Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    You're not teleported there but you enter Y'shaarj's heart and see memories of Y'shaarj similar to the brainroom from Yogg Saron. The fight itself looks good and if they hadn't played so aggressively to kill the boss as quick as possible and ignoring trash and stuff they would have killed him. I'm really interested what happens at the end of the fight. I can't see major lore characters in the throne room and I wonder if we alone will defeat Garrosh without the help from NPCs.
    Fury of whatever weapon he is holding, tries to ress us up as big Sha minions, Thrall prays to the elements and breaks free from the stun, stoping Garrosh's cast and while he is dizzy we kill him off.

Deleted
    Can anyone copy the video link? Youtube movies never show on iPads unless you go through the link itself. Mucho thankos!

10+ Year Old Account
    Loading screens in the middle of fight is going to be an issue for many.

DPS: Why did I pull aggro and die
    Tank: Because Im still loading

or healers might not make it into the fight in time.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindsides View Post
    The artwork sure looks like he's corrupted, but he's using the sha, like a weapon. He's in control
    Yeah, remember the point where he yanked everyone into his heart and proceeded to isolate and torture himself with Old God magic?

Wait, I think Y'shaarj did that.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Yeah, remember the point where he yanked everyone into his heart and proceeded to isolate and torture himself with Old God magic?

It doesn't matter if hes being controlled during the fight. What matters, is that everything he did up until the siege was just douche Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post

When something is corrupted, it is altered negativing in some way. When you are talking about a person who is corrupted, their morals have been altered. From the start of this xpac, to Garrosh's death, his morals, goals, methods, etc have been the same and have had no outside influence. Therefore, he has not been corrupted. If anything the only thing that becomes corrupted in this video is Garrosh's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, i still dont understand why you are teleporting to those places though. Just because the other sha were there doesn't mean it makes sense to just magically teleport to those places.
    Were are being teleported there because Yshaarj was in all of those places (Doubt,despair,fear) we we're going into the heart of yshaarj. it makes sense.

Deleted
    My question is:
    On the early PTR Garrosh preview I saw some kind of huge one-shotting balls moving around the platform (at least on the first phase), but now there are none.
    So, did they decide to make them heroic only or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    My question is:
    On the early PTR Garrosh preview I saw some kind of huge one-shotting balls moving around the platform (at least on the first phase), but now there are none.
    So, did they decide to make them heroic only or what?
    They are still there. If you read the Dungeon Journal, you can see that there are engineer adds that spawn. When they finish a cast, the balls are released; if they die during the cast, they are not.

Deleted
    This looks really good, and what I like in lore wise, he starts off with his " normal " Garrosh attitude. His Horde will rule the world. He is Son of Hellscream, he even shouts that. But the longer the fight goes on, the more hatred he builds up, the more damage he takes and the refusal of the Alliance / Horde champions to die.

That's when the Heart takes over and corrupts him fully, you can see it in his speeches. A really well done fight and a fitting end so far!

Looks like a neato fight, gonna be fun to kick some Garrosh ass! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Spekzor View Post
    Looks like one of the best boss fights in the game togheter with the Lich King fight.
    lol... its completely different than lich king, looks like ten times easier and not epic at all

Deleted
    Boring and anti-climactic, especially being outshone by most of the ToT bosses and mechanics.

I should note that the boss is likely not currently scaled correctly. For example, there was a major mechanic in phase 1 that was ignored, which shouldn't be able to be ignored (letting an engineer release an Iron Star to kill the adds). The sha in the shadow realms also seemed to die too fast (he didn't gain enough energy to empower one of his abilities until the second shadow realm phase). This is PTR, the entire purpose of it is to test new things so that they can be tuned, not to give a sneak peak at a boss prior to it going live.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    You're not teleported there but you enter Y'shaarj's heart and see memories of Y'shaarj similar to the brainroom from Yogg Saron. The fight itself looks good and if they hadn't played so aggressively to kill the boss as quick as possible and ignoring trash and stuff they would have killed him. I'm really interested what happens at the end of the fight. I can't see major lore characters in the throne room and I wonder if we alone will defeat Garrosh without the help from NPCs.
    Early on in the video you can see a bit of Thrall standing in a balcony, but he doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I should note that the boss is likely not currently scaled correctly. For example, there was a major mechanic in phase 1 that was ignored, which shouldn't be able to be ignored (letting an engineer release an Iron Star to kill the adds). The sha in the shadow realms also seemed to die too fast (he didn't gain enough energy to empower one of his abilities until the second shadow realm phase). This is PTR, the entire purpose of it is to test new things so that they can be tuned, not to give a sneak peak at a boss prior to it going live.
    Tuning has nothing to do with a boss beeing "bland" or not, we had exactly the same disscussion with madness of deathwing back in cata.
    People where always "but it's not tuned!" on the PTR, while that absolutely did not matter for what the fight was about.

Not saying Garrosh looks like madness, god no lol

I think the fight is ok, maybe there are even more mechanics missing and we don't know what it will be like on hc.
    However, i think the fight looks pretty boring for melee players, just like Lei - Shen. Awesome tuning, really tough fight, but pretty boring, other than not standing in shit.

I started raiding with T11, so while many didn't like the whole interupt heavyness of those fights, I thought it was actually pretty engaging for melee's, nowadays it's almost all about not standing in shit, which is nothing short of a clusterfuck (25 man) but not really that engaging at all.

I'd like some more fights with more melee responsibility, not like Animus, where a single mistake will most likely wipe you, but something more than just not standing in crap and tunneling the boss, like tortos, god the first kill was soooo ungodly long and boring, please don't repeat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    The iron star mechanic is intended, otherwise there wouldn't be an achievement for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Normal fights are never meant to be epic, they are meant to be killable, I'm pretty sure it will be insane on heroic.
    Ah, I didn't know about the achievement. But still, it seemed like it was easier to not let the Iron Star release and kill the adds yourself rather than letting the star kill them and dealing with the higher damage. You probably will have to use the star on heroic though (just a guess).

Deleted
    Too many loading screens... afraid of that ><

Also, on the topic of the Heroic version of this fight, I think you will have more sha phases, like how there is the doubt, despair, and fear phase. People will probably get annoyed by all of the loading screens, so maybe not.

Deleted
    Looks like fun!
    Im curious to how they'll solve the loading-screen issue.