Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Disagree more strongly that any post you have ever made before (and that is saying something!).

Bonus rolls are a great idea.

Not only is there no downside to coins, outside of the whole 30 minutes of dedicated farming it takes to get the total for the week, they are nearly essential for 10man guilds. In 10man you can go an entire raid tier and never see the item you want drop, and at least half the loot that drops seems to be rogue daggers!

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I think I got more gear via coins than the boss loot itself. I can't see that as a bad idea.
    If I look at my current armory, I only see 3 pieces that I got by coin roll, and I have full 522's. (I use the LFR hat for cat offset)

The coin rolls are pretty good now for the 5.1 raids, but they still seem to be a really low drop chance in ToT. I've been trying for the entire xpac to get a Rune of Reorigination, even in LFR, to no avail.

They are a great idea.

1. They let you get an extra roll on the bosses you still need loot from.
    2. They let you get an extra roll on the bosses you still need loot from.
    3. They let you get an extra roll on the bosses you still need loot from, and nobody is butthurt when you finally win the trinket and they still haven't.
    4. With the 2 tiers of coins you can quickly catch up an alt or even just a new player, without unfairly impacting how quickly you can gear up in current content gear.
    5. They ARE optional, There have been plenty of weeks I haven't done them. If you say you have to do them because they are there, or your guild makes you that doesn't make them not optional.

Deleted
    I still have over 700 lesser coins left and I haven't touched a daily quest in at least two months, no idea how people can struggle to obtain 50 a week...

Your argument of removing something that you yourself state is optional, simply because it's optional? Doesn't really make much sense, it was primarily intended to give raiders something to do outside of raiding. During Cataclysm one of the most common complaints Blizzard recieved from raiders was just that, there was nothing to do in the game outside of their raiding hours. It wasn't intended for LFR people, but if they were interested in them they most certainly were able to obtain them as well. So giving it to them alone makes even less sense...

1: Let them complain, daily quests isn't even the only source for them anymore, I get them left and right without even trying.

2: And how was that exactly? The intention for them was to be a bonus for those who felt like putting in more effort into the game, and being rewarded for it, I would say the coins live up to that perfectly.

The only thing that bugs me about bonus roles is the players that whine about not getting loot from them very often. It doesn't take much effort to get your three tokens a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    A person can lie and tell their guild they do the coin quest every week and just fake like "oh darn just more gold on my bonus roll again"
    So?

The bonus roll system is stupid, and should have never been put in the game in the first place.
    I don't like PVP. My solution is not to do it, as opposed to campaigning for its removal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I still have over 700 lesser coins left and I haven't touched a daily quest in at least two months, no idea how people can struggle to obtain 50 a week...

Your argument of removing something that you yourself state is optional, simply because it's optional? Doesn't really make much sense, it was primarily intended to give raiders something to do outside of raiding. During Cataclysm one of the most common complaints Blizzard recieved from raiders was just that, there was nothing to do in the game outside of their raiding hours. It wasn't intended for LFR people, but if they were interested in them they most certainly were able to obtain them as well. So giving it to them alone makes even less sense...

1: Let them complain, daily quests isn't even the only source for them anymore, I get them left and right without even trying.

2: And how was that exactly? The intention for them was to be a bonus for those who felt like putting in more effort into the game, and being rewarded for it, I would say the coins live up to that perfectly.
    I'm not disagreeing that it is easy to obtain the coins. What I am saying is that its is a terrible feature of the game. It just fuels the entitlement issue that whining players have that they want more content and want the same things as the heroic mode raiders. Its an artificial boost to raiding that diminishes the concept of loot.

If they really wanted to make it easier for players to gather more loot, they should have just dropped more loot on the bosses.

TBH, I don't raid anymore and I'm suprised to hear that bonus rolls are used outside of LFR. I assumed it was an LFR thing.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

If they really wanted to make it easier for players to gather more loot, they should have just dropped more loot on the bosses.
    It's not what they want, it's what you've decided they want. What they really want is a hook that keeps players subbing, and too fast a loot distribution hampers that. It's the slot machine principle - people sit for hours in front of slot machines even knowing full well that they'll get better returns from playing blackjack.

Seen through that lens, the coin system is working perfectly. People grumble and complain and then do it all again next week on the hope that this time will be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a person who hates dailies, I want to say bonus rolls were a bad idea for the purely selfish reason of having to earn them via in-game chores, but honestly I think the concept is fun and it allows RNG to stay in its top position as necessarily evil while still giving some control to players to get extra shots at thos pieces they never need.

That's not to say they couldn't be tweaked to be a little bit better.

It might have been better to make them only usable in LFR so you can use them to fill in those gear gaps from last tier but you're not really obligated as a normal or heroic mode raider. Or maybe even just for prior tiers, so they are really valuable as a catch-up mechanism for new players/alts/rerolls but not something everyone feels is mandatory.

Or they could have made them so you can roll on a specific item, but with a smaller chance to win.

Or both. In any case, I don't have any real strong feelings on it one way or the other, but I do think the concept is fun and I like feeling like I can get extra chances at that last trinket that is eluding me.

I do applaud the decision to lower the charms needed to 50.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    A person can lie and tell their guild they do the coin quest every week and just fake like "oh darn just more gold on my bonus roll again"

The bonus roll system is stupid, and should have never been put in the game in the first place.
    Is it only our loot distribution addon that does this? EPGP announces to the entire raid whenever you spend a coin, what you get, whether it's gold or an item, and how many coins you have left.

The only thing here that is stupid is the guild that "forces" its members to get the coins just because it might give you bonus loot. If you're struggling on your progress it's far more likely that your guilds execution of the fights is to blame, not the gear.

The coins were meant as a bonus for raiders with extra time on their hands, not something to be mandatory for every single raider. I would not wish to be part of a guild who does not understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    heroic raiders won't mind to do a little hour of extra work.
    They are good in the game, they know what they are doing.

They don't even care.

You care. Only you.
    Nah fuck that. It's boring

These are only in the game to justify the high amount of dailies in this game, and to keep them as "relevant content". Because otherwise no one would touch them really afterwards.

If it wasnt these, it would be something else, and they would both be bull.

It just fuels the entitlement issue that whining players have that they want more content and want the same things as the heroic mode raiders..
    There are a number of good arguments against bonus rolls in normal or heroic content. This is not one of them. Bonus rolls do not fuel "entitlement" and has nothing to do with wanting the same thing as heroic raiders. In fact, everybody gets pretty much the same loot anyway, just different ilvls.

I'm generally opposed to the idea of bonus rolls in normal/heroic raids, as personally, if I were still raiding, I'd like to have the raiding experience be
    as unchanged as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    It's not what they want, it's what you've decided they want. What they really want is a hook that keeps players subbing, and too fast a loot distribution hampers that. It's the slot machine principle - people sit for hours in front of slot machines even knowing full well that they'll get better returns from playing blackjack.
    The entire game is based on intermittant rewards. Just like that slot machine. Bonus rolls are just a more blatant use.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

If you really think people still do dailies you must be really confused, people who actually play the game and don't just log to raid easily have over 1000coins with no way to spend them. Not to mention the countless ways to get over 500coins per hour now.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the bonus roll system, but i think there needs to be more ways to get lesser charms, bosses in heroic dungeons should award some, or scenarios maybe.
    dragonmaw - EU

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bonus rolls are incredible. Definitely not a bad idea. An extra chance at a piece of loot is great.

And dailies are far from required to do them. Originally, yes ... But now? Nope. Even when the game launched it didn't require many dailies, I only ever did Golden Lotus and Klaxxi. I almost never do dailies, and yet every week I can easily afford to get my 3 mogu runes.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Optional, tacked-on things, by their very nature, can't be bad if they can be ignored without lasting impact.

OP QQ some more.
    I love bonus rolls, there was a time where the raid leader would ninja an item off the last boss, I rolled my bonus and got an upgrade.
    I get most of my upgrades from these rolls.

To those really complaining about bonus rolls, do you remember what we had to do to prepare for raids back in the day? Everyone had to spend some time every week farming mats, and doing other things just to ensure you had flasks, pots and food for that week's raiding. For many it was more than an hour a week. And I can say firsthand that it was just as boring as dailies and not nearly as lucrative. These days, people don't have to do this as often, guilds provide food and flasks for raiding. And even if they didn't people can put engima seeds in their farms for a few days and have enough mats for a few flasks.

The point of that is that having to do dailies or having to do something boring is a very poor argument to use against bonus rolls.