Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Premature IH fall off or....

Hey all. I need some help with a very peculiar issue I've noticed the last week or so.

Back story: I recently (and finally) added a IH tracker to my Grid. Tracks amount and time left with a corner icon. (PSA I recommend everyone to have this, it's a very easy way to track shielding.) Not that I had any healing issues before, but I just like to see everything in my control. Have had it for a couple weeks, works perfect and all, except...

...I notice that IH is falling off on 1 particular person (another healer) with a lot of time left on the buff. Now before I go ballistic on said person, does anyone know of a healing spell (white name plates :P) that overrides IH? I've been wracking my brain for days trying to figure this out, done searches and such, and cannot find anything related.

Is this person /cancelauraing my shield? I really hope not, but I'm afraid this is the case. Any input would be wonderful, but I have a feeling I'm just going to get a bunch of "lolwuts" and confirmations.

Thanks in advance, you guys rock!

Deleted
    Sounds like /cancelaura, though are you sure it's definitely that one person and you're not focusing them down and just seeing when they're taking damage?

Also, ensure you have IH set to "mine only" on grid, it might be tracking a peer's IH and maybe being a little buggy when theirs falls off.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Sounds like /cancelaura, though are you sure it's definitely that one person and you're not focusing them down and just seeing when they're taking damage?
    It falls off in ZERO damage scenarios. Everyone else stacked is at high shield levels, this person has nothing. They are stacked with the group as well.

Believe me, I tested the direct healing to build and it stills go away.

Like I said, I suspected that. I just cannot believe it tbh.

Pretty sure you're getting /cancelaura'd. There's nothing that should overwrite.

P.S. You can watch the log and check too.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Also, ensure you have IH set to "mine only" on grid, it might be tracking a peer's IH and maybe being a little buggy when theirs falls off.
    I'm the only H Pally....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Pretty sure you're getting /cancelaura'd. There's nothing that should overwrite.

P.S. You can watch the log and check too.
    Oh it's painfully obvious. Looking at WoL, average random player is 12-14% of healing from IH...this person is 3%.

Deleted
    Oh wow, tell him to stop being a giant man child

Oh wow, tell him to stop being a giant man child
    If it were only that easy....

I checked your logs and the priest indeed does seem to do cancelaura IH. What's the point of it anyway? Just tell your raid leader/gm, he should be kicked from the guild or demoted. Doing that on progression as well is very ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    What's the point of cancelauraing IH anyway?
    The priest healer probably wants to pad meters.

15+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, seems like the other healer is being quite immature and canceling the aura themselves.

Bring it up with them personally (without going off). If you feel it's still a major issue bring it up publicly. Hell I'd even heckle him about it on Vent, call attention to him doing it for personal "gain".

I know people who use spells to mess with other raid members to have fun(such as BoP'ing the DPS warriors ), but this seems more intentionally to pad the charts. Not cool, especially if you're going for progression.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-08-06 at 05:57 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

All your points are 100% valid, I just needed to make sure before I did anything (hate going in without all the facts).

I honestly have no idea how long it's been going on for and if I hadn't added a tracker for IH, prolly would have been none the wiser.

Still scratching my head and trying to wrap my brain around it. After the initial laughter and head shaking, it's turned to head scratching and frustration.

Thanks for the input, again, you guys rock!

Verdell, would you mind letting us know how this turns out? I always enjoy reading threads like these and seeing if issues get resolved. Just deserts, and all that :P
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Verdell, would you mind letting us know how this turns out? I always enjoy reading threads like these and seeing if issues get resolved. Just deserts, and all that :P
    Haha sure. At least as much as I can divulge.

Rofl! Fight fire with fire. Cancel aura everything priest that can go on you and macro it into everything.

Now those PoMs stop with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Rofl! Fight fire with fire. Cancel aura everything priest that can go on you and macro it into everything.

Now those PoMs stop with you!
    I'd love to but I have 2 priests in the group. I can't punish the other one like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious, what spell is IH? I was just passing by and this caught my attention :P

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    The priest healer probably wants to pad meters.
    Well I do know he wants to do that, but he's pretty shit as well. He wasn't going to get ranked or anything by doing that aynway. The only thing he increased was his chance to die.

@Pappo IH is illuminated healing (paladin mastery).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    IH is illuminated healing (paladin mastery).
    Thanks!

I wonder how said mighty priest would feel if everyone in his raid macroed /cancelaura Divine Aegis /cancelaura Power Word: Shield into all their abilities.

Honestly, get some logs and call him out. He should be /gkick for that reason alone, there's zero reason for him to do that when it is only hurting the raid and honestly making nobody look better, but definitely making his guild as a whole, not just him, look worse. Imagine if your raid had all of people like him that had those macros, you would get nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I know people who use spells to mess with other raid members to have fun(such as BoP'ing the DPS warriors ), but this seems more intentionally to pad the charts. Not cool, especially if you're going for progression.
    Right, and aside from very infrequent occurrences in my books if that's done more than once in a blue moon (or even once in that blue moon) outside of LFR/etc., a /gkick is warranted too. Again, bullshit moves like that during an actual raid just don't actually help make the game fun for anyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree sounds like a /cancelauraing on a progression fight not cool does not help the raid only hurts it.