Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Sometimes simplicity trumphs all. There are many Pokémons that are overdesigned if you ask me, and most of those come from Gen IV and V. Of course there are Pokémons that needed more work on their designs too, Seel comes to mind. I think Grimer and Muk are nice Pokémons, simply because they looks pretty cool. I've never really understood the "Pokémons need to have deep designs or else they're shit" mentality, not calling you out or anything, but to me as long as the Pokémon looks cool I'm fine with it. I'd much rather have a simple design like Weezing, one of my favorite Pokémons, instead of a completely over-designed mess like Black Kyurem, White Kyurem, or Pokémons like Stoutland which just comes off as chaotic and messy designs that simply look ugly to me.

I do however agree that Gen V has to be the most creative Gen thus far, it has so many inspirational sources. Just looking at Druddigon for example, I wonder what the heck it actually is, but I don't really care because it simply looks rad. Sometimes it's not for the best, but for the most part it works.

Ironically I hate the Gen 3 games themselves, the region is a mess, the story is uninspiring, and the game's progression just doesn't flow at all. However, Gen 3 has to be my favorite Generation Pokémon-wise, there are just so many of my favorites in it.
    i really liked the gen 3 games. iloved the secret bases and emerald was awesome, the elite four was cool i loved the caves (diving was a bit useless though) i loved the differences between the zones.

i cant wait to see it in full 3d like x and y (before anyone says it isnt coming, it is, its been like over 10 years since it came out it will happen eventually)

also does anyone else kind of feel like gen 5 was an inbetween or filler gen? it there was no remake, no 3d battle game, its the only gen not to have atleast one main game on a new handheld.

not saying it was bad or anything i love gen 5 its my 2nd favorite but it does kind of feel a bit like they made it so they could have more time to figure out what the hell to do for the 3ds, were they gonna go 3d, were they gonna go 2d, what style were they gonna use ect.

anyways i have a theory.

with gen 5 they kind of broke the mold a bit with sequels instead of mish mashey super game so i was thinking when they get around to the gen 3 games, what if instead of a remake they make a sequel or a prequel or a midquel or whatever? i think that would be cool.

or maybe they could make a game with kanto and hoenn since gen 3 had gen 3 and gen 1 remakes.

either way point is i liek me somes gen 3. when i was younger i would just sit around with my gameboy sp and play that stuff all the time then when i was bored i would reset and do it all over again.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    before anyone says it isnt coming, it is, its been like over 10 years since it came out it will happen eventually
    It isn't coming

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone have any idea yet if there will be trading between Gen 5 and 6?

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    They said it will be more difficult than trading between gen 3-4 or 4-5 but they're working on it.

I think they're gonna do it over Global link, because apparently direct connection between 3DS and DS is not possible.

Sometimes simplicity trumphs all. There are many Pokémons that are overdesigned if you ask me, and most of those come from Gen IV and V. Of course there are Pokémons that needed more work on their designs too, Seel comes to mind. I think Grimer and Muk are nice Pokémons, simply because they looks pretty cool. I've never really understood the "Pokémons need to have deep designs or else they're shit" mentality, not calling you out or anything, but to me as long as the Pokémon looks cool I'm fine with it. I'd much rather have a simple design like Weezing, one of my favorite Pokémons, instead of a completely over-designed mess like Black Kyurem, White Kyurem, or Pokémons like Stoutland which just comes off as chaotic and messy designs that simply look ugly to me.

I do however agree that Gen V has to be the most creative Gen thus far, it has so many inspirational sources. Just looking at Druddigon for example, I wonder what the heck it actually is, but I don't really care because it simply looks rad. Sometimes it's not for the best, but for the most part it works.

Ironically I hate the Gen 3 games themselves, the region is a mess, the story is uninspiring, and the game's progression just doesn't flow at all. However, Gen 3 has to be my favorite Generation Pokémon-wise, there are just so many of my favorites in it.
    Hehe, I don't think the design needs to be spectacularly deep and inspiring and I definitely don't knock people for liking the pokemon they like. I just don't particularly like Grimer or Koffing. As long as you think it's cool though, right? I've always thought Slowpoke was adorable, for example, and that's a stupid pink...hippo otter...

So cute. And yeah, both the new Kyurems were hella overdesigned. They're just way too busy!! And a lot of people agree with this, I've found. And there were also a lot of overdesigned pokemon from Gen IV, erk. I still think Gen IV was probably the absolute worst when it came to Pokemon design. It wasn't that they were running out of ideas, as I said before. I still don't think they are.

I like the new perfume cloud pokemon. It's pretty simple looking, but it's quite adorable. I wonder if it'll evolve into something cooler, though.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-08-04 at 08:19 PM.

I like the new perfume cloud pokemon.
    ... the cotton candy one?

Im sure there will be. There are a lot of people who have rare people and completely IV / EV trained pokemon who would be quite upset if they were just gone (unable to trade them to X and Y). I have a Blaziken from my old Sapphire game that i've been keeping, as well as a shiny Gardevoir. I also have a Japanese event mew and deyoxis. I would be quite upset if I couldn't continue to bring my rare and legendary pokemon with me. Probably enough so to cancel my pre-order ive had since may and use the 42bucks elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I felt that gen4 was awful. D/P/P was my least favorite trio of Pokemon games, almost entirely making me tired of Pokemon. I didn't particularly care for the designs of the Pokemon in general, and I thought the music was awfully obnoxious, and I hated the Sinnoh region and it's story. (It was over-the-top).
    Team Galactic went above and beyond a villainous team. I mean Cyrus wanted to essentially have the Creation trio destroy and remake the Pokemon universe just so he could rid it of Human spirit(the quality:spirit, willpower, and emotion). It also did answer how the pokemon universe came to be too but that's just a bonus you go looking around for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    They said it will be more difficult than trading between gen 3-4 or 4-5 but they're working on it.

I think they're gonna do it over Global link, because apparently direct connection between 3DS and DS is not possible.
    I was thinking if they didn't do it quite like a direct thing, they'd tie it in with the gen 3 remakes, allowing you to get a lot of the gen 3 mons that way. It doesn't explain the other gens though so I dunno but I can dream lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Im sure there will be. There are a lot of people who have rare people and completely IV / EV trained pokemon who would be quite upset if they were just gone (unable to trade them to X and Y). I have a Blaziken from my old Sapphire game that i've been keeping, as well as a shiny Gardevoir. I also have a Japanese event mew and deyoxis. I would be quite upset if I couldn't continue to bring my rare and legendary pokemon with me. Probably enough so to cancel my pre-order ive had since may and use the 42bucks elsewhere.
    While there is more than there used to be, they didn't make trading between gen 1/2 and 3 work so people lost a lot of their favorites that way.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I was thinking if they didn't do it quite like a direct thing, they'd tie it in with the gen 3 remakes, allowing you to get a lot of the gen 3 mons that way. It doesn't explain the other gens though so I dunno but I can dream lol

- - - Updated - - -

While there is more than there used to be, they didn't make trading between gen 1/2 and 3 work so people lost a lot of their favorites that way.
    THe tech was also quite limited back then (comparatively). Gen 3 was also when they introduced their first wireless trading (via those things with Emerald/FR/LG)

My silver sadly crapped out. But its like Shadow-cleave said, the tech then was limited. Now a days its way more advanced. Not to mention people have been able to accumulate a lot more pokemon that would be considered rare for more then one reason.

I highly doubt that there won't be trading between 5 & 6 gens. Where will the shiny trio of 4th gen go? They will give them away just days before the release of the 6th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Team Galactic went above and beyond a villainous team. I mean Cyrus wanted to essentially have the Creation trio destroy and remake the Pokemon universe just so he could rid it of Human spirit(the quality:spirit, willpower, and emotion). It also did answer how the pokemon universe came to be too but that's just a bonus you go looking around for.
    And that's the problem. It kind of felt like Game Freak had forgotten that they were working on a Pokémon game. Pokémon before that was just a fun little adventure, and I'm not saying that they aren't allowed to change that, but changing it this drastically wasn't the right way to do it. A major problem the game had was that there was little to no build up on the whole Team Galactic thing either, you met Cyrus casually at some places, beat up some pretty lame grunts, and the next thing you know you have to save the world from a Pokémon who can either control time, create and destroy galaxies, or has been banished to another realm, it was poorly handled, and given that the story wasn't very interesting to begin with I just lifted an eyebrow and went on to catch the creature which can rip through space in a tiny little ball.

Also, things like how the universe was made by the hands of a Pokémon and how humans evolved from Pokémons was just... so stupid sorry to say, but that was just lame. Pokémon was cool because it was our world, but just with these magical creatures, 4th Gen made it into an alternate universe that you can't relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ... the cotton candy one?

Spritzee. Little perfume cloud pokemon.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's the problem. It kind of felt like Game Freak had forgotten that they were working on a Pokémon game. Pokémon before that was just a fun little adventure, and I'm not saying that they aren't allowed to change that, but changing it this drastically wasn't the right way to do it. A major problem the game had was that there was little to no build up on the whole Team Galactic thing either, you met Cyrus casually at some places, beat up some pretty lame grunts, and the next thing you know you have to save the world from a Pokémon who can either control time, create and destroy galaxies, or has been banished to another realm, it was poorly handled, and given that the story wasn't very interesting to begin with I just lifted an eyebrow and went on to catch the creature which can rip through space in a tiny little ball.

Also, things like how the universe was made by the hands of a Pokémon and how humans evolved from Pokémons was just... so stupid sorry to say, but that was just lame. Pokémon was cool because it was our world, but just with these magical creatures, 4th Gen made it into an alternate universe that you can't relate to.
    I felt pretty disconnected to the storyline of D/P/P. I don't mind over-the-top, saving the world of magical creatures story, it's just...erk. It's always some stupid half-assed group of lame villains and the whole story was near impossible to relate to. I think Black and White did it slightly better, because they were trying to take your Pokemon away like deranged PETA members, but it was kinda 'eh'.

Team Rocket is the only one I've felt was done right, so far. Because it was just the Pokemon mafia, and it was the first introduced to me. I guess the concept is interesting. If you had a world with magical monsters that can control elemental powers, someone would use them for crime. You know it'd happen. So it seems very real and natural to have something like that in the Pokemon World, just to show you that everything isn't always sunshine and rainbows. Because let's be honest, sunshine and rainbows is hard to relate to all the time, even if they are refreshing once in awhile.

I have yet to have an opinion about Team Flare, but they seem to be another Pokemon mafia just from what we've heard about them.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-08-05 at 06:05 PM.

Do you people believe that they will make more reveals as we are heading for the release? Will they reveal all the pokedex till release?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    If you had a world with magical monsters that can control elemental powers, someone would use them for crime.
    That's why Rocket is my favorite team too. They're a realistic crime team, I mean, yes I'm sure there'd be a Team Plasma too if Pokémons existed, but they wouldn't have as much support and get as much attention as they got in B/W, people are stupid, but not that stupid. Team Rocket is simple and realistic, and yes, I know realistic doesn't equal good, but Pokémon has in general lacked good villains, the forced team villains is a thing I wish they'd drop for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Do you people believe that they will make more reveals as we are heading for the release? Will they reveal all the pokedex till release?
    Coro Coro has promised "The biggest Pokémon scoop of the century" on August 12th, most likely the rest of Gen 6, seems realistic considering when 5th Gen was revealed fully.

Deleted

Coro Coro has promised "The biggest Pokémon scoop of the century" on August 12th, most likely the rest of Gen 6, seems realistic considering when 5th Gen was revealed fully.
    5th gen wasn't revealed, it was leaked. And only like 3 days before the release of Black and White, not 2 months.

Pokemon - it's my biggest children's imagination. I love these monsters

How do you guys feel about a potential full reveal? I am kind of torn

Check everything and have a wonderful 3 days or wonder in the open world when the games are released?

On the other hand I cannot seriously wait for the 12th of August

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    How do you guys feel about a potential full reveal? I am kind of torn

Check everything and have a wonderful 3 days or wonder in the open world when the games are released?

On the other hand I cannot seriously wait for the 12th of August
    I hope they won't reveal it. A few more maybe, but hopefully not the majority.