10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I don't get the entire "you have to vote for x and y cuz the country depends on you". As long as you don't bitch about politics and such you are free to not vote if you wish too.
    ...because the entire point of electable leaders/government officials, or whatever is that people actually elect them. If say, a candidate was NOT well liked by most people, but those people don't vote because "it doesn't matter" or "I'm lazy" or "I don't actually care" it's very likely that the candidate that is not well liked by most will get voted in. The government is supposed to be elected by the vote of ALL the people, of all demographics, and if some demographics don't vote, the government is not elected by the people, but rather the select groups who bothered to vote, which will likely lead to less effective leaders. That's not a great explanation, but I don't really know how to explain it, and I'm too tired and lazy to make a decent hypothetical and explanation.

They can choose not to vote, but I'd still prefer people DO vote.

- - - Updated - - -

^^ I'm never going to FORCE anyone to vote (and not just because that's illegal), but I will encourage them.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    That's pretty cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    ...because the entire point of electable leaders/government officials, or whatever is that people actually elect them. If say, a candidate was NOT well liked by most people, but those people don't vote because "it doesn't matter" or "I'm lazy" or "I don't actually care" it's very likely that the candidate that is not well liked by most will get voted in. The government is supposed to be elected by the vote of ALL the people, of all demographics, and if some demographics don't vote, the government is not elected by the people, but rather the select groups who bothered to vote, which will likely lead to less effective leaders. That's not a great explanation, but I don't really know how to explain it, and I'm too tired and lazy to make a decent hypothetical and explanation.

They can choose not to vote, but I'd still prefer people DO vote.

- - - Updated - - -

^^ I'm never going to FORCE anyone to vote (and not just because that's illegal), but I will encourage them.
    But if you dont care about politics then why care? But yes if you do care about politics you should obviously vote and make a difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    But if you dont care about politics then why care? But yes if you do care about politics you should obviously vote and make a difference
    Everyone should care about politics, at least, for major elections and stuff. Regardless of whether you care who is elected could and probably will have an effect on you. If say, we're living a country that has one person who makes all the decisions and has no checks and no one to go through (no congress) and for some reason that doesn't actually exist but does for this hypothetical, that person is elected every 5 years. If you don't care about politics and just keep to yourself, never do anything illegal, and suddenly, one of the people who is elected is a crazy bastard who goes around and murders people who eat bread, and you eat bread, that affects you, regardless of whether or not you "cared" about politics. The only way for the people to avoid voting in this really weird guy who murders people who eats bread is to elect someone else who won't murder you for eating bread, and that won't happen if only a select few people vote.

In this situation, let's say 60% of the people love to eat bread, and the other 40% don't like people who eat bread. If the 60% doesn't vote, the 40% will vote in the weird guy who will murder you for eating bread. If the 60% had voted, the outcome would be different and someone else would be in power.

- - - Updated - - -

That only sort of made sense, but I'm tired and rushed, so that's the best argument you're getting from me.

Something.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    That's pretty cool.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Haiiiii

North Canada is only snow anyway, pOO.

I am so so tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Haiiiii

North Canada is only snow anyway, pOO.

I am so so tired.
    If you clicked the link you would understand what I meant

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's all move to Warm Canada, that sounds nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I didn't understand it until I stopped looking at the actual picture.

Something.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted.

Something.

Deleted
    Miss me? Ofcourse not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Everyone should care about politics, at least, for major elections and stuff. Regardless of whether you care who is elected could and probably will have an effect on you. If say, we're living a country that has one person who makes all the decisions and has no checks and no one to go through (no congress) and for some reason that doesn't actually exist but does for this hypothetical, that person is elected every 5 years. If you don't care about politics and just keep to yourself, never do anything illegal, and suddenly, one of the people who is elected is a crazy bastard who goes around and murders people who eat bread, and you eat bread, that affects you, regardless of whether or not you "cared" about politics. The only way for the people to avoid voting in this really weird guy who murders people who eats bread is to elect someone else who won't murder you for eating bread, and that won't happen if only a select few people vote.

In this situation, let's say 60% of the people love to eat bread, and the other 40% don't like people who eat bread. If the 60% doesn't vote, the 40% will vote in the weird guy who will murder you for eating bread. If the 60% had voted, the outcome would be different and someone else would be in power.

- - - Updated - - -

That only sort of made sense, but I'm tired and rushed, so that's the best argument you're getting from me.
    Everyone should, but far from everyone does.