View Poll Results: Should Ghostcrawler be replaced as Lead Systems Designer?

Voters
2314. This poll is closed
  • Yes

526 22.73%
  • No

1,788 77.27%
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    I can remember one of the worst stuff he said considering healing balance at least.

it was something along these lines:
    You can't check the meters on who is the best performing healers, a lot of factors balance into this, f.ex. tranquility for resto druids (at the time the worse healer) is giving massive output while disc priest's (at the time the best performing healer, what meters showed at least.) PW: barrier is not showing on the meters.

I still don't get it, why would he use an example to make it so obvious how underbalanced druids were when tranquility was parts of their healing, and disc priests with a cooldown on par with tranquility or even better, could outperform the healing done by a resto druid even when resto druids have a major CD affect their healing done.
    You should have read the beta threads for healing priests.

Priests: "we have severe mana issues, all we're doing is getting a handful of heals off because we're spending the entire raid encounter spamming solace for mana".
    GC: "solace feels required for priests then? well, we'll just nerf solace mana return by 90%". HE LITERALLY SAID THIS in a beta thread in response to priest mana complaints.

End result? Priests get mana regen balanced hotfixed/patched in weeks after MoP release, solace remains pretty much unusable for healing priests for an entire raid tier...I believe, I had benched my priest from the EXACT SAME SHIT happening with priests when Cataclysm went live.

GC can go eff himself, after following PTR changes/beta forums for Cata and MoP I can honestly say he has no idea wtf he is doing. Not his team, HIM PERSONALLY based off of what he himself says on the forums.

Which position? Punching bag for ignorant fools that ignore completely the subject they are complaining about, and yet talk like Ph.D. while they say GC is responsible for it, as if he did just about EVERYTHING in the game?

No, he is pretty safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he's a boogeyman for people upset with the game.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Stop it. GC is one of the best developers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    The sub loss was going to happen regardless of what Blizzard did.
    Maybe it was. But Blizzard DIRECTLY and KNOWINGLY contributed to the subloss over the past 4-6 years. They've made sure that they can make greater profits in other ways through the game though.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a poll like this not too long ago.

This one is turning out exactly the same way the last one did.

Like, I'm pretty sure ALL of the coments, from "GC is intentionally ruining the game as evidenced by his treatment of my class" or "he makes all balance decisions" to the people responding to said complaints with "you're stupid if you believe that."

Nothing new to see here.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-08-03 at 08:19 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You should have read the beta threads for healing priests.

Priests: "we have severe mana issues, all we're doing is getting a handful of heals off because we're spending the entire raid encounter spamming solace for mana".
    GC: "solace feels required for priests then? well, we'll just nerf solace mana return by 90%". HE LITERALLY SAID THIS in a beta thread in response to priest mana complaints.

End result? Priests get mana regen balanced hotfixed/patched in weeks after MoP release, solace remains pretty much unusable for healing priests for an entire raid tier...I believe, I had benched my priest from the EXACT SAME SHIT happening with priests when Cataclysm went live.

GC can go eff himself, after following PTR changes/beta forums for Cata and MoP I can honestly say he has no idea wtf he is doing. Not his team, HIM PERSONALLY based off of what he himself says on the forums.
    I feel you, was on vacation, and when i came back 5.2 came out, and I got this as a response: "If you were anything, but a resto druid we would have spot for you, but can't take in a resto druid, it's too weak..." and now for 5.3 when it got buffed I am quite severly undergeared, but will try to find something for 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Because Blizz knows that WoW's day in the sun has passed. And they know that no matter what they do, they're going to lose subs. So getting rid of someone who is good at their job just because of sub loss isn't the wisest course of action.

I don't think Wow's day in the sun has passed, that won't happen until there is a true competitor.

I think there have been DESIGN choices that led to people not wanting to play.

A for instance is, if you haven't played an alt in a while (by a while I mean at least an expansion or so) and go back to it now from what you recall.. you would be like wtf am I supposed to do. The specs have changed so much it's a bit unsettling.

Though I guess you can also look at How many people play Rift, how many people play SWTOR and realize those totals (which I am unaware of totally) subtracted from wow for their large part.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    I actually like GC, always have. He's reasonable enough and pretty fair at explaining things.

Regardless, with the precipitous drop in subs... how does the lead designer keep his job?
    We're not talking about the "lead designer". We're talking about Mr. Street. That is not his job title.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    I think he's a boogeyman for people upset with the game.
    He's the one that actually communicates with the fanbase, so people take out their frustrations on the guy they know as opposed to the few hundred guys they don't.

I voted "no," by the way. Full disclosure.

For doing his job? No.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    MMOC forums let me keep my job again. Whew.
    ahahahahah he's been following I see

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted 'YES', but not because of the sub loss.

Most of the game mechanics systems in the game current just play wonky. Most of them feel more like a step backwards rather than a step forwards. Even though the two I don't like a lot are more based around Reputation, and Valor points I don't think that's in his control. The current VP pre-5.4 patch set up is just bad. Either it's farm Scenarios/Heroics for gear, or Reputation grind through dailies, or Heroics for daily Reputation bonuses to unlock some decent Valor gear. OR you could just PvP for mediocre gear between that.

The two gripes I have that I feel are a step backwards is the removal of the Totem Bar for Shamans. I mean really, those helped. That really, really helped. A lot. It shouldn't of been removed.

And the approved buffs for Warriors. Warriors don't need all of those buffs for 5.4. They're fine as is currently. At most they need some nerfs for DPS while the buffs for tanking are fine. Just what's going on there too?

I really don't want to see him fired from his job. Just replaced, or take a step down from his position for an Expansion and let someone else do it for him but with his guidance. I'd actually would like to see an Expansion for WoW done by the interns, and only the interns. How's that for an idea?

Whoops, derailed there.

THE GREAT AUTHENTICATOR EATER WILL CEASE TO TYPE NOW!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've grown to like him after he started tweeting and stuff.

To be honest, I don't see why people hate on him. He decides who gets nerfed and not? Is that really a good reason for someone to get fired? 10% of the WoW players feel like they don't do enough dps? Wow....
    Might just be me though...

No? No one person is responsible for what's going on. Why do people think about these things all day?

He is trying to be the voice for a lot of different people.
    As a result what he says will not always be consistent.

He is not responsible for a lot of what he communicates, just being the primary outlet through which much of it it communicated.
    How many of these posts do we get from other developers ?

A lot of people here don't seem to understand how a corporate work actually happens. You don't fire the guy who gives face and takes the "blame" for everything that happens in a company. You keep him happy and give a nice bonus for taking huge amounts of crap and still acting professional.

Maybe that sentence might imply that I think he is doing a bad job which i don't. He is the guy going on the worst possible environment on the Internet (dedicated forums) and explaining decisions taken by several people (his team, the team above that cares of them, the people above, the people above, the people above that have decision, the people above that veto those decisions, etc etc).

Give the guy a rest, even people like myself who played 14 hours a day for years are getting somewhat bored with the game, not because its bad but because thats just what happens.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Will he? No.
    Should he? Yes.

I dislike damn near everything he has done to this game since joining and I dislike his arrogant ass attitude.
    I completely agree I must admit.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    He is trying to be the voice for a lot of different people.
    As a result what he says will not always be consistent.

He is not responsible for a lot of what he communicates, just being the primary outlet through which much of it it communicated.
    How many of these posts do we get from other developers ?
    ^this guy has it. People are complete ignoring the fact that there are multiple WoW teams that work on changes, not a single person.

Also, based on quite a bunch of blue posts and a couple of MMO-champ threads, it seems people assume they know what goes on at Blizzard but they complete forget that they have absolutely no clue what actually goes on. (Example is the recent blue post where GC has to explain they have priorities and that they do not have infinite time/resources/employees)