Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    Maybe abit offtopic but yeah...

The new vengeance changes, will those affect cmodes? Pretty scared about this because if this
    Is the case lots of times would probably be unbeatable (atleast very close To) considering the amount of damage tanks currently do in them. With the changes i mean the dimishing returns and the standing in shit policy. Thankfull for answers/thoughts!
    Vengeance changes are only for 10/25 raids iirc. Not seen anything regarding dungeons. Plus it would be counter productive to reduce the speed you can pull, in a timed competition.

I can see voss and.. The first guy in scarlet monestary taking a while longer without capping vengeance.

Edit: not to mention as you said a lot of times would be unbeatable aNd they've already stressed they don't want to make major changes that would totally screw the leader boards.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2013-08-04 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Vengeance changes are only for 10/25 raids iirc. Not seen anything regarding dungeons. Plus it would be counter productive to reduce the speed you can pull, in a timed competition.

I can see voss and.. The first guy in scarlet monestary taking a while longer without capping vengeance.
    People actually capped vengeance for Voss? Seems logical, but Voss is dropping like a stone already with your healer changing to DD D: Also the Top Time for Scarlet Monastery is DK-only I guess :P

Back to the question: I don't know how high vengeance stacks in CM...there is many onehit potential in CM which offers a great amount of vengeance for sure, but considering Ra-Den is the only encounter vengeance caps... and even if, I guess the several class buffs in 5.4 will make the non-vengeance-nerfed top times of 5.3 beatable, even if that's the case. Especially since SoO gear has a lot of additional sockets!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    People actually capped vengeance for Voss? Seems logical, but Voss is dropping like a stone already with your healer changing to DD D: Also the Top Time for Scarlet Monastery is DK-only I guess :P

Back to the question: I don't know how high vengeance stacks in CM...there is many onehit potential in CM which offers a great amount of vengeance for sure, but considering Ra-Den is the only encounter vengeance caps... and even if, I guess the several class buffs in 5.4 will make the non-vengeance-nerfed top times of 5.3 beatable, even if that's the case. Especially since SoO gear has a lot of additional sockets!
    Heh heh heh.. Pull all voss trash as a pally, cap vengeance, spam 1mil avengers shields. She falls over in a few seconds.
    Not going to get more than 1-2 sockets in SoO gear, but you can get better itemised gear.

Unless you're going for times you won't see your vengeance nearing cap point often, but if you want good times, nearly every CM provides an opportunity to cap it. (Scarlet halls Herod with 23 trash mobs, all of SM cathedral + boss, voss, shadopan first boss + trash, etc)
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2013-08-04 at 11:51 PM.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Posted by Raxxed
    Vengeance changes are only for 10/25 raids iirc. Not seen anything regarding dungeons.
    The way the latest changes are worded, they seem universal:

CLASSES
    Vengeance has received several changes.
    — Vengeance now grants Attack Power equal to 1.5% of the damage taken, down from 1.8% (The tooltip said 2% but it was actually 1.8%).
    — Tanks no longer receive Vengeance from many persistent area damage effects (standing in the fire) or from missed attacks (dodging and parrying an attack will continue to work as it has before).
    — There are now diminishing returns on Vengeance gains while tanking multiple targets. Each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    The way the latest changes are worded, they seem universal:
    Well I hope they reconsider for CMs, that would completely screw the leaderboards.
    Time to send our good friend Greg a tweet.
    Raxxykins

Well, the vengeance on the other hand building up WAY slower than before is indeed a bit problematic! Curious about the solution Blizzard has to offer, well, that means IF they have one to offer :P

Posted by Cyberowl
    Well, the vengeance on the other hand building up WAY slower than before is indeed a bit problematic! Curious about the solution Blizzard has to offer, well, that means IF they have one to offer :P
    Not applying the vengeance nerfs to CMs would be a good start.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting him to reply with something stupid like 'it won't effect it that much' when there's dozens of situations where mass tanking is a necessity to maintain a competitive time.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Not applying the vengeance nerfs to CMs would be a good start.
    Of course it's an obvious solution, but Blizzard likes the hard way on some behalfs :P

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Well I hope they reconsider for CMs, that would completely screw the leaderboards.
    As I posted, the better solution would be the wipe the leaderboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura669 View Post
    Going to be nice having all 9 titles.
    You are so hardcore that I'm even considering to steal your semen/eggs and to reproduce your kind for the world to be full with awesomeness!

Guess this is gonna give some people a reason to go to low pop servers to get these titles

I agree they should be perma it'd be nice to see more people try the CMs out

I just started CMs 2 days ago and 5/9 gold, not in a rush we do them for about a hour or 2

Excellent. Pretty much all the top times on my realm are from 1 person who's actually on my realm that got carried by friends from elsewhere. Good to know he won't be rewarded extra for that.

Posted by voidspark
    As I posted, the better solution would be the wipe the leaderboards.
    I'm not too sure about that. Huge vengeance nerfs will do nothing to make challenge modes more exciting. The toughest pulls are planned with the assumption that your tank will dish out terrible terrible damage (and healing) before cooldowns run out and he bites the dust. If somehow all the pulls turn out to be possible in 5.4, they'll be slower, as no amount of announced buffs can offset the nerfs. 5.4 might be the first patch since the release of CMs where we must lower our expectations regarding our target times. Which would be quite anticlimatic, to say the least.

Besides, I don't know who have noticed, but many groups recently formed on various realms have started running for realm best times. These groups spend hours trying to make the best times they can so they can earn the titles & FoS the moment they're available. On some realms, competition is really fierce to prevent the other groups from ever grabbing this or that title — these realms feel alive, they have a community caring for this. If the leaderboards are reset the day 5.4 is released, it won't be pretty.

All hail Raxxed! Seems like GC actually listened :3

Deleted
    this change is a load off my mind! bring on 5.4!

10+ Year Old Account
    All hail Raxxed! Seems like GC actually listened :3
    Hahah, wow. I can't believe that worked..
    Raxxykins

Too bad Challenge mode ladder times don't mean much. Unless you have a Monk tank and Disc priest you are doing them wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    Award titles to anyone who gets gold on the challenge mode and participation rates will skyrocket. I'd quit being lazy and complacent with my silvers on all of them and shoot for some titles.
    Problem is that getting Gold is too easy. Awarding a title for getting Gold would make it as commonplace as Jenkins.

If they made them permanent after having been the best on the server, that'd be a different matter.

making them permanent would only make bought xrealm boosts a looooot more popular.