Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chovie23q View Post
    Hello there, I really need help with my dps i have tried many things and i dont know whats wrong i have asked many people for help ive tried many different things i know my rotation i have read all the guides i can i have looked at videos and its all the same i have even tried changing my playing style a bit and everything still the same i have no idea whats wrong ill link my armory page and world of logs for you guys to take a look at, basically my problem is i dont know why my dps sucks and i dont know how i can fix it

World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9yigj45f44cvaowc/

WoW armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Osram/simple

Raid bot: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/frostmourne/osram/

sorry had to break the links up

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

no one can help??
    Your weapon sucks balls, and you have windsong on it. Thats why your dps sucks mostly.

Firstly : 73HP from CS and 73HP from J. There's something wrong here. CS>J at all times. You're losing HP and thus TVs. REcheck the guides or install Revvo's rotational weakauras (>>find it here<<)

Secondly, your must align your 2nd guardian with wings+2nd potion. You had terrible luck with Spark and got it only once aligned with SW.
    Thirdly, you misuse ES powerful synergy with feathers. You used it multiple times with only 4-5 stacks of feathers. Wait for the 9th-10th (depending if you have other bonuses fading bewteen 8th and 10th, then use ES with the most powerful str combo available).

On LFR, slack on trahs to have your rppm trinkets at max chance for procs on pull. And with your guild, if they are ok with it, wait 2-3min before pull for the same reason.

Last but not least : you have NO legendary bonus, meaning you haven't your second gem on weapon, no legendary metagem, no 600 cloak. This HURTS. get updated with this

TL;DR : change your weapon asap and enchant yours with dancing steel and your legendary quest, and refine your rotation/CD usage

Quote Originally Posted by Cowd View Post
    Just started playing ret in a new guild, after tanking for the last two expansions. Ive found that i can compete with our 535+ geared rogues/warriors/mages off the pull with GoAK/Wings etc popped but after a few minutes into the fight average out between 100-120k dps depending on the fight. Any pointers or tips based on my gear/logs would be appreciated.

*Dark Animus kill should probably be excluded due to dying about 25 seconds in to matter swap/explosive slam in the face.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Thror/advanced
    Logs for Guild: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/196388/
    July 28th/29th are best days to look at. The other logs i may not be included.
    Basically the exact same here.

Loonking at your tortos kill. Should have delayed your third HA/AW to align it with guardian+2nd potion. Bad weapon and weap enchant. NO legendary bonus.
    On tortos specifically : align your CDs with turtle kicks except the CDs you blow on pull. You'll get better results.

Same problem with ES-feather synergy misused, and it should be macroed to your Synapse springs

TL;DR : change your weapon asap and enchant yours with dancing steel and your legendary quest, and refine your CD usage. Rotation looks ok

EDIT : forgot to say that none of you had t15 bonuses as ret. And they are a major boost, especially 4p, and 2p is very nice too.
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2013-07-30 at 04:08 PM.

^ i can feel for them.

Ive yet to see a 522 wep drop. And only had 1 in LFR.

I need to track feather better it seems. I normally do my first ES on 20 stacks of guardian.

Is HA better for Tortos then SW ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moridinn View Post
    Is HA better for Tortos then SW ?
    Depends wethers or not you are killing bats (or even assigned to it or told to ignore them).
    If you are, those DS will ramp up your damage. But I largely prefer SW because it allows better room for trinket management and tortos' debuff.

Situationnal choice reallyw

Fair enough.

Are you able to critique how im doin Meta. Greatly appreciate it.

"
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...w/Nippa/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rsgjis9nfg88swcn/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-obdtp5qlqkavsv1s/

Questions, concerns, expectations: Ive had the worst luck with drops, but with the LFR wep, and 2pc i think im doing the best that i can. I know i can tighten up some things to get higher DPS. What do you guys think ? any input would help. Let me know what i can do better, i feel that i should be doing more DPS.

Thanks in advance.

Hoping to get a 522 wep,"

Deleted
    Your CD-trinket management isn't bad, rotation seems ok. You forgot your 2nd gem on weapon, and your 2nd JC STR gem (I would put those in your two red slots on your boots, this way you won't forget one when changing gear since you are likely to keep your boots 'till t16).

You have indeed terrible luck with gear : so much hit and no chest tier to have nice gloves (primo or qon).
    A better training to use ES with your trinkets, and I would have used potion with second guardian but your fight duration makes it tricky so, really not a major thing here. (talking about durumu since it's a good patchwerk boss)

Generally speaking, you're doing fine, your gear is the problem. If you want specific fights related tricks, feel free to ask
    Best of luck for your gear and those titan stones
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2013-07-30 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks for your help metasaigneur, I will post here how it goes when i can

- - - Updated - - -

Your method helped me a bit, thanks metasaigneur

Hi fellow paladin.
    I would like to get your input on how to improve my dps. I'm currently well geared and maybe I could push a bit more. Any advices is always welcome. As a raid leader, I always want to improve myself!

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%89vo/advanced

Worldoflogs Link:
    most recent heroic log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8po1ay9c1zuap9gf/
    most recent ToT clear log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n97dwxrdfchifilo/

Im using CLCret just to keep track of what's coming and keep inquisition up. For Aoe situation, muscle memory doesn't fail me to use Aoe abilities instead of Crusader Strike or Templar Verdict. My dps is not that bad, I just wanna improve and get advice from the community.
    Here the string taken from icy veins for my rotation
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/669-clcret/

I might be doing something wrong with my cooldown and trinket proc. But usually, I'm always using my abilities when the're up unless I know I won't be able to hit the boss. (i.e Iron Qon tornado Phase) or I need a burst (i.e Horridon adds)
    Last edited by Evolution69; 2013-08-02 at 01:52 PM.

Sylviana: Just doing a quick run over your armory.

1. I notice you're below the Expertise cap (7.5%) at 7.18%. You will get dodged. Need to get this up. If you use expertise/haste gems instead of str/haste gems you can easily get this cap. You may even be better off changing all your str/haste gems to exp/haste gems and then reforging some of the expertise off your gear. You will definitely see an increase in Mastery.

2. You're over the Hit cap (7.5%) by a decent margin (8.92%). It's not a huge change but you can make your hit/haste gems into haste/stam gems. It gives you a little more Stamina in place of some useless Hit. Not huge, but definitely would maximize your stats.

3. Newer information shows that using CS > J > Exo is better than using Exo ahead now. This is mostly because of weapon scaling and the buff to SoL. This will also result in more 4pc procs buffing your TV damage slightly.

4. Alchemy. It's a decent bonus profession, but if you're looking to maximize things I would consider switching to Engineering. Being able to macro up synapse springs / execution sentence is very nice. It also has a ton of raid perks.

5. I'm sure you know to delay your ES and try to maximize your AP before you use it. Trinket procs buff the ES damage quite a bit. If you can use it at 10 stacks of feather AND the Spark of Zandalar proc .. it's so nice.

6. I usually use my DPS CDs on CD. I, usually, delay that 2nd GoAK until my 4th AW tho. You're right though, it depends a lot on the fight and if you'll miss any CDs by waiting to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    Sylviana: Just doing a quick run over your armory.

1. I notice you're below the Expertise cap (7.5%) at 7.18%. You will get dodged. Need to get this up. If you use expertise/haste gems instead of str/haste gems you can easily get this cap. You may even be better off changing all your str/haste gems to exp/haste gems and then reforging some of the expertise off your gear. You will definitely see an increase in Mastery. Ill check out my hit gems but regarding expertise, isnt the 0.32% missing is mathematicly impossible to get dodged if im always behind the target(or at least once in the entire fight).

2. You're over the Hit cap (7.5%) by a decent margin (8.92%). It's not a huge change but you can make your hit/haste gems into haste/stam gems. It gives you a little more Stamina in place of some useless Hit. Not huge, but definitely would maximize your stats. Yes still waiting for a damn weapon drop in ToT(beside the sword). Never seen one in 10 mans since the beggining of ToT.

3. Newer information shows that using CS > J > Exo is better than using Exo ahead now. This is mostly because of weapon scaling and the buff to SoL. This will also result in more 4pc procs buffing your TV damage slightly. Awesome Working on the string right now

4. Alchemy. It's a decent bonus profession, but if you're looking to maximize things I would consider switching to Engineering. Being able to macro up synapse springs / execution sentence is very nice. It also has a ton of raid perks. (ill check that. I used alchemy to maximize money with some living steel transmute but now its pointless.)

5. I'm sure you know to delay your ES and try to maximize your AP before you use it. Trinket procs buff the ES damage quite a bit. If you can use it at 10 stacks of feather AND the Spark of Zandalar proc .. it's so nice. Ill make sure to set my clcret aura to watch my proc. Usually i'm using it on cooldown. ill pratice on the dummy

6. I usually use my DPS CDs on CD. I, usually, delay that 2nd GoAK until my 4th AW tho. You're right though, it depends a lot on the fight and if you'll miss any CDs by waiting to use them.

Ill check out my gems also. I tough Mr robot was accurate regarding this.

I changed my glove gems for a 160 haste and exp vs the 320 haste. Im currently working on enginnering..LOL I got 2 other toon with alchemy.
    Last edited by Evolution69; 2013-08-02 at 09:01 PM.

AskMrRobot, while being a fairly nice site, is sometimes inaccurate. They aren't as up to date on the changing information. It's nice to use as a kind of guide, but I wouldn't rely on it 100%. The ElitistJerks forum for Rets and the longer threads here about t15 and t16 stuff will keep you more up to date about the changes. Sometimes just progressing through the tier and getting more gear will change how you gem, enchant and even your rotation. We've seen this this tier with the CS>J>Exo changes and the Expertise/Haste gems giving you a net gain in Mastery. This is why many top-end Rets will advise people to sim their characters for the answers.

As for Execution Sentence: You like to wait for trinket procs, mainly, because it takes a snapshot of your stats when you cast it. So, even if you have 130k AP for 1 sec.. if you get the ES off, you will keep up a 130k AP ES for the whole duration of the spell. Means a big boost to that final burst. Another little thing to note here is that your 2pc-T15 bonus will *fluidly* buff your ES. Meaning you would like to keep up that buff on yourself at least for the latter parts of the spell.. if not the whole thing. The extra 6% Holy damage on a buffed ES is nice. This is fluid because it's a debuff on the mob you're attacking and not a buff to you.

*** Synapse Springs (Engineering) can be macro'd into your ES cast (/use10;/cast Execution Sentence) to give you a buffed ES every time. You can see some pretty high numbers on ES if you line it up well with procs.

Revvo has another thread in this forum dealing with Weak Auras. If you don't use this addon it's pretty nice for tracking and making alerts to things like trinket procs, stacks and inquisition timers, etc. Helped me a lot with ES casts and maximizing DPS.

As for weapons, I know your pain. Took us forever to get our first heroic 2-hander. We went like 6 weeks with doing at least 8/13 bosses on Heroic without a 2-hander dropping. In the last 2 weeks I've gotten 3 heroic 2-handers and 1 was TF. So, your time will come.

The .32% is pretty low chance, but if you figure how many times you melee and special attack in a single fight.. it means you can miss quite a few over that span. It's not a game breaker, but it'll definitely help. I hate missing a HP generator. Frustrating.

AskMrRobot, while being a fairly nice site, is sometimes inaccurate. They aren't as up to date on the changing information. It's nice to use as a kind of guide, but I wouldn't rely on it 100%. The ElitistJerks forum for Rets and the longer threads here about t15 and t16 stuff will keep you more up to date about the changes. Sometimes just progressing through the tier and getting more gear will change how you gem, enchant and even your rotation. We've seen this this tier with the CS>J>Exo changes and the Expertise/Haste gems giving you a net gain in Mastery. This is why many top-end Rets will advise people to sim their characters for the answers.

As for Execution Sentence: You like to wait for trinket procs, mainly, because it takes a snapshot of your stats when you cast it. So, even if you have 130k AP for 1 sec.. if you get the ES off, you will keep up a 130k AP ES for the whole duration of the spell. Means a big boost to that final burst. Another little thing to note here is that your 2pc-T15 bonus will *fluidly* buff your ES. Meaning you would like to keep up that buff on yourself at least for the latter parts of the spell.. if not the whole thing. The extra 6% Holy damage on a buffed ES is nice. This is fluid because it's a debuff on the mob you're attacking and not a buff to you.

*** Synapse Springs (Engineering) can be macro'd into your ES cast (/use10;/cast Execution Sentence) to give you a buffed ES every time. You can see some pretty high numbers on ES if you line it up well with procs.

Revvo has another thread in this forum dealing with Weak Auras. If you don't use this addon it's pretty nice for tracking and making alerts to things like trinket procs, stacks and inquisition timers, etc. Helped me a lot with ES casts and maximizing DPS.

As for weapons, I know your pain. Took us forever to get our first heroic 2-hander. We went like 6 weeks with doing at least 8/13 bosses on Heroic without a 2-hander dropping. In the last 2 weeks I've gotten 3 heroic 2-handers and 1 was TF. So, your time will come.

The .32% is pretty low chance, but if you figure how many times you melee and special attack in a single fight.. it means you can miss quite a few over that span. It's not a game breaker, but it'll definitely help. I hate missing a HP generator. Frustrating.
    Awesome. ill keep track of EE forums. I didnt follow them for a while.
    As for ES increase number with proc I knew it would be great but never paid too much attention.
    Now I will. I must agree my macro is already set to include the synapse srping.

Regarding weak aura, ill take a look. I tough clc could keep track of aura. Ill take a deep look at the options vs Weak Aura.

Thx for the hints/tips.

P.S. Council is finally down, so I hope to see a weapon soon!

I'd be interested in general critiques of my rotation/gear/cd usage - here's a log from last week with a bulk of bosses, as well as this weeks which is sporadic due to swaps.

Last: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pgox30b7kxx7etjt/
    This: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zob9wumzwkw5b5lj/

Gear:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Darot/advanced

THIS IS A LIE !!!

lol 14 Jin'Rokh kills on normal, never seen belt.
    9 Council kills, never seen 2H.

They do not exist for me !!

After a few try on the dummy, Switching to enginnering doesn't seems to have any increase on my dps. It's pretty much the same according to me even while waiting for a 10 stack of feather before popping Synapse & ES. Pretty weird! This is base on a 5 minute fight before my guardian comes back. Waiting 3 minute before each try.

I've also lost a 480 stam buff from flask when I need to tank for my guild when one of our tank is out.

I can't figure why synapse is better than 320 pure str on all attacks. Does simulation show synapse to be +500dps increase or it should be around 5k. I know it sync with ES.... but... I cant figure if it's a hugggggeeee dps increase or we're just talking about a rough +500-1k dps increase. I try to figure the math behind this. 1920str (+ 5% BoK) for 10 sec on 10 attacks maximum. Versus 320str (+5% BoK) on all attacks (roughly 55hits for one minute)
    Last edited by Evolution69; 2013-08-03 at 03:04 AM.

Deleted
    Stacking CDs has always been king. A few try on dummies doesn't mean anything.
    Eng has been proven by math, common sense and practice to be the best profession.

If you play at such a level than you hate loosing benefits for your 2nd spec, then you shouldn't even care changing profession to min-max your first spec should you ?

Synapse is better because it aligns with ES every time, and thus with CDs every time.

I'll give it a shot.

Here's my armory. See Arthalion on Sinstralis. EU Servers (Cant put a real link yet)

I dont have Logs for now. But I think I'm doing good for now. Im usually a 99%+ activity and overall ranked as 1st DPS in my guild in most fights.

I went with a "full haste" (as much as I can) build (sockets and reforge). We are still in the Normal content, so dont look for Heroic gear yet.... Then mastery for better burst during HA/SW.
    Professions: Eng + Forge. IMO the best for Pal Ret actually. (+1920 Str with Exec.Sent and +640 Haste).

Wishlist:
    - Primordius Ring. Never got the 502 or see the 522 drop. I have the 502(510) LFR one from Megaera, but the stats for the +50str are not worth it.
    - JinKun Trinket. Eventually it will drop... Just having the LFR version for now, but using pandashan assault 530. (Regorging cause too much haste lost for now and getting overcap Hit).
    - Any 522 weapon then my own (Lei Shen Axe, Shared Loot 2h Sword (+Crit/Haste, never saw it drop). Will be used when I'll get the JiKun trinket to remove the Hit overcap from my own actual weapon.
    - Still working to get that 600 Cloak. I'm like 1-2 months late from being lazy completing the PvP Quest after being borded of always loosing. (For the Horde!..... not).
    - More haste. Im till having like a 0.5sec downtime that I would like to make disapear. Aiming for a 40%+ build. (Currently at 37%).

Talent used:
    - I always liked more HA over SW. SW is proved to be slightly better in single targent DPS but everytime I try it, my dps isnt as bursty as with HA. HA as also the advantage of being deadly in AoE fights. (mostly on trash since we dont have much AoE Boss fights. but works wonder to clean the Orbs on Lei Shen)...

Rotation Question involving the 4p T15:
    - During my burst with HA/SW, should I priorise Crusader Strike over Exorcism/HoW to get that 40% to have a "Holy" TV? Or should I stick with the normal priority? (Its a double edged sword... no proc = dps loss, fully proc = Destruction).

Crit vs Mastery:
    - At which point does Crit = Mastery?

English being my 2nd language, sorry for any syntax/verb tense/vocabulary mistake

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Stacking CDs has always been king. A few try on dummies doesn't mean anything.
    Eng has been proven by math, common sense and practice to be the best profession.

If you play at such a level than you hate loosing benefits for your 2nd spec, then you shouldn't even care changing profession to min-max your first spec should you ?

Synapse is better because it aligns with ES every time, and thus with CDs every time.
    I agree with you than a few try on dummy doesn't prove anything.
    As for the second spec, no biggies. I just spent 13k to lvl enginnering asap. Ill give it a shot sunday. Thx for the tips. Ill also pay more attention on Mr Robot gemming.
    Last edited by Evolution69; 2013-08-03 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    I'll give it a shot.

Here's my armory. See Arthalion on Sinstralis. EU Servers (Cant put a real link yet)

I dont have Logs for now. But I think I'm doing good for now. Im usually a 99%+ activity and overall ranked as 1st DPS in my guild in most fights.

I went with a "full haste" (as much as I can) build (sockets and reforge). We are still in the Normal content, so dont look for Heroic gear yet.... Then mastery for better burst during HA/SW.
    Professions: Eng + Forge. IMO the best for Pal Ret actually. (+1920 Str with Exec.Sent and +640 Haste).

Wishlist:
    - Primordius Ring. Never got the 502 or see the 522 drop. I have the 502(510) LFR one from Megaera, but the stats for the +50str are not worth it.
    - JinKun Trinket. Eventually it will drop... Just having the LFR version for now, but using pandashan assault 530. (Regorging cause too much haste lost for now and getting overcap Hit).
    - Any 522 weapon then my own (Lei Shen Axe, Shared Loot 2h Sword (+Crit/Haste, never saw it drop). Will be used when I'll get the JiKun trinket to remove the Hit overcap from my own actual weapon.
    - Still working to get that 600 Cloak. I'm like 1-2 months late from being lazy completing the PvP Quest after being borded of always loosing. (For the Horde!..... not).
    - More haste. Im till having like a 0.5sec downtime that I would like to make disapear. Aiming for a 40%+ build. (Currently at 37%).

Talent used:
    - I always liked more HA over SW. SW is proved to be slightly better in single targent DPS but everytime I try it, my dps isnt as bursty as with HA. HA as also the advantage of being deadly in AoE fights. (mostly on trash since we dont have much AoE Boss fights. but works wonder to clean the Orbs on Lei Shen)...

Rotation Question involving the 4p T15:
    - During my burst with HA/SW, should I priorise Crusader Strike over Exorcism/HoW to get that 40% to have a "Holy" TV? Or should I stick with the normal priority? (Its a double edged sword... no proc = dps loss, fully proc = Destruction).

Crit vs Mastery:
    - At which point does Crit = Mastery?

English being my 2nd language, sorry for any syntax/verb tense/vocabulary mistake
    1. I haven't checked the math, but it's pretty close to being worth matching the socket bonuses even for the +120 Critical Strike. You definitely want to match socket bonuses for the Mastery bonus (ie, boots). You can match these with a str/haste or exp/haste gem. If you can reforge that Expertise away somewhere and get more Mastery or Haste out of it, it's definitely worth using the exp/haste gems. You could sim this to make sure it's a net gain for you in the end.

2. I'm also fairly sure that even using the LFR version of Ji-Kun's Trinket is better than using the Shado-Pan trinket. You can look in the other thread about T15 information and verify this, but even without using the Hit rating on the trinket it's a very nice boost. Having it proc and give you like 100k AP at 10 stacks is very nice. You can cast your buffed ES at that point. It's not a mind-blowing amount of dps difference at the LFR level, so as you say, you could probably wait until the normal trinket drops. I know I used the LFR Ji-Kun trinket for quite awhile though. Don't worry about going too far over the Hit cap, it's going to happen. You will eventually start using haste/stam gems instead of the haste/hit gems to negate all the extra hit.

3. The trick with SW that some of my guildies didn't get was that you have to pop AW with GoAK. They're the same duration when you use that talent. Therefore, you should be popping them at the same time. You can also macro in the first HoW cast with your AW. So, you get that first HoW off super quick. Every other spell should be a HoW while SW is active. You can fish for 4pc procs to make your TVs super powered or you can use Exorcism a little ahead and keep up that 2pc bonus to buff your HoW damage. Exo is a little more consistent damage but the 4pc procs, if you're lucky, will give you a nice bonus in DPS.

4. I'm not sure if everyone has been keeping up on the changes, but we should be prioritizing CS over Exo at this point in the tier. With the changes to SoL and weapon scaling the new priority looks like CS > J > Exo now.

5. I'm fairly sure that Crit will not = Mastery at all in this expansion. Mastery gets better and better as the tier goes on. It doesn't overtake haste, but it definitely gets better. Not enough to change it's priority though, it'll still be Haste > Mastery > Crit, but the difference between Haste and Mastery is smaller.

Hello fellas , i was wondering if you could help me out here , my main spec is Holy , but lately i been asking to dps since we been short on ppl showing up and with that in mind i want to bring the best of my dps , any help will be awesome! please let me know if im doing something wrong in any aspect. currently we are working on heroics.

my armory :
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aintusk/simple

my log from horridon and other bosses:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4349&e=4885

I've only been playing a bit of ret since I got the new weapon and 4piece a week or two ago, and I've been wondering how to play the cooldown phase with Sanctified Wrath and the T15 4p. Obviously TV does ridiculous amounts of damage with AW and the T15 4p active, but how would I weave in Crusader Strikes to proc it when I can basically chain HoW and Exo to generate holy power? Is it even worth fishing for T15 procs during AW? I feel like I'm dropping a lot of damage while AW is active.

This is my ret gear. Excuse the stamina enchants on the cloak and chest, I use those pieces for my protection main-spec too.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...etzie/advanced

Tortos heroic:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ee...?s=6395&e=6808

Megaera heroic (I died partway through because I was an idiot):
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ee...?s=8448&e=8904

Durumu attempts:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ee...ses&boss=68036

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I feel I could be doing a lot more damage than I currently do.