straight-up retake Gilneas.
    Small steps grass hopper, maybe we use that as a foot hold to retake Gilneas. It's all heavy surrounded my the forsaken. Stromguarde is a nice start.

Inb4 Jaina proudmoore as new warchief for horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    But then no more BG. Not exactly a bad thing. Older BGs should be retired with decisive victors in their outcomes written as canon lore. Gilneas should be of primary interest; no one has given a damn about Stromgarde for 20+ years.
    That Battleground is happening on the outskirts of Gilneas. I'd be happy with the forsaken supposedly "raiding" some boonies stretch of Gilnean countryside for the foreseeable future if it means the Worgen retake Gilneas city.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Small steps grass hopper, maybe we use that as a foot hold to retake Gilneas. It's all heavy surrounded my the forsaken. Stromguarde is a nice start.
    Sadly, Blizzard's "small steps" take a few years to get through. And they tend to not-disfavor the Forsaken...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

"So, just to be clear, there is currently nothing related to Stromgarde in production."

Pretty much wraps it up.

/thread.