Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I got a question, the tank demon form, infuses the player with fel energy. So does one of the cooldowns (Call of Chaos).

On a lore stand point, would it not be assumed that the player would not be able to wield the power of fel energy, without going insane like Illidan? I mean, wasn't it because of the fel energy he got corrupted?
    Would it not be assumed that a players trainers would think it would not be wise to wield fel energy, or infuse one self with the power of fel energy?

(I know warlocks got green fire, but that came from begging several years, not an actual lore standpoint, and frankly I still think it seems impossible a player warlock (we're not almighty like... WILFRED FIZZLEBANG!! Or other mighty(mightier!) warlocks in Azeroth).
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

The Demon Hunter class is one of the very few things that would motivate me to buy the next expansion. From the number of game mechanics that the devs have picked up and discarded over the last 8 years, I'm sure there are a couple dozen that could be cherry-picked and duct-taped together into the Demon Hunter class.

Not the D3 Demon Hunters, either.

Deleted
    I never get why people want more and more calsses in game when wow doesnt need anymore clases alredy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    I got a question, the tank demon form, infuses the player with fel energy. So does one of the cooldowns (Call of Chaos).

On a lore stand point, would it not be assumed that the player would not be able to wield the power of fel energy, without going insane like Illidan? I mean, wasn't it because of the fel energy he got corrupted?
    Would it not be assumed that a players trainers would think it would not be wise to wield fel energy, or infuse one self with the power of fel energy?

(I know warlocks got green fire, but that came from begging several years, not an actual lore standpoint, and frankly I still think it seems impossible a player warlock (we're not almighty like... WILFRED FIZZLEBANG!! Or other mighty(mightier!) warlocks in Azeroth).
    Insanity? No. With Fel, you technically do not go insane, rather you become easily accessible to the legions biddings. The only one that actually went insane from this is Mediv and this is because he also housed sargaras

The theory behind Illidans insanity is through being slashed with Frostmourne. Prior to this event, he was the same antihero illidan, post this event, he some how went bat shit insane. The corruption does want you to become greedy for more power, which is the reason I based the resources around that, a thirst for magic, but able to control it. You are soaking in the essences of fallen demons to become this monstrosity, rather than infusing a skull of guldan, or knowing the names of all the demons (veras)

The call of chaos cooldown, while being a simple cooldown to have 2 mechanics ready at the start of the fight and during off cd, is simply calling the essences of chaos from the nether, and using it. Unlike warlocks, where they hold the Essence of fel inside of them over time, corrupting their inner self, hence green fire, in this, you use it as an outward appearance, consuming the essence rather than keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Though, your story is a nice story in itself, maiev has become evil off game in Wolfheart. Her character, if Wolfheart had not happened, and something similar actually happened to force her transformation as such a thing, would exile herself if not straight kill herself. She has hated everything to do with Demon Hunters since War of the Ancients, not to mention jailing the most famous of them all, only to watch her friends "die" to him. She hates everything about Illidan, and her becoming one, is I am just afraid to say Impossible.

Even though I am for... some... love quadrangle like this =P

The picture is actually of Illidan battling Arthas, at the end of the Frozen Throne; but the artist depicted both Illidan and Arthas as female, with little clothing. I simply chose this picture, as their are no Female Metas or corrupted forms, with this showing another difference between dhs and locks, with it being Up front and center to see offbalance the view of the reader between locks and dhs. The picture is simply a stimulation to that view. And it is how I would like female dhs to look in tank form

And ty Sukhoi
    I did not read Wolfheart. Thank you for the insight.

I enjoyed reading through your concept.