Question What Arms Used To Be

I used to think Fury was the most powerful solely due to Titan's Grip, but then... I came across the glory of Arms *godly ah's*. Even though one two-hander was a lot less awesome than two, the power made up for it. I got to say that I do miss the old talent system, a lot. Aside from that, this is about the changes to Arms. I used to be like *HOYA, HOYA, HOYA*, but now I'm like *slap, slap, slap*. I used to rule Alterac Valley with the old talent system. What do you think needs to be done? Do you prefer the old talent system as-well? I feel like it's not in-depth anymore. I miss getting a point every level, it made "dinging" a lot more rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyclone View Post
    I used to think Fury was the most powerful solely due to Titan's Grip, but then... I came across the glory of Arms *godly ah's*. Even though one two-hander was a lot less awesome than two, the power made up for it. I got to say that I do miss the old talent system, a lot. Aside from that, this is about the changes to Arms. I used to be like *HOYA, HOYA, HOYA*, but now I'm like *slap, slap, slap*. I used to rule Alterac Valley with the old talent system. What do you think needs to be done? Do you prefer the old talent system as-well? I feel like it's not in-depth anymore. I miss getting a point every level, it made "dinging" a lot more rewarding.

Go ahead and ban me for not being constructive, but what the bloody hell is this post about?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Go ahead and ban me for not being constructive, but what the bloody hell is this post about?
    What do you think needs to be done? Do you prefer the old talent system as-well?
    I'm asking if anyone prefers the older talent system over the new one and what they think of them over-all.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i dont think its a topic of discussion exclusive to the warrior class

but its not like we really had anymore options then, than we do now

i dont really care much either way, my only concern with talents are the tiers that some of them are in.

Consider this thread deleted. I was going to make an in-depth thread regarding the talent options for warriors, like Juggernaut vs. Double Time, etc. It was three in the morning when I made this thread and I forgot what I was going to ask, and came up with this ill-thought thread. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    but its not like we really had anymore options then, than we do now
    Agreed. What we had was the illusion of choice, but if you wanted to competitive (or plain not horrible), you spent your talent points according to this build and this build only.
    You might've had a handful of points left for you to do with as you wished, but that rarely went to stuff that's potentially as impactful as what we have now. Usually they were less points, too.

The biggest difference between then and now was probably a sense of progress as you leveled a character, but at max level, the differences are minor.

10+ Year Old Account
    if im reading this right,you started playing around the time titans grip came in to the game?if you think arms was good then i feel sorry for you.you missed out on rocking arms in BC,both wows and arms prime years.

Agreed, nothing was better than Hand of Justice + Sword Specialization + WINDFURY ( the good one ), where you'd swing once, proc 12 extra attacks and murder people and/or meters. But yeah, that wasn't really balanced at all.

Arms is incredibly boring right now. What's sad is that it was a lot more fun in Cata...yet warriors were in a pretty bad state at that point in pvp. Although, that was mostly due to other classes being out of control, like rogues.

The playstyle was much more fun in cata, though. Right now, it's so boring and faceroll. I haven't done much to evaluate exactly why, but I think it's mostly due to overpower spam. I know why blizzard has made it this way, because I remember the blue posts. However, sometimes less is more. Especially when the abilities mean more when you actually hit them. Even if the gcd for overpower goes back to normal and abilities are changed to compensate I see it as a good thing.

I'm all for faster or more exciting play, but they haven't achieved it with arms by simply changing overpower the way they have. People are going to spam the next available ability so it goes off asap anyway. MS lowering the gcd on overpower so you hit it more often doesn't make the spec feel more exciting.

I also feel like heroic strike needs to feel more heroic. The only thing that really makes a warrior feel fun to me these days is this ability added into the mix since it's off the gcd. If it hit harder and could be more a core part of play it would help the class/spec a lot. I know they have a hard time balancing slam against something like an ms/op combo, but it would pay off if they could figure it out.

The problem is they see heroic strike as a rage dump and nothing more. I see it as an ability that spices up the class and makes it more fun to use it fairly consistently. Even if it's somewhat deceptive, it makes the class feel faster gameplay-wise....simply because it's not on the gcd. When you try and achieve the same effect with something like overpower it just feels faceroll and boring.

Restore it to the state it was for ICC, fun rotation which kept up with fury when executed properly (although that was in AP days). No idea how it was in pvp back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Agreed. What we had was the illusion of choice, but if you wanted to competitive (or plain not horrible), you spent your talent points according to this build and this build only.
    Well, we forget the small things like Rude Interruption and getting rage from successful spell reflects. I didn't really mean it in the way you perceived it. In a way, I do like the old talent trees more because they had abilities like these. But you won't hear me complaining about being able to change a talent while in a raid environment.

personally think the loss of those things is pretty bad, its kind of ridiculous that you have to glyph some of them.

but basically just expedites the whole process and became more convenient, but at a cost. you might call these things minor, but they were carrots on the end of a stick that strongly encouraged skillful play.