Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Why does that matter? Do you want to lower the age of consent to 13?
    but that would lower the "wiggle room" to 10, and that's just weird!
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    This is fucking disgusting.

I suppose you think the man is wrongfully convicted then.

- - - Updated - - -

and the law is wrong to do so.
    Whoa man, don't go putting words in RICH's mouth. I think he's just saying that because she clearly wanted it, did it out of her own volition, and apparently initiated the whole thing, that shows that she's not really a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    No matter how the kid acts, it's the adult's fault if they act on it. As it should be.
    Agreed, so long as the adult is fully capable (excluding certain behavior/learning disorders) of rational decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    Why?

Sex can lead to the transmission of disease. Sex can result in pregnancy.

So why are the ramifications of smoking and drinking not necessarily apparent until a "magic switch" flips at the legally specified time, but sex is, well, just sex?
    He expects a 13 year old to exhibit emotional maturity.....

You heard it here folks. A 13 is not a victim if she's a slutty 13 year old.

Barbarians.
    Its rare to see such open victim blaming.
    She's a victim in the eyes of the law.
    In terms of morality, this is a rather grey area, and she may not be considered "THE victim."
    Get off your high horse.

Deleted
    May I remind people that some developed nations such as Japan has the age of consent of 13?

Quote Originally Posted by SBlackman View Post
    Whoa man, don't go putting words in RICH's mouth. I think he's just saying that because she clearly wanted it, did it out of her own volition, and apparently initiated the whole thing, that shows that she's not really a victim.
    Age of consent is not a hard concept.

Deleted
    Some people are just so closed off from true society today. I personally know the barrister who made the comment involved with this case after working with him. He is an exceptionally humble and genuine man and i completely believe and trust in what he said about this 13 year old.

It angers me to hear that people still wont accept it and feel that the kid had no part to play in the case!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    May I remind people that some developed nations such as Japan has the age of consent of 13?
    Bully for japan.

Age of consent is not a hard concept.
    But it is, however, an arbitrary one.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SBlackman View Post
    It is Wells' style, if he bothered to read the rest of the posts in this thread then he would know exactly what I think of the man.

I'm a little torn on this one.

One the one hand, I do think a girl that age can be a predator, and can definitely go after an older man. Hell, with the right hair and makeup, a 13-14 year old girl can easily look 20ish. As a simple example, if anyone watches America's got talent, just look at the boy-girl band that played this week. She's 13-14, and there's no way she looks that young, easily looks 18.

That said though, I do find it disturbing that a 41yr old had sex acts with a 13 year old, regardless of the preedatory nature of the girl. A guy has to have much better judgement than that.

That said though, without knowing the actual specifics of the case, it's really hard for me to make any real comprehensive opinion on it. Just my 2cp's worth of generalizations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you agree that the age of consent should be 13.

I ask because I don't know why the her being "only" three years below the age of consent matters at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hard to participate in a serious discussion of statutory rape between Americans and Europeans. I mean there's already a discrepancy concerning the legal age of 16 in UK and 18 in USA. The point I'm making is if your point is that a child cannot give consent, well that 16 year old American teen can't give consent but a 16 year old European can? I would then further extend this same disparity to a 16 year old being able to give consent well why can't a 13 or 14 year old?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and it's still freaking creepy. Unless you are saying you want the age of consent changed in UK, which I think I read you don't, is really a moot point.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It is Wells' style, if he bothered to read the rest of the posts in this thread then he would know exactly what I think of the man.
    If she's not a victim what did he do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets not go that far, he is still a sex offender regardless of whether or not he was seduced. He is guilty of either being a pervert or stupid, both should be criminal offenses.
    Pls no, our prisons are crowded enough as it is.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

but here's the problem - if what you propose was enacted she would never have told on him. "legit" victims would not come forward out of fear of being punished. dirtbags would essentially be getting a free pass. im perfectly willing to let a barely teenager "off the hook" if it means we take care of an adult that knows full well what he is doing is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Apparently at some point in the last few hundred years, we decided that we knew better then our ancestors, and the billions of years of evolution that showed girls are physically capable of having children (and thus sex) at the age of 13.
    It's also inherently dangerous to have a child at that young of an age. Your body is still developing and not at all ready to try and carry a child. The risk of complications, injuries, and death is much greater at 13 than at 17 or 18. Maybe there's a reason we evolved a protective nature perhaps, to try and keep those risks to a minimum?

Deleted
    Some people are just so closed off from true society today. I personally know the barrister who made the comment involved with this case after working with him. He is an exceptionally humble and genuine man and i completely believe and trust in what he said about this 13 year old.

It angers me to hear that people still wont accept it and feel that the kid had no part to play in the case!!