15+ Year Old Account

Dalaran fishbots

Recently I've seen a ton of bots in Dalaran, next to the fountain, fishing.. or at least trying to fish. Many other realms experiencing this same thing? What's so special in the fountain? Almost all that I've inspected have already obtained the achievements you can get from the fountain and also have fishing maxed. Most I've seen at once has been like 20 if I counted the fishing bobbers right.

They seem to use some advanced (They throw the coins back) but broken software, as they tend to fish for a few hours and then start to run between the fishing trainer and the fishing spot in a continuous loop until the owner stops the bot.

What also gives them away is that they buff themselves exactly when the previous buffs expire. Whats the point in interrupting your fishing because your battle shout expired.. In Dalaran?

What are your thoughts on fishbots? They don't damage economy that much, and fishing is the worst profession to level. But instead of making people bot as much, they should make fishing more interesting and perhaps a little bit more rewarding to level in my hot opinion.

Last edited by Kuja; 2013-08-09 at 06:28 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Can't say I've ever noticed this. I hope you reported them all.

Are you sure they are bots? Maybe they are fishing while waiting for a group?

In terms of money, I think MoP fish would be a lot more profitable than Northrend fish.

I don't have an issue with fishing bots personally. I don't use them, but don't object.

It's a dreadfully dull profession that we all had to level. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Doesn't make any sense to fish there if they already have the achieves, unless there's some kind of niche northrend fish market I haven't heard about.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Are you sure they are bots? Maybe they are fishing while waiting for a group?

In terms of money, I think MoP fish would be a lot more profitable than Northrend fish.
    I'm fairly sure they are all bots. I often visit dalaran and they're there for many hours in a row from what names I spotted, and more appear every day. And they bug out after a while and run between 2 spots and won't do any fishing, so it's a dead giveaway D:

And yes, I've reported about 90 of those that have bugged out, and would assume many others have as well :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    IRL, fishing is a very tedious and time-consuming activity- you can literally sit in a hot-spot of fish for hours and go home empty handed. In WoW, its GREATLY improved since the initial version- 15 second channel, inability to "miss" a catch (That was very annoying, back then, it could take 15 minutes to go from skill level 1 to 10!), sometimes going the entire 30 second channel without even having a bite, needing all kinds of lures/gear to be able to fish in the highest level fishing areas (Kinda miss that personally), ect.

Now? You have a set amount of fish to cast- heck, you can go from 1-600 catching USEFUL fish (Going for rare pets while fishing is very lucrative) - to level up one skill (Back during BC, I put in a total of 9 in-game hours to go from 300 fishing to 375 fishing skill- that time now would take me 1-600 on MULTIPLE characters), MoP fishing always rewards useful fish (Golden Carp still sells), theres books for alts, ect.

As for the fishbots, there is actually a rare fish you can fish up in the fountain that can be sold for quite a decent vendor price. Granted, if I was using a bot, I would go to the underbelly to fish the rat, which has about the same %age to fish as the rare vendorfish, but can be sold for SO much more. Still, bot fishing only affects me if they are going for a pool of fish that I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I'd be tempted to name my char, fishbot and fish similarly just to mess with people
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    probably after Giant Sewer Rat, so dunno if bots or not as its BOP i think
    Last edited by starkey; 2013-08-09 at 06:27 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    probably after Giant Sewer Rat, so dunno if bots or not as its BOP i think
    It doesn't drop in fountain unless your bobber is on the edge of fountain, which changes loot table to one from sewers.

Probably they are botting for achievement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    It doesn't drop in fountain unless your bobber is on the edge of fountain, which changes loot table to one from sewers.

Probably they are botting for achievement
    Sometimes casts will land outside of the fountain and look like you are fishing in the cement. what I found was that regardless of where the cast lands (either edge of fountain or cement) it will count as an eligible place to get coins and the Giant Sewer Rat.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Domo arigato, fisho roboto