Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    who cares if it's not allowed, is this the moral sheep police or what?
    This is us enforcing rules made to ensure people don't get duped by others through things posted on our website. What we also don't allow is talking about moderation, so let's not continue this discussion.

If you have a problem with moderation you take it up with Sunshine: http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/557962-Sunshine

You can also use the "Contact Us" button on the top right of this page to get in touch with her or other admins.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    I'm fairly sure you don't but you've got me questioning myself now

I'm fairly sure it's a dmg increase and a passive health regen (maybe 2% every 4 seconds?)
    Correct. I took SL for the HP boost because using the gateway on cooldown meant I didn't even have a single chaos bolt fired at me.

anyone see the new model for the emta form wings and dreadstead? I think they are remodeling the whole meta form ;D

Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    anyone see the new model for the emta form wings and dreadstead? I think they are remodeling the whole meta form ;D
    They're not the meta wings. They are the DA wings. They simply added green fire effect to them as well.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Is this topic still a place for rages of pleasure and happiness after the success?
    If yes just killed it 5 minutes ago (yeah im so lucky on drops) too much epicness in one encounter, I almost cried on some <10% wipes! <3

I finally kicked his teeth in! Was trying to do it as Demonology for a while and got him to like 3-4% twice but something would always go wrong in the end as soon as I got him below 10%. I was totally hellbent on NOT using Destruction for this fight just because damn near everyone I talked to said it was all but mandatory (I'm stubborn I know lol). I said screw it and went back to Affliction again to give it a try (my main spec actually), which is what I started out with when I first began my attempts a few weeks ago, and wiped him out on the first try with hardly any effort.

Honestly the thing that helped me was using the Pit Lord's charge/FelFlame Breath everytime right as Kan would finish summoning the demons. Charge/fire imps = gg. Charge/fire felhunters (naturally after you face them away first) then pop cds on them = gg. Charge Kan after you reenslave pit during doomlord summons = extra damage.

I know it's green "fire" and all, but I seriously wish all the warlock spells were affected by the fel infusion you siphon from Kan. I can't even show off in the spec I whooped his ass in! lol

I've been at this the past few days. Recently picked up my warlock again and got the quest. Only 482 iLv but damn is this hard. After all the bugs with my encounter attempts, I've lost count of the deaths, I finally got him to 20%... and the Pit Lord died so I ended up dead. Don't know what it is. If I just can't pump out the damage or what... but I've all but given up. I don't raid either other then the occasional LFR atm. Raid team broke up last tier. So guess I'm gonna be stuck with red fire. ~sigh~

It's totally a mechanics thing. Between LFR and Heroic Scenarios, you can get upgrades w/o normal raiding. I'm saying this as a 492 lock who's spent 2k? in gold for repairs and hasn't beaten it yet. But each day I give it a few tries and notice that I am improving my mechanics. I still have stupid mistake deaths or deaths from my gateway not porting me when I click it, but I know it will come since I'm getting better and so is my gear. I'd also suggest, if you have FRAPS, using it and reviewing your attempts to see your mistakes. Doing that has caused the most improvement in my attempts. I also switch it up between destro and demo for a change of pace. Both seem viable for attempts in my experience. And I'm not even that great of a warlock.

I've mastered the imp phase, but felhounds just ruin everything. If I LoS the pit lord behind a wall so they can't devour it, then I can't health siphon when I've got three felhounds on me. If I don't, they just eat him. Meanwhile Kanrethad just keeps launching soul fires at me and I can't handle that much damage. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbtacks View Post
    I've mastered the imp phase, but felhounds just ruin everything. If I LoS the pit lord behind a wall so they can't devour it, then I can't health siphon when I've got three felhounds on me. If I don't, they just eat him. Meanwhile Kanrethad just keeps launching soul fires at me and I can't handle that much damage. What do I do?
    I;ve had the same trouble with the first pack of felhunters, then i changed the way I los pit lord. I stayed in the left side of the portal(the portal kan comes from), sent pit to the right side of portal, RoFd puppies when they were summoning and when all 3 came to me charged pit lord on them + breath, it pretty much kills 2 of them if you use 1 conflag on each and RoF + dark soul and the third one is easy kill considering its stunned, you have 6 backdraft and chaos bolt will hit like a truck. The moment I started to use this i passed not just the first wave of felhunters but the second one. And went all the way throw sub 20% era. which is where the fight gets a little fuzzy but epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbtacks View Post
    I did it as Destro, and so it went something like this: Right when Kanrethad moves to summon the Felhounds I move the Pitlord out of LoS, then I immediately Soulshatter (which will keep Kanrethad on the Pitlord), I then drop a RoF on the portal, (I am a Tailor so I net the first Felhound, but it's not necessary by any means, and you should Conflag the first two Felhounds BEFORE you Havoc), Conflag & Havoc the second Felhound, Chaos Bolt (which should bring them into Shadowburn range), SB the first, SB the second, and then Chaos Bolt + Shadowburn the third.

Doing it this way keeps Kanrethad on the Pitlord, and burns down the 3 Felhounds before you really take any damage. Once you get used to it, it will make this phase fairly trivial, IMO.

I will burn your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    I did it as Destro, and so it went something like this: Right when Kanrethad moves to summon the Felhounds I move the Pitlord out of LoS, then I immediately Soulshatter (which will keep Kanrethad on the Pitlord), I then drop a RoF on the portal, (I am a Tailor so I net the first Felhound, but it's not necessary by any means, and you should Conflag the first two Felhounds BEFORE you Havoc), Conflag & Havoc the second Felhound, Chaos Bolt (which should bring them into Shadowburn range), SB the first, SB the second, and then Chaos Bolt + Shadowburn the third.

Doing it this way keeps Kanrethad on the Pitlord, and burns down the 3 Felhounds before you really take any damage. Once you get used to it, it will make this phase fairly trivial, IMO.
    As long as the pitlord is behind the fel hounds you're generally ok imo. The fel hounds for me dropped in 7 seconds. Chaos bolt the first, havoc 2nd, Chaos bolt the 3rd. Charge with Pit lord, breathe with put lord. Done
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Not even sure if I should post this but here we go. When this thread started I looked forward to do the green fire questline, too bad I stopped playing and ilvl was bad 476 but it seemed to be more than enough. Killed him with 2-3? minutes left on doom debuff.

-Macro the pitlord breath to all my spells. Stood in front of Karenthed (Pitlord behind him) and got cleansed instantly from the debuffs;
    -Macro the healing spell to all my spells. The pitlord isn't going to die even if you spam this;
    -Move away from rain of fire. Stay in 15yd away from boss then run into melee and swap between those 2 position;
    -Used the charge twice per cataclysm, one at 40-50% energy just for the DPS increase and the other for the interrupt;
    -Used personal portal (not gateway) to avoid chaos bolt using LoS;
    -Save big CDs for felhunter phase (got it only once as far I remember?) - Demon Soul, Abyssal, etc.
    -Ignored the doomguard, let it attacked anything. Usually the pitlord with aggro it with its breath/healing aggro.

And, sadly enough, it worked well. For me the best way to kill Karenthed was simply macro all the available abilities to all my spells and ignore the timing. Just stay in front of him and there you go.

Seemed pretty simple fight, didn't want to post it because it looked like it'd ruin other people fun while doing him but there is the [spoiler] tag for a reason.
    Last edited by HhitSappens; 2013-07-31 at 08:47 PM.

I got the book in the first day or two it was available, spent an hour or two trying it until it was clear that Affliction sucked for beating Kanrethad, and decided not to bother with it since I'm always Aff and it barely affected me anyway.

Now that they're making it change our class mounts, I figured I'd like to have the option, so I went back in today, about 30 ilvls higher than before. I barely needed to mind the mechanics, I was sloppy as hell, and I one-shot it as Affliction. He was dead shortly after the first Felhunter stage began, I didn't even bother attacking the Felhunters or trying to maintain control of the Pit Lord (once the Felhunters cleansed my enslave). I just popped defensive CDs and burned down Kanrethad.

So if you're having trouble or have had trouble with this, it should be pretty easy for you with some 5.4 gear in the near future.
    Last edited by JJShadoe; 2013-07-31 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HhitSappens View Post
    Not even sure if I should post this but here we go. When this thread started I looked forward to do the green fire questline, too bad I stopped playing and ilvl was bad 476 but it seemed to be more than enough. Killed him with 2-3? minutes left on doom debuff.

-Macro the pitlord breath to all my spells. Stood in front of Karenthed (Pitlord behind him) and got cleansed instantly from the debuffs;
    -Macro the healing spell to all my spells. The pitlord isn't going to die even if you spam this;
    -Move away from rain of fire. Stay in 15yd away from boss then run into melee and swap between those 2 position;
    -Used the charge twice per cataclysm, one at 40-50% energy just for the DPS increase and the other for the interrupt;
    -Used personal portal (not gateway) to avoid chaos bolt using LoS;
    -Save big CDs for felhunter phase (got it only once as far I remember?) - Demon Soul, Abyssal, etc.
    -Ignored the doomguard, let it attacked anything. Usually the pitlord with aggro it with its breath/healing aggro.

And, sadly enough, it worked well. For me the best way to kill Karenthed was simply macro all the available abilities to all my spells and ignore the timing. Just stay in front of him and there you go.

Seemed pretty simple fight, didn't want to post it because it looked like it'd ruin other people fun while doing him but there is the [spoiler] tag for a reason.
    I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to call bullshit on this.

- ilvl 476 and 2-3 mins left on doom?
    - only one felhunter phase (needs at least 520 and full out nukage, abusing the imps for embers)

Either you misspelled ur ilvl or ur playing a different game then the rest of us...
    Read the signature rules

Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post

- only one felhunter phase (needs at least 520 and full out nukage, abusing the imps for embers)

Either you misspelled ur ilvl or ur playing a different game then the rest of us...
    Yeah I'm going to have to agree with that.

Or just post your armory so we can see for ourselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post

+1 I want to see that ALMIGHTY UBER 476 MEGA DPS that is going to kill with 2-3 minutes left.
    I did macro everything with 520 + ilvl and i was doing 120k dps the entire fight and there were like 2 minutes and a half maybe left till he was dead.
    The tactics are correct but stop trolling
    Last edited by mmoca42cc6afe1; 2013-07-31 at 11:58 PM.

Fuck this quest. Seriously. I cannot get them to get off my Pit Lord's dick. I put him in a corner, they go and get him. I leave him attacking Kanrethad, they get him. I los him from the portal, they somehow fucking break enslave before they're even out of the portal. Maybe if I bring a mage with me he can make me a portal to Shattrath and maybe my goddamn pit lord will be safe there. Otherwise, I quit.

It's not about LoS, it's about having aggro on them so they're facing you and not it
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

For those who quote'd me,

I was 476 at the time, not anymore.
    Also, as I said in the very same post, I might have been through 2 felhunter phases, I just can't remember exactly because it was 5months+ ago (whenever the patch landed);
    Yes, I did have 2-3 minutes left on the doom. the very first time I didn't kill him because of this enrage timer but then I manned up and did more DPS and less "paying attention to stay alive" after I macro'ed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuni View Post
    +1 I want to see that ALMIGHTY UBER 476 MEGA DPS that is going to kill with 2-3 minutes left.
    I did macro everything with 520 + ilvl and i was doing 120k dps the entire fight and there were like 2 minutes and a half maybe left till he was dead.
    The tactics are correct but stop trolling
    This number is easily achievable, even more considering the pitlord deals a lot of damage. Ilvl 520 dealing only 120k DPS is kinda low.
    Did you charge twice per cataclysm? the stun increases his dmg taken.
    Did you apply CoE instead of Tongues? that helps.
    Did you flask/food? I did.
    Did you combo your CDs with the cataclysm stun? I remember I used to cast Chaos Bolt and when it was about to hit I'd charge him up, leaving me full 5-6s of stun to cast something else, basically a free 100% buffed CB.
    Last edited by HhitSappens; 2013-08-01 at 02:42 AM.