The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Cloak and Dagger

So I haven't played my rogue in like a VERY very long time and I got to ask what is the point of this ability if it doesn't work with Shadow dance?

Thanks ~

The point is to fill the empty hole in the talent tree they created when they made prep baseline until 6.0 when Blizzard can put some actual thought into a talent on the same level of usefulness as Step.
    Last edited by SynergyDarkstar; 2013-08-02 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The truth of the matter is, you have no proof for this and are just generating facts.

Iirc it was usable under shadowdance but was deemed to strong (which might have been true) and then they nerfed it to the ground and left it in it's current state.

hey you have to see it positive first of all you have 2 choices left second Diablo 3 sold 12 million copys problems solved

to be serious they could just have it limited the cnd so you cant port more then twice during that period but oh well blizzard decided that we dont deserve talent choices and nerft it entirely
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2013-08-02 at 02:01 PM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So blizzard is completely alright with this being useless? Well now I don't mind just pick shadow step It's just bothering me haha

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    So blizzard is completely alright with this being useless? Well now I don't mind just pick shadow step It's just bothering me haha
    yes they are
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

I love it on my Nelf rogue.
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

Ah well anyways, it's nice to see that the rogue forum is getting more and more lady posters.

I don't care about the genitals of the posters, more about the content of the posts.

Cloak and Dagger needs a redesign. It was last justified by the devs as a few top rated combat rogues use it in conjunction with subterfuge (which it still works with). That's fine and all, but I think it really needs to be either a cool button that offers a manner of mobility that the other two don't (for instance, proof against roots), or a passive that is legit competitive and doesn't involve the words "stealth" or "opener".

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's useful questing and such when you are in situations where it is mostly "stealth, burst down mob, drop combat, re-stealth, burst down next mob, drop combat again, re-re-stealth.

If you are in a situation where you can't drop combat to stealth, then yeah, it's usefulness is pretty much zero.

You can use it to ambush people on fly mounts several times with subterfuge.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by SynergyDarkstar View Post
    The point is to fill the empty hole in the talent tree they created when they made prep baseline until 6.0 when Blizzard can put some actual thought into a talent on the same level of usefulness as Step.
    They did. It was called hit and run but they chose not to implement it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Didn't this get mired in mechanical issues before it could ever get tested well? It's too far back for me to remember properly.

From a PvE side though I think it could only have ever switched back and forth between useless and OP... if you need to hit something and get away, H&R! Need to hit a switch no one's near in some odd mechanical situation? H&R! Kick that one mob without losing your place? H&R! Anything else: why would you EVER use this instead of ShS.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Hit and run (theortically) would have been great for FC rogues in bgs and rbgs. pop that thing and do like a mini shadowstep to your flag to cap/win the game
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

H&R had no mechanical issues, but the targeting reticule infuriated the internal testers.

Cynically but seriously, I do not trust their internal testers on rogues very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    From a PvE side though I think it could only have ever switched back and forth between useless and OP... if you need to hit something and get away, H&R! Need to hit a switch no one's near in some odd mechanical situation? H&R! Kick that one mob without losing your place? H&R! Anything else: why would you EVER use this instead of ShS.
    A valid trick in PvP could be to use it to escape behind a pillar with your healer, who heals you to full. If they chase, you'll get a free escape, and if they wait there you get healed to full.

i don't know abou you but in my mind H&R wasn't that good after all. granted, it was an excellent defensive tool in porting around and fooling the others, but offensively it was really bad imho. porting to your target for 10secs of uptime and then be forced back to your original location; it was horrible as a catch-up or gapcloser. and don't forget guys: it was on a 45 secs CD which was freaking huge for a talent in our "mobility tier". i guess most people miss H&R for what it really was: a gimmicky fun-skill.