Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "Patch 5.4 Feature Preview"
    Q. When will Connected Realms be available?
    A. We haven’t yet determined when we’ll be creating the first Connected Realms, but we expect it will be some time after the launch of Patch 5.4.

They really shouldn't call this a "Patch 5.4 Feature" if it's not going live with Patch 5.4. They really should word their title better, unless this is something they can modify without patches, and they'll slowly be creating new "server clusters" throughout 5.4. Lot of people believe this is happening when 5.4 releases, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    I prefer this to crz and i'm actually kind of excited to see this happen. Hopefully they release a list of connected realms sometime soon if possible so we know whats connected to what.
    CRZ will still exist pretty sure, those CRZ zones could be even more populated after this depending on how they choose which servers to merge.

I wonder if you can mail "account bound" items to characters on the "connected" realms. Or maybe we still have to pay for a transfer to send a toon as a mule to get the "account bound" items where we want.

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am on a super populated realm, hopefully this will not be for populated realms or at least limit it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot wait for this to happen. Finally my server will be lively again after years of being dead. But one thing caught my attention and saddened me. When the question was asked when will Connected Realms will available and they said some time after the launch of 5.4. Dammit kinda hoping this would be on launch day lol

I suppose this method, as apposed to merging the realms would allow blizz (should they ver need to) un-link the realms back into single ones again, or if population decreases further, add more into the mixup.

At the touch of a button the can theoretically combine or split as many as they like without ever having to worry about identity and naming consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Narelle View Post
    I wonder if you can mail "account bound" items to characters on the "connected" realms. Or maybe we still have to pay for a transfer to send a toon as a mule to get the "account bound" items where we want.
    You definitely can, the AH and economy are connected as well as guilds. It wouldn't make sense for you not to be able to mail items to people on other realms in your cluster.

Deleted
    *A wild blue post with absolutely no new info appears*
    You use comment! It is not very effective

I like the language dance around the fact that they have so many dead/dying servers. I wish they cared enough for the player base when they still had the player base.. instead of the money they got for transfers. Throw the bone before the dog bites your hand, save the hand.

Did you see that EQNext preview?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    "Patch 5.4 Feature Preview"
    Q. When will Connected Realms be available?
    A. We haven’t yet determined when we’ll be creating the first Connected Realms, but we expect it will be some time after the launch of Patch 5.4.

They really shouldn't call this a "Patch 5.4 Feature" if it's not going live with Patch 5.4. They really should word their title better, unless this is something they can modify without patches, and they'll slowly be creating new "server clusters" throughout 5.4. Lot of people believe this is happening when 5.4 releases, and that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Fully agree with this, gotta admit I'm kind of disappointed this won't ship with 5.4. I think this feature is something a lot of people are waiting for, especially people from the lower populated realms. Not to mention a connected realm will, in a way, give you 11 additional character slots.

i honestly like my very very low pop server. i hate having to compete with people for quest mobs and rares and stuff, so this is just gonna be a pain in the ass for me.

The one reason I really want this is completely silly, but I'm hoping I can get the name I want on another realm. I refuse to use characters with the silly symbols that make sending tells a pain, and unfortunately whoever has the name I want on my server still has an active subscription somewhere (not sure if they're even on my server, but it's been over a year and the name has never showed up on the Armory), so the GMs won't relinquish it to me.

Deleted
    I'm not sure of the difference between doing this and merging realms, except perhaps its easier to add and remove as the climate changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to say this is going to piss off so many hunters who have been trying to tame rare pets with the annoyance of X-realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiera28 View Post
    I'm not sure of the difference between doing this and merging realms, except perhaps its easier to add and remove as the climate changes.
    Did you even read the QA?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raptorette View Post
    I like the idea of this. HOWEVER, my one and only complaint with the game is that I wish they could implement something in the game to where you do NOT have to be in a group with people from spanish speaking servers (such as Ragnaros). Those are by far the worst people to play with, as they don't understand how to play. The worse LFR/LFD groups I have been in have been with these groups, and I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    Do you really think your capability to play is directly related to which language you speak? Should I start learning finnish then?

No, back when I was raiding in WotLK, we had a group of 3 people that were running random heroics after raids, always having some 2 random people in the group. Yes, we could be dicks sometimes, speaking Czech in the party chat, because it was easier than to 3-way whisper (there were no chat conference conversation back then) but we were always perfect game-wise. There have to be hardcore raid guilds on Ragnaros too and those players are certainly good in LFD/LFR. You only notice the bad ones because that's what you're focusing on and that's where you're basing a correlation on an anecdotal evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    Fairly straightforward. Now you don't have to worry about duplicate names.
    Yess, its basicallt merging without actually merging

Deleted
    Yeah servers are empty because everyone flocks to the same servers, definitely not because subs are down to 7.7 mil from 12 mil no no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyg View Post
    I like the language dance around the fact that they have so many dead/dying servers. I wish they cared enough for the player base when they still had the player base.. instead of the money they got for transfers. Throw the bone before the dog bites your hand, save the hand.

Did you see that EQNext preview?
    I'll believe it when I see it. I've played so many MMOs now that were supposed to be awesome but flopped or fell short in the end. I think GW2 was a good game, especially for F2P, but the story or lack thereof just couldn't hold my attention for me to keep playing it. Same with TERA, back when I was still paying a subscription. Love SWTOR for the story, but hate the end game. FF14 was originally a mess, but I'm still planning to get 2.0 - didn't think it was the greatest game from playing the new beta, but it was a decent change from WoW. And of course, even WoW has its own issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOZOGOK View Post
    Yeah servers are empty because everyone flocks to the same servers, definitely not because subs are down to 7.7 mil from 12 mil no no no.
    Yep. I know you're being sarcastic, but that is completely correct. Sub losses effect individual servers much less then people make out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. I've played so many MMOs now that were supposed to be awesome but flopped or fell short in the end.
    Yep. If an MMO does what people hope, then great. But making claims before its even out is hilariously foolish.

I wonder how the "Blizzard are greedy to charge for realm transfer" - trolls will argue and complain about this one

(Im sure they will find a way of course)