Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Well is from Engineers and only those who opt to hold out thirty days, not crafting the Cooking Bag or the Pet with their Lightning Resources. Just like DarkmoonFaire Trinkets were worth over 100k due to low Suppls also the Sky Golem may see good prize. A cool Mount + bonus envy from random people through the Internet may be well worth 150k to some.

On the other hand, there are only few people who have more than 100 000Golds as I get astonished comments often enough when mounting up Grand Expedition yak. Not only that but we are in a Situation where there is already a ton of amazing Mounts, the 200 Mounts Achievment isn't so hard to get and more often than not people will settle with what they have rather than spending a fortune for just 1 more Mount.

I do believe that whoever has 500k is smart enough to note how it's cheaper to unlearn their Profession and level Engineering themselves than buying it for that prize.
    Really, most of the people who oligopolize Markets with overly high Prizes are just growing their competition that will reduce their Profits in the long run.
    I do believe whoever has over 500K themselves is NOT going to want to dump another 15-20K to level Engineering, and then spend another 30 days after reaching max eng level just to make a mount they could have bough for a fraction of their gold. They would also need to farm/buy more Ore to make Bars, and on top of that either spend a large amount on the 30 Living Steels as well. Also, if they plan to go back to their original profession that is just a HUGE waste.

The only way this mount doesnt sell for over 100K+ is either your realms economy sucks, dupers on your realm, and/or people who just do not know how awesome this mount is going to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    And yet you said anyone who'd spend 150k on it is a "gold buyer."
    Actually i mentioned two options. Either a gold buyer or a dunce would spend that kind of gold on something like that.
    Dunce because they dont understand the value of 150k compared to what the mount costs to craft or a gold buyer
    that just doesnt care because they just buy new gold and doesnt place value in gold.

Is this hard to understand or are you just baiting?

Deleted
    @Vanthem
    Not true really. I have adequate gold and characters with spare profession slots. Engineering is quite easy to level and it would cost 4-8k. It is a good idea imo and if as you say it will not go below 100k, then that could save you at least 50k by your reckoning. Your argument doesnt make a lot of sense.

Once the initial tranche of mounts is sold then I expect it to be well below 100k and more probably about 75k. It is just a mount. Plenty of people will be making it. You only need to buy one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    @Vanthem
    Not true really. I have adequate gold and characters with spare profession slots. Engineering is quite easy to level and it would cost 4-8k. It is a good idea imo and if as you say it will not go below 100k, then that could save you at least 50k by your reckoning. Your argument doesnt make a lot of sense.

Once the initial tranche of mounts is sold then I expect it to be well below 100k and more probably about 75k. It is just a mount. Plenty of people will be making it. You only need to buy one.
    If you can max out Engineering only spending 4-8K (would do that in a heartbeat for my Feral), good for you. But on my realm, you would be looking to spend around 15-20K to max out that Engineering via Power leveling, not farming your own mats. While your scenario works out that way, what are you doing to do with all 11 slots filled/All professions maxed out, or you only play 2 toons and their professions are maxed out? Your argument doesn't make a lot of sense does it? Different scenarios come out with different outcomes, and yours just happened to be different from my scenario.
    Last edited by Deafyx; 2013-08-01 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    Actually I cant believe it but am supporting what Fincher said. It is a viable option to make your own engineer and make the mount yourself. If as you say you already have every profession then quite easy to farm the mats yourself as well as having the living steel ready to make. If you have 11 characters maxed then you are likely to have an engineer anyway.

If you have to use the ah then its quite easy to do so in a cost effective way. Why would you power level engineering if your aim was this mount? You only have to be 600 at 5.4 which is ages away.

It is just a mount. People were banging on about panthers, choppers and vials before, but once you have them then they are pedestrian. On any healthy server I dont see it maintaining 100k after the first ttranche and I think it will be about 75k and falling.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2013-08-01 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Oh ye, the Jard's Peculiar Energy Source has a 1 day cooldown. Missed that one!
    Well then i guess that puts some sort of higher price to it. But 150k? Not even close to worth it.
    But i guess there are gold buyers who dont care about stuff like that
    I think it looks better than Spectral Tiger and dont people pay like 600k for those?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I think it looks better than Spectral Tiger and dont people pay like 600k for those?
    Spectral tiger also isn't crafted with dirt cheap mats, the daily cd means nothing when you will be playing those 30 days anyway and making the mats(if you aren't making them you didn't really want the mount anyway). Any smart person is going to look at the mat cost and then if they don't have an engineer they'll look at powerleveling cost and decide on price from there.

Current mat cost(which has been sadly confirmed as not changing) is only about 12-15k, while engineer powerlevel is about the same depending on server. So do you really think a mount that costs atmost 30k to craft is going to be selling for 100k+? 30 days tacks on far less than you think to the cost when anyone is able to make one for themselves for pennies compared to what some of you guys think they will sell for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Spectral tiger is on rarity value as well as looks.

I think the mount looks amazing so I will try to sell the first one for 100-150k, if it doesn't sell within 48hours I'm keeping it.

mounts have lost thier luster over the years, no new mount now is worth stopping and admiring.."oh look whats his riding...awsome..how do i get such a mount?"
    with so many kinds of mounts out there , it doesnt really worth all that gold.
    even those who craft for themselfs will lose interest after an hour or so of using it.

and dont give me the "30 days cooldown" excuse for pumping the price...its doesnt require to do a scenario or somthing , just 5 secs each day..
    you will end up doing it each day even if you dont have any plans to build use or sell anything...

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    mounts have lost thier luster over the years, no new mount now is worth stopping and admiring.."oh look whats his riding...awsome..how do i get such a mount?"
    with so many kinds of mounts out there , it doesnt really worth all that gold.
    even those who craft for themselfs will lose interest after an hour or so of using it.

and dont give me the "30 days cooldown" excuse for pumping the price...its doesnt require to do a scenario or somthing , just 5 secs each day..
    you will end up doing it each day even if you dont have any plans to build use or sell anything...
    All you said is highly subjective and might be your experience.

Looking at the results of the black market auction house proves that there are rich players out there willing to shell out incredible amounts of gold for mounts. Even obscene amounts of gold spent on lvl 535 gear that surely will be replaced in the short term.

People shouldn't be afraid to set the price they want to sell it at, not some made up arbitrary number random people think it will sell for.

Deleted
    Do you have to be lvl 90 to get the recipe?

Also, you guys have to consider supply and demand aswell. Sure, it only costs 15k to create, but the whole server won't get supplied with these mounts the first month or two, therefore, it's very likely that the mount price will go above 100k on any medium-high pop server since a lot more people are interested in buying it than crafting it themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    150k? Who would pay that for a mount that costs like 15k max to craft? Thats just ridicolous...
    15k and one month's worth of time (cooldown on Energy Source)
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    15k and one month's worth of time (cooldown on Energy Source)
    Yes but the one month consists of 30 cds which take about 30s to do each day.

TUJ and your addons will let you know the price they go for.

150k? Who would pay that for a mount that costs like 15k max to craft? Thats just ridicolous...
    As with everything else in this game, the general masses have no concept of making a profit. Therefore,the Sky Golem, no matter if it costs 15k or another amount to make, the randoms will sell it for "Crafting Sky Golem, Free with your mats"

Guaran-damn-teed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post
    As with everything else in this game, the general masses have no concept of making a profit. Therefore,the Sky Golem, no matter if it costs 15k or another amount to make, the randoms will sell it for "Crafting Sky Golem, Free with your mats"

Guaran-damn-teed
    Explain? How can they craft sky golem for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post

Guaran-damn-teed
    lolwut? 10 char
    do what you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Explain? How can they craft sky golem for free?
    The same way it works for choppers likely

Very, very high. Seriously, 99.99% of people are keeping the first one. I have two engineers :3
    30 living steel x 500 each at least and 600 ghost iron +20-40k probably. I'm on tich, it'll sell fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    It takes 30 days for an Engineer to make this, so selling it for less than 100-150K would be going full retard for selling it for 50K.

I plan to make 2 at the same time on my Engineers, that way I can use one myself, and sell the other.

Also, I guarantee you this mount will get duped, so the prices at the start will be so low that you may just either go full retard and get rid of it, or wait for the dupers to get banned/sell their stock.
    I would not use that term.. the reality is the mats cost about 12k.. and if this is an alt, it is 1 minute per day for 30 days. If the mats cost 15k, and I spent 30 minutes over the course of a month, that means I just made 35k gold in 30 minutes of playtime.

It seems like Blizz is on schedule to have the next expansion out next spring.. so I am thinking I will sell the first 5 I make and use the last one before the next expansion. My main is a druid with herb... so I don´t need the perk with this mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    I'll be knocking them out at cost. Share the love.
    being a nice guy can work for stuff like gems ( I do it all the time on my server.. keep prices very low). But with a 30day cd on making these.. if you sell one at cost, someone will just buy it and relist it for double, and you won´t be able to make another one to undercut him.