Page 1 of 3
LastLast

HUGE overnight nerfs suck

◾All enemies in Throne of Thunder now have a debuff called Shado-Pan Onslaught, which reduces their health and damage by 20%.

I dislike the huge overnight nerf. 20% nerf to tot in one chunk.

why not follow suit to some of the past teirs like ds, icc, with a more gradual over time nerfs with small 5% incriments .?

I don't plan to do tot once patch hits, but I still dislike this as a continuing nerfing philosophy..

this is a bigger nerf then last tier resived and don't care enough to talk about the amount,.. but just dislike the implementation of the way they've nerfed these tiers..

I did appreshate the more subtle target nerfs they did this tier,. that was alright
    I rather tank in hell then dps in heaven

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those are Patch Notes for Patch 5.4 (Siege of Orgrimmar) and are not currently live.

This will only be added in 5.4 (Correct me if im wrong). But they did the same to t14 content when ToT was released. I don't se any real issue with this since there will be a new content out and old one should only be used as an gear up process.

but this isnt the right forum for this, if you want to make a serious complaint then use blizzards forum.. i agree with you but no blizzard staff aint gona read this post..

@OP, why do they suck? Unless Blizzard was amazing and released a new raid every 2-4 weeks, if a new raid comes out and you haven't cleared the previous, the nerfs are not only for you, but needed by you as well.

Note: When I say "you", I'm not specifically referring to YOU, the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been done every tier since ICC (someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong) and it enables people that are behind, coming back from a break, or new to the game to catch up to current content. Believe it or not, it's a GOOD thing.

You said yourself it doesn't affect you, so why are you even commenting on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexor View Post

why not follow suit to some of the past teirs like ds, icc, with a more gradual over time nerfs with small 5% incriments .?
    They replaced those small 5% nerfs with item upgrades. 8 ilvl's over an entire raid pretty much equates itself to a 20% nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering they are nerfing the shit out of veng and RPPM with 5.4 this nerf is actually pretty appropriate, the nerfs to RPPM are enormous for classes that stack haste to cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Given that it won't be live until there's a new raid tier out, I don't think it's that big a deal. It lets people quickly finish up anything outstanding in ToT before jumping into SoO.

because the loot will become worthless anyway, 528 from lfr? 540 from flex soo......so 522/535 loot is a joke and content must be as jokingly hard as the loot it drops.

Another exaggerrated complaint without substance. Once 5.4 hits, ToT loot is worthless anyway, these kind of nerfs are a great motivation for people who didn´t succeed earlier and keep people motivated. While 4 steps a 5% might be a smoother learning curve, the general direction is absolutely legitimate and right. At this point, noone cares about the achievements in ToT anymore anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    They replaced those small 5% nerfs with item upgrades. 8 ilvl's over an entire raid pretty much equates itself to a 20% nerf.
    Wow, your math is flawless...

Either way, I disagree with the OP.

Deleted
    another thread of the "i have to complain about something or i will die in 5 seconds" way.
    your examples are poor, ds and icc were end xpac raids meant to stay longer then a mid xpac raid like tot.
    blizz did the same with hof mgv and toes when tot was released because that's what happens when a raid is not relevant content anymore, wanna cry about something? well at least use some reasoning before writing; there are a lot of reasons to whine about wow nowadays, just choose a proper one.

Deleted
    I do kind of get what your saying.

The nerfs they did in the middle of firelands where terrible, they should never ever do that again.

But that was mid tier, come 5.4 no one will care so I have zero issues with them doing it.

I think my tone may have been misread,.. not really crying all that much about it.,, just saying I dislike it and prefer the gradual incriments over the huge chunk over night nerf,..

firelands was a great exsample.. but good points on the diffrences.. I can see the diffrences of this not hitting till soo hits. but even so, I stil prefer a gradual smoothed nerfing over this way.

after reading these comments I think most thought I was extremely complaining.. I was mildly complaining,.. and after reading the comments , I must admit im even less concern.. I am just conserned after what they did in firelands I was hoping they didn't return to that type of nerfing philosophy,.. but I can see the difference of waiting till new content before carpet bombing the place with a huge overnight nerf..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    good point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    You said yourself it doesn't affect you, so why are you even commenting on it?
    I don't think something has to negatively impact me to make a coment on it,.. so long as I feel it impacts someone badly would be good enough reason,.. mistakenly or not.
    I rather tank in hell then dps in heaven

It doesn't really matter if they nerf it with 1% or 100%. If the next patch's lfr offers higher gear then the current tier heroics then ToT becomes redundant.

10+ Year Old Account
    just making it easier to farm on off nights for trinkets or something else that might be still ALRIGHT for entry level SoO

no issues with it. its the start of a new tier. make the old tier easier & less of a heart ache. its actually a good move.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    This has been done every tier since ICC (someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong)
    They haven't nerfed T11 HM, only T11 NM. Imo, it was the best decision ever.

As far as NM is concerned, I think that ~15% is about a good number, so 10% for T14 and 20% for T15? Ok, I'm fine with it.
    But why the hell would they nerf HM content?
    Sinestra 10HM was still fun to attempt for a time because the percentage-based damage have never been nerf.

Deleted
    The gear upgrade feature has already been a "soft nerf" of ToT an it's been in since the last patch.

It's possible to roll to Jin'Rokh for the first time - with entire raid in i530 gear. The content wasn't designed for that and will feel like a faceroll. Most of Normal ToT will feel that way. Haven't seen much complaints about it - mostly because people don't realise it behaves the same way as small incremental content nerfs - it's really clever design by Blizzard.

The 5.4 nerf with 20% is fine because ToT will be old and outdated content at that point - they always do that to redundant content.

15+ Year Old Account
    20% is kind of high but the Siege patch in 5.4 will be the last raid for this expansion. So I'm sure Blizzard wants as many people as possible to finish TOT and move into Siege. A lot of guilds won't attempt the new raid until they have cleared the previous one.