Poll: Would it upset you if LFR went away?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    And yet, most players prefer them to normal/heroic raids. Weird that most people spurn this "fun" for something that supposedly removed all this "fun", isn't it?
    It seems to prove to me that these people actually didn't like to "raid", and simply wanted to see content and get loot. If they could get the same thing solo, they would do it. So it's nothing about "raiding", and everything about "getting what raiding gave to the participants".

It's like playing a FPS, saying "I don't like to aim nor to avoid fire", and the designer implementing a mode with auto-aim and auto-dodge.
    So now people who didn't liked the FPS gameplay find it fun. It still makes for a shitty FPS game, because it removed what the FPS was about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    People just can't wrap their heads around this very easy concept, it seems.
    The same way the other people were never able to wrap their head about the concept of where the fun of overcoming a challenge comes from, and they prefer circle-jerking about "elitists" instead.
    Somehow, being petty bonehead make them feel smarter.
    Last edited by Akka; 2013-08-08 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Lei'Shen LFR was available a whole month after he was killable on normal mode.
    If you didn't see him by then, your guild just isn't really good.
    I never said my guild was. But does that mean we should be 'forced' to see a shitty form of the raid before? It contains mainly of people who have irls, families and what not to attend to, but they still hate lfr because its just NOT raiding. I joined that casual guild due to having school. LFR is still just NOT raiding, no matter how you deffend it. All those who tells the people who dont like lfr is selfish are actually very selfish themselves.

Its fine for me you can play the content - that does not hurt my butt, its only when its 'forced' on me. Have lfr give less ilvl than normals, or maybe just less ilvl than upgraded normals and i would be happy and dont care for it at all. Then i could just do it on my alts, fine no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It seems to prove to me that these people actually didn't like to "raid", and simply wanted to see content and get loot. If they could get the same thing solo, they would do it. So it's nothing about "raiding", and everything about "getting what raiding gave to the participants".
    So, raiding is fun, if you exclude from your data all people for whom it wasn't fun. Gotcha.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    Have lfr give less ilvl than normals, or maybe just less ilvl than upgraded normals and i would be happy and dont care for it at all. Then i could just do it on my alts, fine no worries.
    LFR does give less ilvl than normals......or did I miss something?

Yes. I would likely never see current raid content if LFR didn't exist. I have absolutely no desire to wait for PUGs to fill, or adhere to a raid schedule. Basically, I enjoy experiencing raid content when its convenient.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But does that mean we should be 'forced' to see a shitty form of the raid before?
    You're not forced, you're just too impatient to actually overcome a challenge in order to get gear and prefer to get gear that overcomes the challenges for you. It's just a fact. Whether because you are in a hardcore competitive guild (highly doubtful) which puts competition over content, or you are a mediocre guild who puts gear over content, the end result is the same.

You want the gear, you do LFR. 100% your problem and not Blizzard's or other players. It's your priorities, you can sort them out.
    BAD WOLF

So, raiding is fun, if you exclude from your data all people for whom it wasn't fun. Gotcha.
    I didn't expect you to bother to understand something that would not suit your views.

But yeah, any activity is fun for some people, not for other. I find basket boring for example.
    Now if they change the essence of basket ("you can use your feet now, but not your hand, and instead of shooting in a basket you'll shoot between big goalposts, and..."), then I'll start to like it.
    But it'll be football, not basket.
    Last edited by Akka; 2013-08-08 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I didn't expect you to bother to understand something that would not suit your views.
    No, I understood your flawed and bogus argument perfectly well. You are excluding the individuals who contradict your viewpoint as somehow being not relevant. Of course normal raiding is more fun than LFR, if you arbitrarily exclude those for whom the opposite is the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

considering the drop chance of any loot is STUPIDLY low even with rolls, no I LOVE for it to go away. Would stop me feeling like I HAD to do it to get that small upgrade that never drops and ruins the excitment of seeing the new content like it should be seen

I never said my guild was. But does that mean we should be 'forced' to see a shitty form of the raid before? It contains mainly of people who have irls, families and what not to attend to, but they still hate lfr because its just NOT raiding. I joined that casual guild due to having school. LFR is still just NOT raiding, no matter how you deffend it. All those who tells the people who dont like lfr is selfish are actually very selfish themselves.
    Oh! Oh! Let me try that! Here we go:

Your "school" is just not school. Are you getting a PhD in particle physics from MIT? Because otherwise you're just not in school. That's why you might as well drop out. I don't even know why we waste tax dollars on high school programs and state universities. If you're at an ivy league university you're not really in school, and if you're not getting a graduate degree you still have a ways to go before we can say you've truly completed school. Honestly, are you really going to feel good about that high school diploma? I have to tell you that my Master of Science degree took much more effort to obtain and I'm offended that you would even consider taking pride in your meager "accomplishment." Sorry to have to break that news to you...

No, I understood your flawed and bogus argument perfectly well. You are excluding the individuals who contradict your viewpoint as somehow being not relevant. Of course normal raiding is more fun than LFR, if you arbitrarily exclude those for whom the opposite is the case.

can you honestly say that any guild that runs ONLY lfr as a guild activity can seriously post their "progress" in a group setting and not be laughed off that channel?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    can you honestly say that any guild that runs ONLY lfr as a guild activity can seriously post their "progress" in a group setting and not be laughed off that channel?
    Your question there appears to be entirely irrelevant to the point being discussed (whether LFR is more or less fun than normal/heroic modes). Is there a reason you are injecting irrelevant noise into this debate?

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Oh, the irony.
    Yes, indeed, because LFR isn't something that was spawned by whining and crying. Instead it's the biggest thing to cause whining and crying since LFD was added, all from wannabe hardcores who base their self-worth on their perception of status in a video game. They can't stand the idea people can see 'their' content without 'their permission' and so want it taken away because somehow their sub dollars are magically worth more than other players'.

And the best part? LFR IS GOING NOWHERE. IT IS HERE AND WILL ALWAYS BE HERE AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

My argument is not flawed, and your "no true scotsman" retort only prove your complete lack of good faith.
    You really need to be utterly dishonest to contest that the essence of raiding is a team-based effort to overcome challenge, and that both these elements are essentially absent in all but form from LFG.

But then, I've never seen you be intellectually honest, so I'm hardly surprised. Purposedly ignoring the examples illustrating the point made in order to twist it into a strawman and ignore the concept illustrated, is rather revealing of your way to "debate".
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    all from wannabe hardcores who base their self-worth on their perception of status in a video game. They can't stand the idea people can see 'their' content without 'their permission' and so want it taken away because somehow their sub dollars are magically worth more than other players'.
    Moar circle-jerking please.
    Parroting these kind of mindless clichés only serve to speak alot of you instead of the persons you designate.
    Last edited by Akka; 2013-08-08 at 07:27 PM.

Your question there appears to be entirely irrelevant to the point being discussed (whether LFR is more or less fun than normal/heroic modes). Is there a reason you are injecting irrelevant noise into this debate?
    to illicit exactly that hypocritical response from you, and I quote "You are excluding the individuals who contradict your viewpoint as somehow being not relevant."
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    to illicit exactly that hypocritical response from you, and I quote "You are excluding the individuals who contradict your viewpoint as somehow being not relevant."
    He didn't exclude your view because it contradicted him, he excluded it because it wasn't pertinent to the conversation at hand. It would be like discussing pvp balance and then you jumping in and insisting the moon was made of green cheese. It has ZERO (or in your case almost zero) relevance to the topic at hand. It was a rather poor attempt to bate him. 1/10 for you and ONLY because I'm feeling generous today.
    The hammer comes down:
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I wish that all threads that are somehow related to LFR being removed went away. It's just so shockingly stupid.
    Basically this. Surely we're approaching the point where a sticky can be made and these can just be deleted on sight? Done to death/10

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yes, because it would mean I couldn't see raid content at my convenience anymore and Blizzard was catering to a bunch of whiny crybabies who base their self-esteem on not letting others see 'their' content.

But seeing as that will never happen and I'll enjoy their QQ for years to come, it's not something to be concerned about.
    LFR was cause by a bunch of whiny crybabies who did not have enough skills to do proper raids so they made LFR, so they do listen to that fanbase actually.
    Seeing content is NOT why people do LFR it's because it's free easy gear, i bet that 95%+ don't even know the name of a lot of skills on bosses cause you can just afk and win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    LFR was cause by a bunch of whiny crybabies who did not have enough skills to do proper raids
    Normal modes don't require "skill" either.
    All they require is dealing with a raid guild and a fixed schedule - which a lot of people just don't want to, and thus, enjoy LFR.

I personally would not be upset because I feel that flex mode raiding is a better fitting solution to the problem of accessibility and it allows for friends play together in a closed group so sit will be more like a normal raiding guild