Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

[Completed] The Celestial Tournament

After 20+ hours of desperate attempts and 100+ dead pets I was finally able to complete the Celestial Tournament. This quest is insanely hard but the rewards from it are well worth the effort.

Here is how to beat the 4 Celestial Pets along with Lil' Oondasta. The Celestial Tournament consists of total 7 fights ( 3 legendary pet teams and 4 legendary elite boss solo pets ). The pet tamers are fairly easy so I'm only going to explain the celestial pet fights. The tournament is a solo scenario weekly quest. However, you can fight Lil' Oondasta every day just outside the arena.

Yu'la, Broodling of Yu'lon

Team:
    ●Dandelion Frolicker
    ●Dandelion Frolicker
    ●Bonkers

Explanation:
    You need fast pets with strong humanoid attacks. Pets with interrupts ( Kick ) such as Dandelion do very well but mine weren't able to beat her. Her first ability is her shield so make sure you damage her before she puts it up. After that spam your interrupt and dodge abilities as much as possible. She no longer has Life Exchange - She now uses Lift-Off which makes her fairly easy although it does a lot of damage.

Chi-Chi, Hatchling of Chi-Ji

Team:
    ●Shimmering Wyrmling
    ●Spectral Porcupette
    ●Spectral Porcupette

Explanation:
    Chi-Chi now starts with Tranquility, followed up by Quills and only after that does she use her Ethereal. I started off by using Feedback followed up by Deflect and afterwards I use my Amplify Magic. After your Wyrmling dies, switch to one of the Porcupettes and time your Spectral Spikes which wins you the fight. Afterwards you just need to spam Powerball while Spectral Spine and Spikes ore on cooldown.

Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen

Team:
    ●Darkmoon Zeppelin
    ●Darkmoon Zeppelin
    ●Darkmoon Tonk

Explanation:
    I used the Darkmoon Zeppelins for 2 specific reasons. Their Explode ability which deals a very nice amount of damage and more importantly their block ability. All you need to do is use Block when Xu-Fu drops to ~70% hp to block his Feed. The rest is just dealing as much damage as possible.

Zao, Calfling of Nuizao

Team:
    ●Sunreaver Micro-Sentry
    ●Zandalari Anklerender
    ●Zandalari Anklerender

Explanation:
    Nothing special about this fight. Open with Fel Immolate followed up by Call Lightning. Spam Fel Immolate until your Micro-Sentry dies ( Not more than 1 turn after using Call Lightning ). After that victory becomes simple. Switch to one of the Zandalari Anklerenders, use Black Claw and proceed with Hunting Party which is supposed to end the battle. You won't even need to use your third pet.

Lil' Oondasta

Team:
    ●Sunreaver Micro-Sentry
    ●Zandalari Anklerender
    ●Zandalari Anklerender

Explanation:
    This fight is a little bit different than Zao. You open with Call Lightning. Right after that your pet get's switched to one of the Zandalari Anklerenders for free because of Oondasta's ability. Proceed with Black Claw and then Hunting Party. If Oondasta is still alive after that and your raptor dies, just use your second one.

UPDATE: Added Lil' Oondasta fight to the guide and updated the other 4 fights' explanations and team compositions.

I hope this was helpful and wish everyone good luck!
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2013-08-20 at 10:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To think that so much devs time actually go into this nonsense is just ... well imho it's just wrong. Not to be hater or anything, but I don't see the Warcraft in this and it is really sad for me to see this being given so much attention rather then blizz focusing on entirely different and much more important areas.

On topic, I guess this will be a very useful guide for some players out there and I respect that but seriously, this has no business being in the game. HearthStone as a mini-game would be in my eyes much more fitting to the theme than this, it's really just a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    To think that so much devs time actually go into this nonsense is just ... well imho it's just wrong. Not to be hater or anything, but I don't see the Warcraft in this and it is really sad for me to see this being given so much attention rather then blizz focusing on entirely different and much more important areas.

On topic, I guess this will be a very useful guide for some players out there and I respect that but seriously, this has no business being in the game. HearthStone as a mini-game would be in my eyes much more fitting to the theme than this, it's really just a shame.
    Agreed, blizzard should give the people who like this more master pet tamers to battle and just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    but I don't see the Warcraft in this.
    I don't either but I always see the "WOW" in it

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Agreed, blizzard should give the people who like this more master pet tamers to battle and just leave it at that.
    The UI team handles Pet Battles, and a lot of people enjoy them.

You two aren't the majority.

Thanks for voicing your opinions, though.

On topic: I should get around to leveling my pets. I've been a lazy PoS since Mists started.

This tournament sounds awesome though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much for sharing and putting so much time and effort, I can't say that I have a high amount of max level pets because leveling is rather time consuming. Soooo am off to the ah to grab some I can definitely buy, such as the darkmoon ones

Deleted
    Thank you very much!

And well... I enjoy pet battles and raiding, so I'm glad blizzard is providing quality content for those things I enjoy.

thanks a lot, but I'll have to wait for a guide that don't involve Murkimus, Grell and the Spectral Tiger Cub

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    thanks a lot, but I'll have to wait for a guide that don't involve Murkimus, Grell and the Spectral Tiger Cub

yeah, that too. Could this be done without TCG/Blizzcon pets?

So glad there are positive responses already

Well yes it can be done. You just need to calculate and think over a lot of things. Since you can't heal there it's best to have several strategies in mind and don't waste your strong pets on the pet tamers. You can substitute Murkimus with any average humanoid that either had nice speed, nice damage or some dodge ability. To sub the Grell you will need something more than an average pet. If you can get your hands on Dandylion Frolickers that would be good. The Tiger Cub was quite unnecessary for me. As I said I beated Chi-Chi with only 2 pets. But you will definetely need the Spectral Porcupette. I tried with Chrominius nuke but....the damage limit ( 35% of max hp ) is nasty.

10+ Year Old Account
    keep up the good work battling the forces of pets
    Hi

Update: Added screenshot of my Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen in action

Did I forget to mention...I also have Yu'la, Broodling of Yu'lon and Zao, Calfling of Niuzao? Got them out of nowhere ( Some PTR thingy ). All I need is Chi-Chi to get the Celestial Family achievement. Sadly it's gonna take me 3 weeks to get it....
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2013-08-05 at 12:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    yeah, that too. Could this be done without TCG/Blizzcon pets?
    Ofc it can, there's other pets with almost the same abilities as those premium pets, and i'd wager the OP just chose those because they are his/her favourites. Just select a pet from the same type and with the same kind of attacks and you should be set.

Awesome, looking forward to it, altough not going to get TCG pets.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'm gonna get some proper use out of my Qiraji Speedling.
    And yaaaay, mini-Xuen. Was hoping for the little bugger to become a battlepet when I first saw Xuen's litter surrounding his temple.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Awesome write up, thanks!

Deleted
    I think I'm missing something - there is a tournament for pet battles?!?

Deleted
    Nice guide, m8.
    Got some ideas for few changes, but will share them after trying!

Quote Originally Posted by Denkai View Post
    I think I'm missing something - there is a tournament for pet battles?!?
    It's being added on the new island in 5.4.

Woot I'm glad people like this. As to the pets I used - these are just the ones I had. As you know most of my pets died there so I didn't have much of a choice.

There are several pets that you should get as many of as possible because they can be useful in any of the fights:

Anubisath Idol
    Chrominius ( for the Flying pet tamer pets. )
    Nether Faerie Dragon/Sprite Darter Hatchling/Soul Trader ( for the Life Exchange )
    Lot's of humanoids, mechanicals along with magic family pets overall.
    Any kind of dragonkins ( good vs all those magic and flying pets )