10+ Year Old Account

Question So Many Bans Lately

I've noticed that quite a few people that I had conversations with are now banned. When did this happen? I reviewed all of their previous posts and there is nothing offensive or inappropriate that I can see. Can you be banned solely for not being constructive? I have two infractions regarding my avatar/signature and I want to know how many infractions you can receive until you are banned. I'm curious and I want to know, thanks for reading.

I'm not focusing on the moderators, I just want to know the most common reasons for being banned.
    Last edited by XanderZone; 2013-08-01 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't discuss moderator action.

People tend to get banned for not playing by the rules.

Yes, painting the moderators in a bad light is the sure way to some form of infraction warning.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Don't discuss moderator action.
    This. Discussing moderator actions in public is against the rules here. If you have a problem with the moderation, take it with Sunshine and another blue moderator.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    You're welcome to discuss any actions taken against your account with Sunshine.

As for other people, well, they broke the rules but not necessarily in a forum you're active in. I can't speak on specifics in regards to any particular account as that is their business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't disduss moderator actions within the forum as said before, take it up with them in a PM. These people you have been talking to, might have recieved their ban due to content they have put on MMO-C of one sort or the other. They would just have been in need of following the guidelines, makes everyone on the forum happier.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Will the infractions disappear or will I be reminded forever about mentioning pirating?

@lolan1 they last forever, they will "expire" but they will always be there to remind you that you were bad in the eyes of scrapbot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolan1 View Post
    Will the infractions disappear or will I be reminded forever about mentioning pirating?
    Regular infractions expire after 90 days. The record will never vanish but the infraction has no effect against your account anymore.

Honestly, I have seem it happening before. Some moderators have a bad day, or take it personally because some acquittance blew up and took one on the face, and soon someone have accumulated enough warnings from different moderators to be banned.

At least MMO-Champion is not a lazy god complex forum, and once banned you have access to a place where you can discuss and dispute, unlike most places (LEARN FROM MMOC, PEOPLE). If it's the case of several mod in a bad day, you're promptly restored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XanderZone View Post
    I have two infractions regarding my avatar/signature and I want to know how many infractions you can receive until you are banned. I'm curious and I want to know, thanks for reading.
    I don't see that anyone addressed this particular point.

The system is set up so that each infraction carries a certain number of points. Most offenses are 5 points, but more egregious offenses carry higher point values. If you reach a total of 15 points, that's when bans are automatically triggered, the length of the ban is based on your current point value, so that if you continue to break the rules after that initial ban, you will receive increasingly longer bans each time. These points are what expire after 90 days, so they don't hang over your head forever.

Sig/avatar infractions are a bit lighter, so we only apply 4 points for these, ensuring you never earn a ban just from a single sig/avatar infraction (if you're at 10 points, this would only take you to 14, 1 point short). The points for these also only last 30 days. This way, if it's just an accidentally large sig or avatar, you don't have to worry about the point value of the infraction much; it's only a concerted effort to repeatedly use bad sigs that will rack up the points and cause a ban.

Don't post in the DK forum, someone there has a stick somewhere unpleasant.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.