Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    So with my Frost DK, I finaly got up to this quest.
    And boooyyy... Im considering this as almost imposible for me.
    Seriously, couldn't even get Wrathion down to 50% hp. Its those damn Tear Blobs, I swear, I just got hammered by them.
    I could manage to adjust and avoid everything else with some effort, but those Tears just have way too much Hp... seriously. I try and kite them as much as I can, but I just end up taking too long to kill them and Wrathion would go into his Mirrior Images, and I would get killed because I cant kill the Tears and the Images at once.

So after 13 tries, and many searching, I gave up and decided to do the Tank Challenge with my Offspec Tanking Gear.
    Funny thing was, completed the Tank Challenge, first try. Most of my Tank gear was lfr 502, compared to my dps gear, which is almost full 522 (also upgraded) gear. Tanking Challenge is a walk in the park to the Dps Challenge.
    I look at as much strategy on the dps challenge as I could, by those tears is the only thing that forces you to have better gear or a high amount of dps to kill. Also the fact that I won the Tank Challenge first try, by simply using my aggro abilities and Death Strike. This is why I think it needs to be nerfed.
    I'll tell you what i did:
    Unholy spec, Unholy Blight, Lichborne, Death's Advance, Death Siphon, Blood Tap, Remorseless Winter.

One by one, Unholy blight helps with keeping dots on all the elementals that spawn. Lichborne helps keep you alive. Death's advance is really crucial with avoiding the prince's ground cleave attacks and with kiting the elementals. Death Siphon helps with healing you while kiting and at the same time doing damage to the adds. And last the Remorseless Winter talent will give you more breathing windows/DPS opportunities on the prince, for 6 seconds you can go behind him and bring down the hammer.

The images are the easiest part as a deathknight, because of Blood Boil, Death and Decay, Anti-Magic Shell.

I have to say this: on my deathknight, the blessing challenge was the easiest of all of my 5 toons i did this quest on. It's as if every spell and ability deathknights have was specifically tailored for this quest alone. It's ridiculous, and it was a walk in the park. I did the DPS challenge on my deathknight, mage, rogue and hunter, and if i were to rate the difficulty of the quest based on class it from hardest to easiest, it would look something like this:
    1.Rogue, 1 try, 1 kill.
    2.Mage, 1 try, 1 kill
    3.Hunter, 1 shot
    4.Deathknight, 1 shot.

The legendary quest doesn't need any nerfs, in fact i would have wanted a harder quest line, and by that i don't mean more RNG droprates from raids.

Edit: i forgot to mention the ease with which you can manipulate the fight as a deathknight by using strangulate and death grip. You shave off precious seconds when the adds are all dead by gripping the prince and bringing him to where you want him to be, or if the adds are up, and you are in a tight spot with the prince's cleave attacks, you can interrupt him again, or grip him away from the adds, not to mention that he will be unable to get a single cast off because of strangulate/death grip interrupting.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2013-08-20 at 12:27 PM.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Imagine the QQ if the healer or tank version were much harder than the dps version.

10+ Year Old Account
    for those melee out there what i did was : ( im a warrior ) you start hit as much as you can the when the first set of bubbles come kill em quick but dont use damage cds only a defensive cd a minor one if you kill em fast you will have a lot of time to hit wrathion now heres the trick the i find out . you need to keep wrathion at all times close to you if you do this he will jump real close giving you enough time to get on his back and buff you damage then the 2 set of bubbles come kill em with damage cds and if you have defensive cd on that moment use em again wrathion must be close to you all the time when bubbles come wait till they get close to you and then kill em that way you wont be too far from wrathion when the 2 set of adds come pop everything you got theyll die real fast and phase two comes in this stage is real easy just blow you best aoe on the biggest pile of copies youll likely hit the real one this way wrathion will pop 3 waves of copies and there you go cloak ilevel 600 on pocket . another reason why is important to keep wrathion close to you its because yo can easily interrupt one of his skill this way. hope this can help you defeat the challenge ( sorry for my english not english talking person just trying to help )
    Last edited by MORGATH99; 2013-08-11 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i finished it as a feral druid in only 507 ilvl. it took me a few tries to get the oozes down but other than that its nothing too bad.

all you really need to make sure of is that you burst the oozes down ASAP. the ONLY time anything takes priority over them is when wrathion splits into clones. i tried out mass entanglement to CC the oozes but that didnt work out as well as it could have so i went with faerie swarm for the slow.

as long as you can keep some form of pressure on wrathion a good amount of the fight he shold go down pretty easily. it also helps to walk away for a little if you are having trouble. i wiped probably 6 times the first day and came back and 2 shot it 2 days later.
    Last edited by Littleraven; 2013-08-11 at 12:03 PM.

I did it on the second try.

It should be challenging, because it's legendary quest.

IF all melee have something like rogue's crippling poison then this was easy. W/O crippling poison this was a serious pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    IF all melee have something like rogue's crippling poison then this was easy. W/O crippling poison this was a serious pain in the ass.
    I did it with Leeching poison, Shiv and Recuperate really saved my ass many times in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Spec unholy.
    Attack wrathion as much as possible, getting strong diseases all over his face.
    Use chilblains to kite the bloods and conversion for the heals when needed.
    Rolling blood spread diseases between bloods/wrathion/mirror images.
    Interrupt "Blood of the Deathborn" to stop the void zones.

Doesn't need a nerf.
    Agreed, I died once the first time as ret at 2%, then next shot was easy peasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Imagine the QQ if the healer or tank version were much harder than the dps version.
    Considering the previous one, for the meta, was much harder from a healer PoV (and a complete joke as DPS), I think it's fairly obvious that they balanced it easier for healers for a reason.

Deleted
    needed not but welcomed yes, this game isn't meant for solo stuff, so some classes have a very hard time killing this guy depending on their class/spec i didn't even bother to try, i facerolled the tank one at first try instead of wasting time doing the dps one.
    and considering that out of 4 challenges 3 were easy as fuck, well i don't see why only the melee should have been harded.

I haven't even bothered with it yet I'm in BIS at mo so I'm in no rush but there is always those few posters that say they did it first time with out even thinking about it lol elitists really make me laugh.

this fight is really class dependant
    wrathion has 100proc dmg taken debuff from behind
    as a demo lock i used 2 stuns at start of the fight to apply powered doom ect and bursted it down in 30sec (530il at that time)
    and with my shadow priest it took me almost 3min becouse of no stun and constant movment (536il)
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I did it on the second try.

It should be challenging, because it's legendary quest.
    It should be challenging, but doing the CASTER DPS as a HUNTER, with no Celestial bonus (Intelect for Hunters) and the discrepancy between our CDs and Wrathion's (Blizzard "forgot" they made our CDs LONGER, and left Wrathion to be defeated with our OLD ones), makes painfully clear that they made it with laziness.

Usually I'm the last one to call Blizz lazy, but this fight is incredibly bad.

Did it on 1st try. Was woefully easy.

They should of made it harder, the mechanics should 1 shot you. Even if they did, it would still be easy. If you've played this game even semi conciously up to this point you'll have no problem doing something as simple as aoeing some adds and avoiding arcing slice attack. If you are unable to do this, delete your legendary quest and never pick it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    It should be challenging, but doing the CASTER DPS as a HUNTER, with no Celestial bonus (Intelect for Hunters) and the discrepancy between our CDs and Wrathion's (Blizzard "forgot" they made our CDs LONGER, and left Wrathion to be defeated with our OLD ones), makes painfully clear that they made it with laziness.

O.O
    Hunters have feign death.. this should make it so much easier for you guys.

I did it as a moonkin in ilevel 505 gear and didn't have the int buff, feign death + balcony = win , no?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I did it with Leeching poison, Shiv and Recuperate really saved my ass many times in this fight.
    I went with crippling poison and Shurekien toss and deadly throw. Once the slimes were slow and not part of the equation it really became easy. Also, my first few attempts i didn't know you could stun him... lol that also made it kinda easy. Running into it blind was stupid and made it seem harder than it really was. Once I changed those two strats it was so much easier it was a face-palm moment.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-08-11 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Feral/guardian druid here. I thought the tanking challenge was more difficult than the melee dps challenge.
    It's the opposite for me. Tank was cake walk compared to DPS.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Nerf? Double HP/damage of everything on those challenges and then consider buffing them some more.

And that's for starters. Hell i could semi-AFK my way on monk (both heal and tank), mage, hunter, shaman (both ele and resto) and 2 of them have NEVER step inside ToT except for RF.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post

Dude Hunters literally run around in a circle and mash their rotation. Hunters doing the RDPS challenge is probably the easiest of all classes doing any challenges. I did it on first try with no flasks/pots/food and a 520 ilvl and no knowledge of what was going to happen.

We can move non stop while doing 100% DPS. It's the most unique thing about our class. Learn to use it.

Did the melee DPS one as a 517 ilevel Ret Paladin (LFR 4pc, H Scenario weapon, Valor gear filling out all other applicable slots). It was not easy, but I did it.

I did try the tank one, but given how much lower my Prot gear is (like 495), it wasn't happening. Literally, think of every single possible skill in your spell book for your class and spec, you can potentially find a use.

I outright blocked Wrathion's attempts to mirror image on me. I got lucky and broke the first one fast. I used Hammer of Justice on the second one as he cast, and then Blinding Light on the third one. Image phase resolved.

It is a skill check right now. If you struggle now, just wait til 5.4, get some more gear, and come back. Since the Timeless Coins needed to finish the quest are currency used on the Timeless Isle anyways, you can bank them up in advance, not a big deal.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.