Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Blizzard generally likes to pave the way for future expansions. We knew we'd get Wrath of the Lich King eventually, but that didn't mean it'd be the first expansion. I would like to go with next expansion being Azshara and the South Seas/Emerald Nightmare (mix) and then the one after that is the Burning Legion.
    I could see that. Especially when they said Storm Crow and Fae Dragon next expac (possibly). Storm crows are druids, really... and fae dragon were always out in like, feralas...

We never really defeated the emerald nightmare and the old god within. They could combine this into Aszhara.

Wouldn't matter what the expansion was, people will complain no matter what.

Personally I don't care what the theme is, so long as it's fun!

TBH they will cover all the stories one way or another. Blizzard won't be done with WoW any time soon and they will deal with Azshara, The Emerald Dream, The South Seas, The Old Gods and the Burning Legion eventually.

One thing to keep in mind is how everyone was asking about a Brewmaster class and a Monk class. Well now they made the Monk class and Brewmaster is one of it's specializations. It will come a time when they will put a Tinker, a Dragonsworn, a Demon Hunter and maybe even a Bard class.

Time is the only obstacle for us.

Btw, just watch "The Universe" a history channel series. In the current episode its all about ice planets. Ice planets such as Hoth, we know in "the empire strikes back" do exist. Wouldn't mind something like that in wow, too. An expansion could have multiple planets in 1 expansion we just visit relevant zones no need to explore them all in full detail, that way there could be more varied zones.

The problem i had with wrath of the lich king was, that it was always the same icy theme. I'd liked more the way how outlands was and cata just as far as diversity of zones goes.

Its more fantasy/science fiction you'll ever need, and i thought this game should be about that, who doesn't want to be excited by exploring unknown worlds? Pandaland was just the china we allready know it was very boring to look at it and travel there made me almost quit the first time i played an expansion and after that the huge daily grind kicked in. ;>

Dunno what weed the devs took this time around. ;>

Next expansion will 100% be about the Burning Legion.
    I can't find the source again but someone from blizzard told in an interview it will be in the next expansion.
    But im also 100% sure this will NOT be the expansion about Sargeras.

My predictions will be; BL themed expansion next, then non important themed expansion and then the final Sargereas expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir View Post
    Next expansion will 100% be about the Burning Legion.
    I can't find the source again but someone from blizzard told in an interview it will be in the next expansion.
    Blizzard has never said anything like that. Which is why you can't find the source.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next xpack will be more of the same noting new just new zones more levels.... maybe more dynamic events like that is the big thing this days. More randoms on easy mode and more raids. And something to replace that farmvile thing. And if they do again the Burning Legion theme it will be boring like I'm already tired of the demon stuff! I just will be happy if that china/panda theme is over and done!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vensu24 View Post
    how do you think the playerbase will react?
    The same way the playerbase reacts to pretty much everything: with whining. The playerbase will whine if it's TBL-themed, and they will whine if it's Something Else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some people should consider quitting this game if its causing them so much misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    TBH they will cover all the stories one way or another. Blizzard won't be done with WoW any time soon and they will deal with Azshara, The Emerald Dream, The South Seas, The Old Gods and the Burning Legion eventually.

One thing to keep in mind is how everyone was asking about a Brewmaster class and a Monk class. Well now they made the Monk class and Brewmaster is one of it's specializations. It will come a time when they will put a Tinker, a Dragonsworn, a Demon Hunter and maybe even a Bard class.

Time is the only obstacle for us.
    Who is "everyone"? A few percent of the WoW playerbase who actually posts on forums? I really like this double standard pandaria lobbyists impose with such hypocrisy upon those who don't like it. If I say "most people don't want monks" or how they don't really belong in Warcraft, I'll get swarmed by like 10 pages of people relating all kinds of stuff to me which may or may not make sense about how I'm wrong and how they're right. But as soon as one of you says something completely blown out of proportion like "everyone was asking for monks and brewmasters and tinkers and pandaren and dragonsworn (WTF IS THAT?) and Demon Hunters", well it's all fine and dandy of course you speak for 8million + all the other million who left the game. I'm sure they wanted these things too.

It's so surreal how you can say things like "this is the only obstacle for us" as if we all want the same predictable or farfetched things in what used to be a Warcraft game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    if it's emerald dream, i'll eat my hat.

if it's azshara, i'll play along happily.
    Ya G'tta put da salt on ya hat lad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if the next expansion is just something new and unexpected. Blizzard has shown with MoP that they don't care about continuing old plot lines that current players do not even know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    if the next expansion is not about the Legion Blizzard can shut the servers down
    My server is already dead, it's practically a ghost town.

unless warcraft returns to darker themes, and tries to show contrition by returning to their roots they'll continue to lose subs. They need to reclaim true warcraft fans and to do that the world of warcraft needs to be just that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's not a legion expansion, or if the legion just plays a minor role. We've got a lottttttttttt of WoW left to go if it's predecessors are any indication. If we get legion, it likely won't be Sargeras, or if it is it'll likely be one of those "Only a set back!" deals. Blizzard is fond of those. Or they could go all out EQ, have the heroes kill arguably the most powerful being in existence and then do a pseudo-Universe reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    unless warcraft returns to darker themes, and tries to show contrition by returning to their roots they'll continue to lose subs. They need to reclaim true warcraft fans and to do that the world of warcraft needs to be just that.
    They tried that with Cata. It didn't work out so well.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Eh, Steampunk is a pretty large genre. Blizzard could go in several directions with it, and it could be an interesting direction for the game to go in. Additionally, they have a class and several lore-starved races that could benefit from such a storyline.

Then again I deeply enjoyed the Pandaria expansion.
    It is a large genre in general but not that significant at all in WC. The big bad villians that we have left hardly relate to steampunk theme except Blizzard will do it like MoP again with an xpac with no main big bad which I really doubt it will happen. Blizzard will likely bring a big villian out next xpac whether it's Azshara,BL or ED.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's not a legion expansion, or if the legion just plays a minor role. We've got a lottttttttttt of WoW left to go if it's predecessors are any indication. If we get legion, it likely won't be Sargeras, or if it is it'll likely be one of those "Only a set back!" deals. Blizzard is fond of those. Or they could go all out EQ, have the heroes kill arguably the most powerful being in existence and then do a pseudo-Universe reset.

They tried that with Cata. It didn't work out so well.
    Sure, let's dismiss the atrocious crap lore written for Cata, the incredibly bad class design, the abandonment of PvP balance, and the most uninteresting trash raid design do date, only superseded by MoP which actually managed to worsen the already festering wound that is WoW.

I just a want a BL tie-in, HC 90, 93, and 95 lvl dungeon taking place in Karazhan =] ..with a raid that goes to CoT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It is a large genre in general but not that significant at all in WC. The big bad villians that we have left hardly relate to steampunk theme except Blizzard will do it like MoP again with an xpac with no main big bad which I really doubt it will happen. Blizzard will likely bring a big villian out next xpac whether it's Azshara,BL or ED.
    Wasn't Garrosh the main big bad of MoP? I don't see why something similar can't be the case with a steampunk expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Wasn't Garrosh the main big bad of MoP?
    Not really, just the last boss.

Also not sure why people think it will be the Burning Legion, Wrathion never gives the impression that the threat was imminent. Also now that Wrathion can no longer trust the Alliance or Horde to unite against the Legion, he will likely being trying to unite everyone under his banner, forcefully, not sure if Wrathion will be next xpack but we will fight Wrathion before we fight the Legion.