Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Im thinking Demo with a very high crit build + the 2 ICD trinkets might be a good set up for 5.4. Seeing as the changes to RPPM trinkets are pretty shit for 5.4
    Funny you say this, was actually just thinking the exact same thing yesterday. The only problem I see with that is the gear (most) 545+ Locks have now isn't really itemized for a high crit build since we've more or less been avoiding all crit gear since UVLS.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Funny you say this, was actually just thinking the exact same thing yesterday. The only problem I see with that is the gear (most) 545+ Locks have now isn't really itemized for a high crit build since we've more or less been avoiding all crit gear since UVLS.
    Even with my 547 Mastery/Haste gear I can still get to about 40% crit if I just pick up a Cha Ye's, and reforge. That said, I'm not sure how good 40% will be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    no worries, the gear in 5.4 are littered with crit with a few pieces of haste/mastery, if you gem and reforge crit youl should quite easily be able to reach a passable amount of crit, atleast enough to be able to regurlarly summon a wild imp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...39515002687488

Well at least now we know what is GC's position on Demo-UVLS
    I'm fairly certain the devs couldn't be that oblivious to our mechanics ... I want to believe they're just panicking because they realized if they don't clip the trinkets wings it will be BiS forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Sure, 6 months after it came out. Kinda dumb to let something go through an entire tier and then call it an exploit.
    Ikr, ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Actually, he didnt call it an exploit, he said the effects of it FELT like an exploit... there is a difference. The trinket provides a very large gain for demo locks versus other classes and that is why it FEELS like an exploit even though it isnt...

IRREGARDLESS RPPM trinkets are frustrating beyond words, they cause an extremely large variance in dps based on rng ( which makes balancing hard ). I see no reason NOT to go back to the old ICD based procs where the gain of trinkets were consistent and everyclass could easily be balanced around instead of trying to balance around people getting 35-60% uptime on trinkets.... its absurd.
    Let's not even get into semantics, the fundamental response is exactly the same. Basically he said it felt like warlocks abused it which clearly isn't the case. There are lot's of trinkets and always have been that provide a significant gain for some classes over others, and there always will be.

And yeah, no one (or practically no one) supports rppm but it looks like they're sticking to their guns. On progression it was a little wacky but in near BiS gear levels I think it's really gotten a lot more stable. Obviously there are a few fights where luck makes a world of difference though ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    On progression it was a little wacky but in near BiS gear levels I think it's really gotten a lot more stable.
    True, but the new trinkets have quite low RPPM (0,46 and 0,51) as well as not scaling off haste. That's more random than RPPM has ever been, and getting next tier BiS will not change a thing about that.

With UVLS they made an unusual proc and it created unusual consequences. Personally I appreciate unique trinkets, I think they should be more than a stat stick. I agree that it would feel wrong to have UVLS being BiS for all next tier, I'm hoping that's what that tweet meant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    True, but the new trinkets have quite low RPPM (0,46 and 0,51) as well as not scaling off haste. That's more random than RPPM has ever been, and getting next tier BiS will not change a thing about that.

With UVLS they made an unusual proc and it created unusual consequences. Personally I appreciate unique trinkets, I think they should be more than a stat stick. I agree that it would feel wrong to have UVLS being BiS for all next tier, I'm hoping that's what that tweet meant
    Yeah, next tier absolutely.

I still think the easiest solution to making UVLS under valued next tier would be to make a trinket that had a chance to grant 100% crit strike chance for 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I still think the easiest solution to making UVLS under valued next tier would be to make a trinket that had a chance to grant 100% crit strike chance for 5 seconds.
    I think a set bonus that sacrificed our ability to spawn imps from Doom but super-buffed some other aspect of our rotation would be kinda neat. (But has it's own problems)

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I think a set bonus that sacrificed our ability to spawn imps from Doom but super-buffed some other aspect of our rotation would be kinda neat. (But has it's own problems)
    Or a glyph. It could work like GoSac except it sacs our imps for increased damage to ToC, SB, SF, and our other pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posting my 5.4 heroic non-TF bis list ( didnt feel like wowheading every item to get its stat values for TF ), for affliction next tier, figured some people might find it interesting.

Things to remember:

1) This is PTR values, they could change
    2) I did as good with reforging hit as I could, my brain started to fry a bit towards the end so yolo.
    3) I was aiming for the 13.7k haste breakpoint, then full mastery.
    4) This is a very VERY early analysis of the gear available to us in SoO things can change
    5) My brain hurts dont be mean

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2eXVVRVE#gid=0
    Last edited by Cebel; 2013-08-04 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    Posting my 5.4 heroic non-TF bis list ( didnt feel like wowheading every item to get its stat values for TF ), for affliction next tier, figured some people might find it interesting.
    I wanted to do that yesterday to see how much Mastery we could stack for the Destro-GoSac spec, but Wowhead's profiler doesn't have the PTR gear for now and I'm not as much motivated as you

PS: Too bad this is Haste/Crit, I would have loved to wear this item
    Hellscream's Tome of Destruction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I wanted to do that yesterday to see how much Mastery we could stack for the Destro-GoSac spec, but Wowhead's profiler doesn't have the PTR gear for now and I'm not as much motivated as you

PS: Too bad this is Haste/Crit, I would have loved to wear this item
    Hellscream's Tome of Destruction
    If those ilvls are correct, we will likely use the BoA staff tbqh.

Sadly, if there are non tier Helm/Gloves with the same stats they will probably be better in the long run (thinking about TF'd stats), since Aff 2P isn't all that stellar. Back to back no-tier builds is for win?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Sadly, if there are non tier Helm/Gloves with the same stats they will probably be better in the long run (thinking about TF'd stats), since Aff 2P isn't all that stellar. Back to back no-tier builds is for win?
    The 2pc is actually pretty strong, its the 4pc that is awful. Not to mention my bis list doesnt include TF gear ( although the list should remain exactly as is with TF gear as well ).

Also make Harvest Life back into an AOE spell - stop with the crappy changes to us locks. So far 9/10 lock changes so far suck
    We found hardly anyone was using Harvest Life. That's not always the only concern, but we didn't think it was salvageable.

Gee GC, how many people were using it BEFORE the damage was nerfed to hell in 5.2?

The 2pc is actually pretty strong, its the 4pc that is awful. Not to mention my bis list doesnt include TF gear ( although the list should remain exactly as is with TF gear as well ).
    You aren't really going to be MGing as often as you're hoping to for it to be worthwhile. So far on PTR MG is really really really really low. I guess we'll see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    You aren't really going to be MGing as often as you're hoping to for it to be worthwhile. So far on PTR MG is really really really really low. I guess we'll see.
    idd, i think that in itself, when exclude the dmg from bonus ticks that it does less dmg than harvest life/drain life. you will however have a very high uptime on it, the 4pc might not be strong but it is still very nice for afflic when you consider it will increase the uptime of haunt.

MG itself is extremely weak now but the bonus damage still gets buffed by the 2pc iirc so it's probably still worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    MG itself is extremely weak now but the bonus damage still gets buffed by the 2pc iirc so it's probably still worth it.
    well the dots got buffed so it kinda just cancels out the effect so to speak. ( yes i know its still weaker than before )

however i wouldnt be surprised if they adjust its values or change it altogether before the patch hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the dots got buffed so it kinda just cancels out the effect so to speak. ( yes i know its still weaker than before )

however i wouldnt be surprised if they adjust its values or change it altogether before the patch hits.
    I doubt they'll buff it but who knows ... they're all over the map with changes