Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

So How many Ladies REALLY play WoW?

I'm curious to know how many of those female toons are actually played by real women.

Lol.. This thread is probably not going to end well.
    Not that many females play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't think we could ever really know this information...

probably a fair few female wow players, but most of the female chars you see in game are probably male. thats how i go anyway, i just assume everyone online is a man.
    dragonmaw - EU

Considering the sort of attitudes that female players have to contend with, then I would not be surprised if a number of perfectly good players were driven away because of arrogance and outdated attitudes which were derived from a means of asserting dominance physically because you could not convince someone by other means.
    If someone can do their job, who cares where their organs are located.

*raises hand* been playing for 8 years Was the hubby that dragged me kicking and screaming into WoW though, he quit during WotLK, he was more the solo type, where as I loved the whole guild thing and raiding

Way more women play this game than you think. In fact, most of my (female) friends play male toons almost exclusively. Until you heard them in Vent, you'd have no idea the person you were playing with was a woman.

And if it's any consolation, you may assume everyone you talk to is a man, but I generally assume anyone I talk to is a woman, so fair's fair.
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

Deleted
    why do you wanna know? *shifty eyes* ¬_¬

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    Way more women play this game than you think. In fact, most of my (female) friends play male toons almost exclusively. Until you heard them in Vent, you'd have no idea the person you were playing with was a woman.

And if it's any consolation, you may assume everyone you talk to is a man, but I generally assume anyone I talk to is a woman, so fair's fair.
    yeah in wotlk there was only one girl in my guild, and she played male tauren, we had no idea it was a girl until she on vent.
    with assuming everyone is man, really if its a female character with a name containing something like babe, hot anything like that, i assume its male, if its got an actualy female name i assume its actually a girl, otherwise i don't really think about it.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I raid with two women in a 10 man raid. I've known a good dozen women overall in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno about way more females than you'd think. At least, not in raids anyway. But every once in a while you will run into a few of them... Whether she's terrible, flirting with people, getting carried, on your level, above your level, or just pissing people off intentionally or unintentionally.

i dunno

characters name is usually a dead giveaway

in my guild we have 4 women that raid with us.

Dunno if it's a regional thing, but there has always been alot of women in our guild/server, including myself we must have at least 20 ish females in our guild, and I know quite a few from other guilds on our server. Women in WoW has never been of importance, we're all just gamers that play WoW. No one makes a big deal of it in our guild. I find it strange that some people do lol.

Statistics show 38% of wow players are Female

to put a number on it...... i say the WoW population is probably in the area of 15-20% of the population.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough.

>.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

In my ten man raid, two players are female. Four of the toons are female.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm female, playing since Wrath, and raid with two other girls. :3 x

Too many men. :P

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

I don't think I've ever been in a raid where it was exclusively men. I believe the highest ratio I've seen in any raid makeup was close to 50% in a 10 man.

The majority of the women I've played WoW with were introduced by a significant other, a family member, or a close friend. Of those that I raided with, most of them raided with the significant other, family member, or close friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've met loads of women in WoW, ironically (or not) playing on an RP server. It's really not that rare to meet female players anymore, if it ever really was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Lol.. This thread is probably not going to end well.
    Not that many females play WoW.
    Or want to say they are females because for some odd reason there are men who make the other gender such big deal.