Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Gilneas for Alliance, Blackrock Mountain for the Horde?

I know a lot of Allys feel very passionate about the prospect of reclaiming Gilneas. If that were to happen and the Alliance gains a capital city, would my fellow Horde be cool with us getting Blackrock Mountain?

Blackrock Mountain was the headquarters for the Horde during the second war and the Blackrock Clan still has a sizable presence there. Blizz could re-acclimate the Blackrocks in to the Horde in a similar way they did with the Dragonmaw. Have an uprising from within against the Fel leaders of the clan, have the Horde come in and dispose of the old guard and establish a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Vensu24 View Post
    I know a lot of Allys feel very passionate about the prospect of reclaiming Gilneas. If that were to happen and the Alliance gains a capital city, would my fellow Horde be cool with us getting Blackrock Mountain?

Blackrock Mountain was the headquarters for the Horde during the second war and the Blackrock Clan still has a sizable presence there. Blizz could re-acclimate the Blackrocks in to the Horde in a similar way they did with the Dragonmaw. Have an uprising from within against the Fel leaders of the clan, have the Horde come in and dispose of the old guard and establish a city.
    Horde doesn't need anything. Goblins got a capital city. We got a tree. Were owed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Were owed it.
    Typical Alliance. No matter what they do for you it's not enough.

Bilgewater harbor is city but not a capital one, at least not right now. They can expand it into one if they want to keep a balance of cities between the two continents.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    To be fair, Blizzard doesn't really do much for the Alliance in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure take the mountain lol. It would be even better if they forced Gilneas into being the hotspot city

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blackrock Mountain is the home of the Dark Iron Dwarves. I don't think they are leaving any time soon. I also don't think Ironforge wants more of them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vensu24 View Post
    Bilgewater harbor is city but not a capital one, at least not right now. They can expand it into one if they want to keep a balance of cities between the two continents.
    That will happen when Alliance get back Gnomeregan. Two techno-cities, one for each faction.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    You're kidding right? You get bilgewater harbor, an awesome city. But our city is just gone. Gtfo. If you think that's equal I can't talk to you.

A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackrock mountain for the horde would be friggin awesome... it's like ironforge.... but horde!

I don't see the benefits of either side getting either of those tbh.

taking blackrock mountain would mean killing a lot of dark irons and blackrock orcs. after the way the dragonmaw have fully embraced garrosh and his stupidity, i don't think the horde will be so trusting of the ash skinned orcs anymore. seems like a lot more trouble than it's worth. sure, the horde would have a lock down on mithril production, but they would be setting on a volcano, they would have to fight a war to take it, and it's between two of the strongest, if not the strongest, cities of the alliance. it's not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    You're kidding right? You get bilgewater harbor, an awesome city. But our city is just gone. Gtfo. If you think that's equal I can't talk to you.
    Its as much of a city as Theramore....oh too soon?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I never understood why the Worgen don't just settle in Stormwind. They are more or less human no?

Having their QM at Darnassus is kind of weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Its as much of a city as Theramore....oh too soon?
    I'd make a comeback, but alliance doesn't have anything I can brag about over horde.

Having a Horde capital sitting right between Ironforge and Stormwind is just too problematic. You also have the remaining non-Alliance Dark Irons there, and they'd be just as likely as the Blackrock Orcs to be brought back into the fold as an opposite. Perhaps a PvP area, but not a capital.

Also, after Malkorok and his bullshit, I don't think any of the post-revolution Horde is going to be in a rush to do some Blackrock diplomacy. Even the Dragonmaw turned out badly in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually gobs didnt get a city, they got an oil park in org. Azshara was made into a 10-20 zone, and lost their city. What Gobs have in azshara, is what worgs have in Blasted lands, Surwich. Dont get me wrong, its not as "great" simply a quest hub. Now, that, I do think that worgens should have a larger place, and more than a stupid tree, maybe a the rebuilt park the worgen district.

But if you want to compare city to city, Goblins lost their city completely on Kezan, but you can go and rpg in gilneas.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Actually gobs didnt get a city, they got an oil park in org. Azshara was made into a 10-20 zone, and lost their city. What Gobs have in azshara, is what worgs have in Blasted lands, Surwich. Dont get me wrong, its not as "great" simply a quest hub. Now, that, I do think that worgens should have a larger place, and more than a stupid tree, maybe a the rebuilt park the worgen district.

But if you want to compare city to city, Goblins lost their city completely on Kezan, but you can go and rpg in gilneas.
    I think the biggest issue with the Worgen town compared to the Goblin one is the locale. The Goblin one is right next to Orgrimmar and they terraformed the entire zone to boot. As for the Worgen.. Blasted Lands? Really? It's hard to find a zone to care less about.

Blackrock mountain is one of the coolest locations in WoW. shit, having that whole thing in horde hands would be tits. and yes I think the Worgen should get their starting zone back. loved leveling through there, it has a great vibe to it that I want to have a reason to park my alliance toon there. but hell I'd like the other capital cities to have everything Org/SW have. and actually make Bilgewater harbor a full blown city, not just a hub, why they didn't when it pretty much is, is weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Having a Horde capital sitting right between Ironforge and Stormwind is just too problematic. You also have the remaining non-Alliance Dark Irons there, and they'd be just as likely as the Blackrock Orcs to be brought back into the fold as an opposite. Perhaps a PvP area, but not a capital.

Also, after Malkorok and his bullshit, I don't think any of the post-revolution Horde is going to be in a rush to do some Blackrock diplomacy. Even the Dragonmaw turned out badly in that regard.
    Honestly, I think it would make more since if Blizzard did the opposite and gave the Alliance Blackrock Mountain and the Horde Gilneas. Sylvanas has been working on Gilneas since Cataclysm and it would be no surprise if she were to finally take it over. On the flip side, the Dark Iron dwarves are now part of the Alliance and Varian is softening up to Moira. I can easily see them making a campaign to regain their capital and taking over the mountain.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    Blackrock mountain is one of the coolest locations in WoW. shit, having that whole thing in horde hands would be tits. and yes I think the Worgen should get their starting zone back. loved leveling through there, it has a great vibe to it that I want to have a reason to park my alliance toon there. but hell I'd like the other capital cities to have everything Org/SW have. and actually make Bilgewater harbor a full blown city, not just a hub, why they didn't when it pretty much is, is weird to me.
    Seriously, why would anyone want to live at Gilneas?

Firstly, that place is bombed to hell with plague. Secondly, most of it is underwater now thanks to Deathwing. Thirdly, the Forsaken are right next door!

As to where to put the Worgen ... beats me. Stormwind should just absorb them.