Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Horde - Garrosh complications. Alliance - ???

Hello everyone, this is a thread where I simply ask, what do we get as alliance players lore-wise?

The whole Garrosh scene has been really big for the horde, and it's a huge part of the horde's lore.

I feel that as an alliance player, we don't get enough lore to think about & lore that really affects us. The Ironforge leadership thing wasn't really that big, and didn't get as much attention as it deserved.

Horde - Garrosh complications. Alliance - playing second fiddle to Horde

I kid, I kid. But yeah, Alliance storylines have been feeling pretty half-baked lately. I guess it's hard to write good stories about conflict between reasonable people who are occasionally willing to stop hitting you so you can explain yourself.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Hopefully they will give a Garrosh like character to the Alliance, just to read those "That's not what i meant with More Alliance Development"-threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if the alliance asked to have one of its characters become the bad guy and add some contrast to your faction, you might get some depth to it.

This is why the horde has more interesting story, because it has its share of good guys and bad guys in it, well the alliance keeps perpetuating itself as holy-good-boys, and thats.. really boring.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You are given a chance to prove yourself in eyes of holy Go'el and his minion vol'jin. That, by itself, should be your reward.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance gets nothing, OP. One of the many reasons I just cancelled my sub.

I'm tired of being punished with shit writing, shit lore and an overall shit story just for picking the wrong faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Horde - Garrosh complications. Alliance - playing second fiddle to Horde

I kid, I kid. But yeah, Alliance storylines have been feeling pretty half-baked lately. I guess it's hard to write good stories about conflict between reasonable people who are occasionally willing to stop hitting you so you can explain yourself.
    This. The most interesting Alliance plot-lines recently have involved Jaina, because she's gone off the deep end. Hopefully, with the Horde picking itself up off the ground during a Legion or Emerald Dream Expansion, the Alliance will get a decent chance to be the Heroic Good Guy team, again, like they were in Vanilla and to a lesser extent BC. As long as the long term arc has involved Horde unrest, the Alliance has had nothing to do but react to the Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    Hello everyone, this is a thread where I simply ask, what do we get as alliance players lore-wise?

The whole Garrosh scene has been really big for the horde, and it's a huge part of the horde's lore.

I feel that as an alliance player, we don't get enough lore to think about & lore that really affects us. The Ironforge leadership thing wasn't really that big, and didn't get as much attention as it deserved.
    Ehm, Garrosh is as much a part of Alliance lore as it is Horde. As the Alliance you get to siege your enemy's capital city and beat their leader, it's the closest the Alliance will ever get to total victory and glory.

Do you honestly think Horde players like sieging their own city? I know I don't. I'd rather stand with Garrosh honestly, but Blizzard was forced to make him our enemy so the Horde and Alliance would both have a reason to siege the city. Yeah, it depends on your perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Ehm, Garrosh is as much a part of Alliance lore as it is Horde. As the Alliance you get to siege your enemy's capital city and beat their leader, it's the closest the Alliance will ever get to total victory and glory.

Do you honestly think Horde players like sieging their own city? I know I don't. I'd rather stand with Garrosh honestly, but Blizzard was forced to make him our enemy so the Horde and Alliance would both have a reason to siege the city. Yeah, it depends on your perspective.
    That is 5.4 material you're speaking of. My thread is about the betrayal itself, how it all came down over time. Then again, you can't do the exact same thing next patch for alliance or whatever, because Blizzard already did it for horde. We alliance players need something new, fresh, cool.

We are getting bad lore, so Alliance is winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Do you honestly think Horde players like sieging their own city? I know I don't.
    I do, it needed to be done. This storm has been brewing for a while. The thing i dislike is that we have to rely on alliance help to do so. What i don't understand is why the alliance don't crush the horde once they take org?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Metzen is a Thrall fanboy.

That's just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    We are getting bad lore, so Alliance is winning.
    Conflict within the horde =/= bad lore. Just because you don't like what is happening doesn't mean the horde story is bad.

The alliance on the other hand has only followed the stories of humans so far. meanwhile other races who get their stories brought up get shafted with an incompetent tyrande or a rather confusing 180 for moira and the council of three hammers storyline. The sad thing about that is that the Night Elves and the Dwarves are the lucky ones out of the other alliance races, their stories might have been crap but at least they got something. Not to mention that he horde gets stronger by dethroning Garrosh while the alliance gets... what exactly?
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I do, it needed to be done. This storm has been brewing for a while. The thing i dislike is that we have to rely on alliance help to do so. What i don't understand is why the alliance don't crush the horde once they take org?
    I don't. my main was an Orc Dk (someone who character wise would be with Garrosh in a heartbeat) and playing through the whole 5.3 storyline slaying tons of orcs while former Warchief Thrall happily blasts them into pieces without hesitation or attempt at avoiding bloodshed just felt wrong.

As I have always said, the outcome of the siege directly puts the factions into an outcome they do NOT WANT.

The Alliance do NOT want to march out of Org all powerful granting mercy as if nothing happened at Theramore.

The Horde also do NOT want their faction to only exist because the Alliance felt generous enough not to crush them when they had the chance.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-07-31 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Metzen is a Thrall fanboy.

That's just how it is.
    Metzen is a Malfurion fanboy.
    Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    What can you tell us about the upcoming Worlf of Warcraft: Stormrage by Richard A. Knaak?
    I would just say too, I mean Malfurion’s always been, personally, my favorite Warcraft hero. He’s my favorite to write, so I’ve waited a long time to get this guy back into the mix, and have him play a significant role in the shaping of Azeroth. He’s a mega player, and he’s been off the scene.

I’m really stoked on this book. We really designed the essential backbone of the book to be just hyper Druid overload. If you’re a WoW Druid, this book’s for you. It features all the major druid characters, and players. I love it. Love it, love it. (Source)

Deleted
    You got Wrath of the Lich King.

Alliance is boring, that's why Blizz gives the overwhelming amount of focus to the Horde. You'd think after all these years, Alliance players would have figured that out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Metzen is a Malfurion fanboy.
    Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    What can you tell us about the upcoming Worlf of Warcraft: Stormrage by Richard A. Knaak?
    I would just say too, I mean Malfurion’s always been, personally, my favorite Warcraft hero. He’s my favorite to write, so I’ve waited a long time to get this guy back into the mix, and have him play a significant role in the shaping of Azeroth. He’s a mega player, and he’s been off the scene.

I’m really stoked on this book. We really designed the essential backbone of the book to be just hyper Druid overload. If you’re a WoW Druid, this book’s for you. It features all the major druid characters, and players. I love it. Love it, love it. (Source)
    Uh huh, and the TV salesman who says he has at home exactly the type of TV you are thinking to buy, is not also full of shit to make you buy it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina VS Varian is the big Alliance drive going forward. And it sucks considering its clearly there only to make sure the Alliance has something for their 5.5 while the horde picks a warchief.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    They could make something for Vereesa going rogue and trying to assassinate Aethas. Or breaking rank during the siege to attack the BElves.