Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhag View Post
    Last night i did checking on Tortos HC shoulders vs Tier, Tortos ones (not thunderforged) comes out on top haste wise with more then Prot tier ones both 2/2 upgraded.
    Tortos: 1053 haste
    Prot Tier: 983 haste

Also have anyone considered Crafted helm? only helm i can find with more haste is HC TF Animus helm and in 10 man Thunderforged is less then likely. considering both 2/2 upgraded of course
    Heroic tier helm has about 30 more haste as well fully upgraded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you even talking about Tortos shoulders?
    Reconstructed Furious Shoulderplates is the proper piece. 1246 haste even on shitty 543 version I got (bonus rolled on Ji-Kun this week). Over 1.3k haste on 549 ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Why are you even talking about Tortos shoulders?
    Reconstructed Furious Shoulderplates is the proper piece. 1246 haste even on shitty 543 version I got (bonus rolled on Ji-Kun this week). Over 1.3k haste on 549 ones.
    Problem with those is how they drop, not easy to get a hold off compared to the Tortos shoulders.
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

10+ Year Old Account
    is there a macro that i can use where it will allow me to just click on a person on my grid box and it will taunt off them, instead of clicking on the mob attacking them and then taunting?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    is there a macro that i can use where it will allow me to just click on a person on my grid box and it will taunt off them, instead of clicking on the mob attacking them and then taunting?
    Only if they're targeting the mob, so its unreliable at best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhag View Post
    Problem with those is how they drop, not easy to get a hold off compared to the Tortos shoulders.
    Yeah, I know, but as far as I understood, the whole talk was about BIS pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question time everyone!

Durumus Severed Tentacle is on the BMAH. I highly doubt anyone is going to bid on this, so I could potentially buy it. Either way, I have 250k so I might potentially pursue it.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=96481

Currently, I'm using Seal of the Bloodseeker from the Klaxxi:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=90862/se...he-bloodseeker

Therefore, this Durumu ring is better than what I'm currently using. However, the Primordius Ring comes into play. I could get this on LFR difficulty but probably not any higher. That looks like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95756

My question is, would the Durumu ring be better than the LFR Primordius Ring?

The primordius ring would give 778 haste. The Durumu ring would only give 724 haste (reforging plus the extra hit lets me gain a little bit), and 400 stamina and 300 strength.

I think this is pretty obvious (buy it) but right now my head isn't right due to a number of reasons. Please reassure me I'm not about to waste my money
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have the money, buy it. Its good. There are not that many rings out there that are better than the ring you're about to buy (raden, primordius hc, maybe primo nhc). Since you don't seem to have the option to run ToT Normal, its a no-brainer.
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-08-09 at 12:07 PM.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Wouldnt prot shoulder tier be a better piece, not taking account of a TF item? Mind the extra gem. If not overcapping hit, ofc.

Take normal (522) pieces as a example:

Tortos:
    504 crit
    336 reforged stat (if needed)
    866 haste

vs

Tier:
    416 Hit
    692 Mastery
    916 haste
    If you got the tier shoulder token then the Ret shoulders are better: (Unless you want the 2/4P)

At 522:
    597 Expertise
    448 Mastery
    940 Haste (2x320 + 300)

At 535 with 2/2:
    743 Exp
    557 Mastery
    1010 Haste

Unless you don't need more exp somehow, or value crit > exp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    If you have the money, buy it. Its good. There are not that many rings out there that are better than the ring you're about to buy (raden, primordius hc, maybe primo nhc). Since you don't seem to have the option to run ToT Normal, its a no-brainer.
    Yeah I won't get Ra'den access before SoO. No chance. That's why I upgraded my VP ring which is one of the 2 BiS items alongside primordius. I might be able to run normal ToT I really don't know but for maybe 20k... throw 20k to the wind tbh. Not convinced that 50 odd haste is worth 400stam and 300 strength and 600 dodge :P
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

If you had a real Primo ring, I'd say keep that. But 502 -> 535 is fine to pick up a piece that's not ideally itemized. The pure stats alone offset the small loss in haste.

As for the "mythical shoulders of wtfever", I didn't include them in the discussion since they don't exist and are in no way reliably attainable. If you get them, great, they're obviously good, but I don't advise anyone to start burning coins trying to snag them. All of those shared boss loots that supposedly exist are the same story, and in 10M you hardly ever/never see them.

That said, I DID coin a HC BoRis, and we got a HC TF bow drop a few weeks back, but those are literally the only 2 we've seen since week 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I don't advise anyone to start burning coins trying to snag them.
    I'm a mount-whore (although, very unlucky one as I broke 200 mounts on wednesday only) so I burn 2 coins weekly on Horridon and Ji-Kun anyway. I also had HC TF parry/exp shoulders drop from coin when I was hunting for 1-hander on bonus rolls. That said, I've yet to see any decent 2hander from bonus rolls. We had exactly one drop of Heroic Greatsword of Frozen Hells and ofc I lost the roll on it to a warrior. Most of our melee dps got their weapons from bonus rolls too. Two of them got HC TF Bo-ris, and our DK tank hates them with passion, since he's stuck with TF Axe from LS.

Deleted
    I'm a mount-whore (although, very unlucky one as I broke 200 mounts on wednesday only) so I burn 2 coins weekly on Horridon and Ji-Kun anyway. I also had HC TF parry/exp shoulders drop from coin when I was hunting for 1-hander on bonus rolls. That said, I've yet to see any decent 2hander from bonus rolls. We had exactly one drop of Heroic Greatsword of Frozen Hells and ofc I lost the roll on it to a warrior. Most of our melee dps got their weapons from bonus rolls too. Two of them got HC TF Bo-ris, and our DK tank hates them with passion, since he's stuck with TF Axe from LS.
    I was so pissed when I burned a coin on animus first week we killed him, "LOOT!", only to recieve the pet. "Wtf is this shit, I cant equip it on my head or chest."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I was so pissed when I burned a coin on animus first week we killed him, "LOOT!", only to recieve the pet. "Wtf is this shit, I cant equip it on my head or chest."
    Oh, good thing then, didn't know the pets could be coined. I want pets from Horridon/Ji-Kun too, so that gives me even more initiative to burn coins there.
    Also, we've yet to see a single pet drop in Throne, except for Living Sandlings on trash. Is droprate really THAT horrible or we are having retarded luck?

Deleted
    Oh, good thing then, didn't know the pets could be coined. I want pets from Horridon/Ji-Kun too, so that gives me even more initiative to burn coins there.
    Also, we've yet to see a single pet drop in Throne, except for Living Sandlings on trash. Is droprate really THAT horrible or we are having retarded luck?
    I have seen 1 pet drop, it was this week, horridon pet, I got it

You can also get the pets in LFR from the regular LFR loot. A friend got the DA pet like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had 2 horridon mounts and 1 Primordius pet drop in raid i was lucky to get second horridon mount The primordius pet shocked me tho, apperently its rare drop from heroic/normal only.
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Ring stuff
    Let me get this straight... You have a 489 and a 502 currently, and are considering replacing the 502 with a 535 but not the 489?

Is there any reason you're willing to give up 552 stamina, 288 strength, 234 haste, and a gem socket? Compare

edit: Looking at your armory, I see the VP ring and the 489. Yeah, go ahead and replace the 489 with the 535 Durumu ring. Even if the ring was a dodge/parry ring, the additional 46 ilvls would make it better by the other stats that are available on it. Also, the "best" two rings pre-raden are durumu+primo.
    Last edited by Promdates; 2013-08-09 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Let me get this straight... You have a 489 and a 502 currently, and are considering replacing the 502 with a 535 but not the 489?

edit: Looking at your armory, I see the VP ring and the 489. Yeah, go ahead and replace the 489 with the 535 Durumu ring. Even if the ring was a dodge/parry ring, the additional 46 ilvls would make it better by the other stats that are available on it. Also, the "best" two rings pre-raden are durumu+primo.
    Ummm not quite. I have a 489 and a 530. Considering replacing 489 with 535 despite the fact it's not a haste piece, and despite the fact that if I'm very very lucky I could get a 502 haste piece from LFR but I'm not banking on it.

And you sure? I would've thought (assuming they're all the same ilvl, so doing some real raiding as opposed to what I'm doing unfortunately) it'd be Valor ring + Primordius because the valor ring upgraded looks superior to the Durumu ring, assuming the hit isn't required?

I dont know if im just being bad but i find that holding aggro on trash pulls is difficult without the vengeance. I am using a 502 weapon so it aint that bad. But i dont want to switch from seal of insight just for that or should i ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Ummm not quite. I have a 489 and a 530. Considering replacing 489 with 535 despite the fact it's not a haste piece, and despite the fact that if I'm very very lucky I could get a 502 haste piece from LFR but I'm not banking on it.

And you sure? I would've thought (assuming they're all the same ilvl, so doing some real raiding as opposed to what I'm doing unfortunately) it'd be Valor ring + Primordius because the valor ring upgraded looks superior to the Durumu ring, assuming the hit isn't required?
    Valor ring has no socket