Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Moar changes, please stop it!
    Seriously, this feels like a minor overhaul
    Which is a good thing, every raid I feel like my performance is a guy with a hammer playing whack-a-proc. Completely random, rng is a bigger determining factor in dps than actual play. Bring the changes!
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Which is a good thing, every raid I feel like my performance is a guy with a hammer playing whack-a-proc. Completely random, rng is a bigger determining factor in dps than actual play. Bring the changes!
    the changes they're bringing are just making them more rng... and making them NOT proc on the pull as well... so now we have shitty pulls AND more rng.. woohoo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    the changes they're bringing are just making them more rng... and making them NOT proc on the pull as well... so now we have shitty pulls AND more rng.. woohoo
    Maybe the solution to that is to not rely on retarded mechanics to do damage. If you insist on playing with UVLS then your gna get tightened by RNG, it was far far to generous this tier, 2 trinket slots should not have the effect on damage that they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    They are not actually doing any good changes though.
    RPPM sucks balls and should be removed, but instead of doing all this gamebreaking tweaking before the last tier, they should just see MOP out to the end and then after that never put in RPPM trinkets again.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...39515002687488
    (I should add that UVLS and Wild Imps felt like an exploit more than a cool mechanic.)
    Well at least now we know what is GC's position on Demo-UVLS
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-08-03 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...39515002687488

Well at least now we know what is GC's position on Demo-UVLS
    Yea we also know he says mages dont scale as well as we thought, then he says mages and warlocks damage is too high, so meh the guy is clearly idiotic and cant stick to one thought process for more than a few days....

Its like hes the US congress put into 1 persons body " NO ITS THIS WAY! NO ITS THAT WAY! JUST KIDDING ITS THIS WAY! NOPE JK AGAIN ITS THAT WAY! IM GHOSTCRAWLER! I SHOULDA STAYED AT THE AQUARIUM STUDYING DOLPHINS WITH MY MAJOR IN MARINE BIOLOGY INSTEAD ILL DEVELOP A GAME WOOO! " - Ghostcrawler 2013

The rppm trinkets are shit and need to get the axe, there was never anything wrong with the ICD trinkets to begin with, all they've done is made dps scale wildly out of control based on RNG and its ridiculous.

Deleted
    Felt like a cool mechanic to me... But it was obviously not sustainable with new trinket coming out. Also the ER glyph doesn't look weak to me at all, I think it will be a very real option on most fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Maybe the solution to that is to not rely on retarded mechanics to do damage. If you insist on playing with UVLS then your gna get tightened by RNG, it was far far to generous this tier, 2 trinket slots should not have the effect on damage that they do.
    Just fyi, with the current system you cant NOT rely on "retarded mechanics to do damage". You do realize I was agreeing that RPPM trinkets are a bad thing right? Like i dont see why it feels like youre attempting to "yell"/"attack" me even though our viewpoints agree with one another...

Deleted
    Well, with the new changes trinkets will have a far smaller impact. 105s ICD or ~0,5 RPPM with no haste scaling will give far lower uptime, think 17% instead of 27%.

Not a bad change IMO if it's balanced properly, but this could also be a major blow to affliction. We rely like no other spec on lining up procs and having our dots supercharged, which will be far less powerful with lesser trinkets.

Clearly RPPM is even more retarded this way, having a more powerful (in the case of stacking int) proc at the price of being completely random. That could easily turn the DPS check bosses into trinket proc luck checks... Honestly I was not unhappy with RPPM before like almost everyone was, but now I can't imagine anyone liking it.

I guess that makes the kill count 3/3 for nerfing our specs to the ground

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Just fyi, with the current system you cant NOT rely on "retarded mechanics to do damage". You do realize I was agreeing that RPPM trinkets are a bad thing right? Like i dont see why it feels like youre attempting to "yell"/"attack" me even though our viewpoints agree with one another...
    Im not attacking you at all, i just hate that demo clearly abuses something that isint intended and yet a majority of the demo crowd would prefer it to stay because it can give the highest theoretical damage output (which isint really a surprise if you can bypass 1 stat fully and still get the benefit from it).

Your potential dps will always be lower without UVLS but in place of that you get more balanced damage which is what every spec in the game needs.
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-08-03 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not attacking you at all, i just hate that demo clearly abuses something that isint intended and yet a majority of the demo crowd would prefer it to stay because it can give the highest theoretical damage output (which isint really a surprise if you can bypass 1 stat fully and still get the benefit from it).

Your potential dps will always be lower without UVLS but in place of that you get more balanced damage which is what every spec in the game needs.
    That has literally zero to do with anything i was talking about....... what?

Im not attacking you at all, i just hate that demo clearly abuses something that isint intended and yet a majority of the demo crowd would prefer it to stay because it can give the highest theoretical damage output (which isint really a surprise if you can bypass 1 stat fully).

Seriously? Not intended. They had every chance to change how the trinket works, as Fearsom and I (and probably many others) were "abusing" it from Day 1 on the PTR. Affliction Soul Swap bug was "not intended", then fixed ASAP. This was an oversight. Please choose your words more carefully.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

if they made doom ticks summon the imps not doom crit would not have all demo locks going for UVLS we would not have to relay on a shit trinket to keep are dps up

Deleted
    Seriously? Not intended. They had every chance to change how the trinket works, as Fearsom and I (and probably many others) were "abusing" it from Day 1 on the PTR. Affliction Soul Swap bug was "not intended", then fixed ASAP. This was an oversight. Please choose your words more carefully.
    Yet GC just called it an exploit :/

Sure, 6 months after it came out. Kinda dumb to let something go through an entire tier and then call it an exploit.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, he didnt call it an exploit, he said the effects of it FELT like an exploit... there is a difference. The trinket provides a very large gain for demo locks versus other classes and that is why it FEELS like an exploit even though it isnt...

IRREGARDLESS RPPM trinkets are frustrating beyond words, they cause an extremely large variance in dps based on rng ( which makes balancing hard ). I see no reason NOT to go back to the old ICD based procs where the gain of trinkets were consistent and everyclass could easily be balanced around instead of trying to balance around people getting 35-60% uptime on trinkets.... its absurd.

Deleted
    Seen as it gives a much larger gain in dps over any other trinket combo then yes im going with not intended.

Demo is doing more damage than it was intended to do in t15 due to playing that way, it just isint big enough to merit changing the way demo or the trinket functions.

The impact it had at 522 item level is the reason why it wasnt changed when SS was changed i think.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coupes View Post
    if they made doom ticks summon the imps not doom crit would not have all demo locks going for UVLS we would not have to relay on a shit trinket to keep are dps up
    That would be wayyy too overpowered. I'm thinking maybe create a set bonus which has a similar proc to that of UVLS, for example:

*Your Doom ticks have a 40% increased chance to crit* or something like that.

I don't believe the trinket can be considered an exploit simply because it increases the damage by such an insane portion - an exploit is something which is unfair and abuses the intended game mechanics. I'm sure SOMEONE behind the creation of that item thought over what it would do for Demo, and therefore, it cannot be considered an exploit.

or just have there up time lower that way more even dps