Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Believe it was gutted going into MOP or in early MOP. I think there was a blue post, but honestly I don't recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Believe it was gutted going into MOP or in early MOP. I think there was a blue post, but honestly I don't recall.
    I know that they remade pretty much every item with resistance on it to give some other stat, like the resistance elixir, the enchants etc, but the trinkets still got their resistance on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know for certain, they're in my void storage I think, can check later. There are fewer and fewer tips and tricks like that around now and it's probably going to continue going that way, but if some still work to some degree I'm sure someone will eventually find a use.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    keep old gear for an entire expansion.
    People think I'm crazy for keeping EVERY drop I've gotten in an expansion for my tank classes, but back when we were doing ToGC25H Anub, they weren't laughing then!

Deleted
    Resistance items still work, but they were nerfed heavily in mop iirc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    People think I'm crazy for keeping EVERY drop I've gotten in an expansion for my tank classes, but back when we were doing ToGC25H Anub, they weren't laughing then!
    People think I'm crazy for harping on about a tactic used 4 years ago during a very different time but I know what's best!
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    keep old gear for an entire expansion.
    Pshh, people call me crazy but i still keep gear from TBC (it's funny how ICC(?) tier bonus was still useful, and when for a brief moment holy paladins had like no CD on LoH with t3 bonus me thinks)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Talking about the Sindragosa Flawless Fang and Barradin trinket, does the resistance from them still give damage reduction?
    I believe they were reworked so that the damage reduction lost from its potency each level above intended level. 80 to 85 and 85 to 90.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    I believe they were reworked so that the damage reduction lost from its potency each level above intended level. 80 to 85 and 85 to 90.
    So they reworked the entire magic resistance formula? Since previously they scaled pretty well, sindragosas fang was still awesome in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I read something like that a while back. It doesn't scale well for 90 so that it can't be abused / used on max level. They did that especially because S.Fang was used in Cata. "Now provides 15% less resistance per level beyond level 85."

Was fixed with 5.1. http://www.wowhead.com/item=50361/si...-fang#comments
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-08-02 at 12:03 PM.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst on the topic of old stuff - Thunderfury.

Seeing as we lost Judgements of the Just was it called? Slow attack speed by 20%? Back in WOTLK, I remember some kind of Thunderfury nerf back in Ulduar due to a resurgence in use. It doesn't seem to have that bad a proc chance even now. On very certain fights, possible use? I'm thinking a weapon swap when you're offtanking, because we'll lose so much damage from actually using it and by standing in fire for vengeance to help, you're undoing all the worth of it to begin with - taking less damage.

Having not tanked anything above LFR for a long time, I don't know how many of those situations there are, where as a tank without aggro you can sit there bored.

I can try it out, but the big issue I see is that boss damage is so skewed towards their nukes that their melee is hardly threatening at all (in 10/10H). 25m MAY get some use from this, but honestly outside of like...RaDen, enraged Horri, LS, there is not much "threatening" melee that would yield a benefit. Plus the bit of damage lost from using an ilvl~90 vs ilvl~550

IMO anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    I have no idea to be honest about TF.

Talking about old stuff though, set bonuses I find interesting.

T12 2p - 20% increased damage on SotR - Imagine this on fights where you can GC cheat to get 100% uptime on SotR. That means you are likely having a ton of mobs on you spamming you with AB stacks, + using SotR all the time, it would be a significant dps increase for only losing 2 pieces.

T13 2p - 25% of J damage = absorb shield - Would be kinda funny with SW to spam absorb shield on yourself everytime you pop it, though the shields would be too small unless you get some horridon like damage boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I can try it out, but the big issue I see is that boss damage is so skewed towards their nukes that their melee is hardly threatening at all (in 10/10H). 25m MAY get some use from this, but honestly outside of like...RaDen, enraged Horri, LS, there is not much "threatening" melee that would yield a benefit. Plus the bit of damage lost from using an ilvl~90 vs ilvl~550

IMO anyway.
    Tbh i don't think dmg lost will be that much, the diff in dps would account for ~84k AP which is a lot, but at the same time is probably < 1/3rd of our veng levels.

Using TF vs a 541 is pointless. If it was a boss like pre-nerf Sunwell Brutallus, MAYBE. With current bosses, it's a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Using TF vs a 541 is pointless. If it was a boss like pre-nerf Sunwell Brutallus, MAYBE. With current bosses, it's a non-issue.
    But it's purty and legendary

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    But it's purty and legendary
    TOTALLY AGREE. I use it in our kill shots, cause legendary!