Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Age of consent is not a hard concept.
    You and I both know that most of the laws based around rape and sex are all kinds of fucked up. The article does not suggest that the girl was coerced in any way, so we can assume she was a willing participant. Yes, she was underage, and yes, the guy should be punished. Hell, the guy IS getting punished. But if a girl is actively seeking out older men to screw, then taking them to court, she is a predator and needs a serious talk about what she's doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post
    Some people are just so closed off from true society today. I personally know the barrister who made the comment involved with this case after working with him. He is an exceptionally humble and genuine man and i completely believe and trust in what he said about this 13 year old.

It angers me to hear that people still wont accept it and feel that the kid had no part to play in the case!!
    It doesn't matter if what he said is true. The only one to blame, and the only person with power in the situation, was the adult.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    but here's the problem - if what you propose was enacted she would never have told on him. "legit" victims would not come forward out of fear of being punished. dirtbags would essentially be getting a free pass. im perfectly willing to let a barely teenager "off the hook" if it means we take care of an adult that knows full well what he is doing is illegal
    A legitimate problem is if "she wanted it" becomes a viable defense in cases of child molestation and rape, guess who's going to use that defense? Everyone accused of child molestation and rape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeus View Post
    Lmao, thank you for proving to me you are a victim blamer who supports adults sharing the blame with young, mentally under developed children. Bravo.
    Ya know the more you use terms like "victim blame" the more you discredit yourself in my eyes...And i'm sure MANY others....Terms like that may be true in some cases but the way it gets used it has basically lost all real meaning via overuse.

As for this case i'd need to know more...I actually know a guy who was rufied by an underage girl at a place he was staying....It CAN AND DOES HAPPEN.

But he could NEVER report it because of who did it..Now my question WHO is the victim when rufies are involved?

You don't get to pick and choose. They're either old enough or they're not. Anything else is just special pleading.
    So everyone understands everything they need to once they hit the appropriate age. Right? Good luck raising kids with that fucked up logic.

This is nice though rich because it takes that same old she was asking for it tripe and applies it to a 13 year old. Charming really.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    Another problem is if "she wanted it" becomes a viable defense in cases of child molestation and rape, guess who's going to use that defense? Everyone accused of child molestation and rape.
    they already do. and sometimes succeed, even with children in the single digits
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yayforme View Post
    The judge didn't actually call her a sexual predator if you read closely.

That is what feminist Caroline Criado-Perez accuses the judge of implying that the girl was a sexual predator by ruling that she egged the man on.

Nothing more than a glorified head turning title.

Nice to see the feminist card being played instead of the racist one though. Was starting to get bored with the race card waved about every other thread.
    I'm getting tried of them ALL the race card the gender card the fucking sexuality card and hell even the disability card. They ALL need to stop being abused the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    It doesn't matter if what he said is true. The only one to blame, and the only person with power in the situation, was the adult.
    So you don't believe at all, that a 13 year old could seduce a mentally unstable adult?

Deleted
    Then you agree that the age of consent should be 13.

I ask because I don't know why the her being "only" three years below the age of consent matters at all.
    For the third time, read the rest of the posts in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    So you don't believe at all, that a 13 year old could seduce a mentally unstable adult?
    Was it stated that he is mentally unstable? I may have missed that part.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Your posts specifically, or every post?

Deleted
    This is nice though rich because it takes that same old she was asking for it tripe and applies it to a 13 year old. Charming really.
    She did ask for it though.......

Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    A legitimate problem is if "she wanted it" becomes a viable defense in cases of child molestation and rape, guess who's going to use that defense? Everyone accused of child molestation and rape.
    Do you know why the judge allowed such a defense in this particular case?
    Because the girl admitted to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post
    Some people are just so closed off from true society today. I personally know the barrister who made the comment involved with this case after working with him. He is an exceptionally humble and genuine man and i completely believe and trust in what he said about this 13 year old.

It angers me to hear that people still wont accept it and feel that the kid had no part to play in the case!!
    If you're going to copy/paste post, at least wait more than a few pages for someone to reply.

If he really is so genuine and humble, why have they received complaints about him regarding sexual offence cases before? This was just the final straw in a string of questionable conduct. The DPP wouldn't investigate the matter unless there was a reasonable cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    So everyone understands everything they need to once they hit the appropriate age. Right? Good luck raising kids with that fucked up logic.
    No, with age comes experience, education and understanding. It's what growing up is.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Stating it doesn't make it true.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Only if the mentally unstable adult could qualify for an insanity plea.

She did ask for it though.......
    You know for someone who doesn't want to lower the age of consent you're doing your best to pretend it doesn't exist.

Deleted
    Nonono. You seem to misunderstand. It's not like a scantily dressed woman getting raped then going "She was asking for it". That's messed up. But the article says she did it of her own free will. As in, she literally asked for sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's confusing because things like bringing up lower age in other countries. It implies an ideal for comparison.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi