Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Looking at it like that, you'd be using it wrong. It's more like for every escape ability they have, you have a catch up one. :-)
    Until their escapes are on lower cds than your catchups and you can't catchup shit on a stick.

Mmm...ketchup...

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    the problem is for every catchup ability you have, they have an escape ability :P
    Eh yes and no, if you time things right you should be more or less okay.

Besides, this game isn't and never should be balanced around 1v1. There are a reason melee cleave teams (like TSG, kittycleave, etc.) are strong in arenas even though they're both melee. And before people start saying that there are more range teams that's true, but there are also more range classes, so it makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganglartoronto View Post
    I think its kinda silly that a hunter can out damage and kill me while he stays 1 meter from me in melee range, but he can block and parry many of my attacks(bad RNG, but still). Hunters don't even have to get out of melee range, they are just warriors with rang enow.
    You mean to say they don't even need to get out of melee. They have plenty of ways to get out of it if they truly want to.

I have seen hunters making mistake after mistake in combat and still winning because that's how retardedly OP they are, they don't even need to utilize all their tools. I can't even remember the last time I saw a hunter using Master's Call, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Until their escapes are on lower cds than your catchups and you can't catchup shit on a stick.

Mmm...ketchup...
    Then PvP isn't for you.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Just tried another session on the PTR. Top damage done in every 10 man BG reads like this

Hunter
    Ele
    Lock
    SPriest
    Mage
    Boomkin
    Disc Priest Smite Healing
    Some random ranged class in full blues that doesnt know where the pvp gear vendor is
    that AFK guy still by the mage table
    level 90 melee classes
    Last edited by tiffy33; 2013-08-02 at 07:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    Just tried another session on the PTR. Top damage done in every 10 man BG reads like this

Hunter
    Ele
    Lock
    SPriest
    Mage
    Boomkin
    Disc Priest Smite Healing
    Some random ranged class in full blues that doesnt know where the pvp gear vendor is
    that AFK guy still by the mage table
    level 90 melee classes
    In truth, BG damage doesn't mean actual damage performance. An average dps player's place on the meter can be greatly buffed if he can just stay alive and do damage, as opposed to a player whose class does tremendous damage but who is trained and killed 24/7.

And hunters EXCEL at staying alive. Between their dozens of "get me out of here" abilities and instant damage, a skilled hunter shouldn't even die once in a bg provided he doesn't get cocky and goes to 1v3 some people.

Deleted
    good thing random bgs matter and don't cater ranged at all

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you're not testing in duels or BG's because that's what it sounds like. I agree with the most, though. Some ranged are inflating waaaay too much with the new gear. Ele and all of its procs are just bull, cast 1 Lava Burst and get like 30 flying at you, loldeadskill (yes exaggeration but you get the point).

Didn't Holinka say the trinkets are getting changed/nerfed, though? I imagine most people will be using them since they're op, maybe that will *help*? We can hope... we can hope, guys.

Deleted
    I always wonder...the people who QQ about ele shaman , did you play one ? Caus on mine i get stomped like hell , yet on my enha shaman i burn bitches...so? I don't think melee is something for you m8 , you need practice to be able to NOT be kited.

Most melees are fine. L2P issue.
    Overpowered in 1v1 situations are hunter, elemental and monk. Maybe mage. But that also can often be compensated by better play.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Overpowered in 1v1 situations are hunter, elemental and monk. Maybe mage. But that also can often be compensated by better play.
    its not being OP in 1v1 they are OP in team play. If anything melees are fine in 1v1s. If I can get an ele shaman alone I can easily burst him down on my Ret. Its when you are doing something like temple of Hordemogu and everyone is bunched up trying to control mid, same thing with every other BG where theres a large number of people fighting over something like mid in EotS or mid in Deepwind Gorge. Obviously as a melee you are forced to charge at them in order to do damage. Its pretty much Yolo every single time. Even with healers you will get blown up. Sometimes enemy teams dont even have melees so when they see some idiot running at them obviously they are going to notice you and then you die.

Maybe BGs are supposed to be like this now. Melees just act like disposable pawns whos only job is to make the enemy target them instead of the ranged. Kind of like sending all your ground troops in to die so they get targeted instead of your precious artillery in the back. Except that artillery also has insane self healing and escape mechanics. Which really doesnt make sense. Ranged should need melees as much as melees need ranged. But for some reason it doesnt work like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    good thing random bgs matter

cause its so much different in RBGs. When we go up against melee heavy teams its pretty much a free win.

Deleted
    I dont know for 5.4 but right now on live I pretty much roflstomp every single mage as Feral. The problem is that your testing is done in normal random bgs in the PTR that nobody gives a **** about. + You playing classes you never ever played before and you wounder why you die.
    Last edited by mmoc127eab4b3d; 2013-08-02 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    I always wonder...the people who QQ about ele shaman , did you play one ? Caus on mine i get stomped like hell , yet on my enha shaman i burn bitches...so? I don't think melee is something for you m8 , you need practice to be able to NOT be kited.
    I play Ele, but only messing around in BGs. My buddy plays Ele and I play RDruid with him. I think I have a pretty decent grasp on Ele, and I'm comfortable saying that it's ability to instagib people needs to scale back. Their kiting and survivability is right about where it needs to be, IMO.

Agreed that Enhance is VERY dangerous. Enhance/Hunter cleaves are one of the scariest things for me at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Meh. Depends what you mean by "fine". You can do pretty well with heals as a competent melee, but it sure feels a lot easier to play ranged comps. As a Warrior, I almost feel like having a hunter teammate in 3s is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Fromhellofdoom View Post
    You playing classes you never ever played before and you wounder why you die.
    So how come people who have never played a ranged class before can still kill you? I have rolled ranged classes I have never played before and can still finish BGs with 0 deaths and quite a handful of kills as long as a sit back in the group and dont do anything stupid. But how are you supposed to do that as melee? No matter how bad people are they are going to notice the enemy nameplate standing in the middle of their group.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm destroying shit with my arms warrior on live.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    I'm destroying shit with my arms warrior on live.

cause Warriors have 9 million cooldowns and can easily close on people or retreat. Try doing the same on a DK. Also you have to be really good to play decently as a Warrior. Anyone can play Ele and still roll BGs. I mean how hard is it to spam 1,2,3,3,3,2,3,2,2,3,3,3,4 ?
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-08-02 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MissLulu View Post
    Range should be glass cannons IMO.
    tell that to warlocks more health then any other clothies
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    tell that to warlocks more health then any other clothies
    and can beat Healers in healing done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MissLulu View Post
    Range should be glass cannons IMO.
    They should but are not. Once you get past the stupid roots and other ccs to the point where you can actually hit them you get a big fat "Absorb" ring out when you swing due to defensive cds, then the CC cycle begins again.

Seriously my cloth wearing Warlock has better defenses than my Plate wearing UH/Frost DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Looking at it like that, you'd be using it wrong. It's more like for every escape ability they have, you have a catch up one. :-)
    seriously i;m a rogue and i try to catch up to a druid just saying the entire class is owned by a stupid FF 40 sec timer and is spammable 24 sec SS and a silly spirt is not enought
    same goes for hunters but for some reasons i still beat most of them prolly met only bad hunters that eat a full kidney but the amount of their escape mechanism are far more superior of the ones some of the melees have to catch up
    Last edited by Kezuma; 2013-08-02 at 02:52 PM.