Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's just bad wordsmithing, but it sounds like SEF buff in conjunction to the mastery change is the cooldown he is talking about. You will see bigger numbers if you throw out SEFs before popping TEB.
    But that doesn't make any sense. I think he just missed the fact that SEF is not on a cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Whoops you're correct. Ascension still beats buffed Chi Brew.
    Not necessarily. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Bb3BrckE#gid=0

I think in the current iteration, they're realistically equal and each should be taken when appropriate, rather than focusing on one. Chi Brew will work well on short fights and anything with downtime (fights similar to Lei Shen), while Ascension will probably come ahead in most other situations.
    Last edited by Frogged; 2013-08-12 at 11:19 PM.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    But that doesn't make any sense. I think he just missed the fact that SEF is not on a cooldown.
    I just hope his post does not imply there will be no further tweaking to our dps, as he came across a bit... final.

Unless I can provide a significant higher dps than say, a rogue, I'll be following the progression from the bench the next tier

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    I just hope his post does not imply there will be no further tweaking to our dps, as he came across a bit... final.

Unless I can provide a significant higher dps than say, a rogue, I'll be following the progression from the bench the next tier
    Oh don't worry about that, our numbers will be tweaked, worry about those tweaks being positiv or negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrados View Post
    Oh don't worry about that, our numbers will be tweaked, worry about those tweaks being positiv or negative.
    I'd rather have the current dps tuning (seems alright) and get us some utility. I'm still dreaming of a Zen Med revamp like this:

"Reduces all damage taken by 90% and redirects 10% of the damage your party and raid members within 15 yards take to you. Lasts 8 sec. When this effect ends in any way, your healing and damage will be amplified by 100% for the duration Zen Meditation was channeled.

Being the victim of a melee attack will break your meditation, cancelling the effect."

- This is similar-ish to the current Zen Med without being used almost exclusively as a personal cd.
    - Unique type of spell, while not too 'out of the box'.
    - Has monk flavor: After an intense moment of peaceful focus/meditation you come bursting out of the gates with extra power.
    - Still breaks on melee attacks, so would require planning for BrMs.
    - Still channeled, so not ideal for MW's who have revivals as their main intended raid cd.
    - The damage bonus makes up for the time channeled for WW's. Probably still a small dps loss but nothing major if used right.

Unless i'm missing something this wouldn't be extremely overpowered and in line with other raid cds, give high end progression guilds a reason to take the player, not the smokebo... class, and make the ability actually useful outside of the personal cd.

Deleted
    Try and not base too much of Flex testing as we don't scale with gear as much as say Mages, Warlocks, Rogues etc.

Ummm, so T16 4pc takes a drastic nerf (how is it even worth anything now), RJW got the 60% nerf we were expecting, and TeB went back to 4 chi consumed?

Seriously, what the fuck are they doing? It's like they're a 4 year old that can't make up their mind.

TEB is back at 4 chi, the set bonuses got nerfed (t16 4p got to every 10 Teb stacks instead of every 4, 2p fgot changed to 40%). Sort of like it TBH, less relying on TEB is nice in my book and there will probably be other changes to compensate for it. Mastery got a buff as well to 2.5% every mastery point instead of 2% every 2.
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2013-08-13 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Pretty massive nerfs tbh.
    Can't wait to see someone with more knowledge to crunch dem numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say we've got a few more PTR builds until Blizzard are done with WW changes.

I'm guessing they want to lower the up-time on TeB so we aren't nearing 100% up-time and so that mastery doesn't cap at 7k or something crazy. Once they're happy with the uptime/generation they'll fiddle with other things to get DPS where they want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    TEB is back at 4 chi, the set bonuses got nerfed (t16 4p got to every 10 Teb stacks instead of every 4, 2p fgot changed to 40%). Sort of like it TBH, less relying on TEB is nice in my book and there will probably be other changes to compensate for it. Mastery got a buff as well to 2.5% every mastery point instead of 2% every 2.
    I'm fine with it IF WW finally sees the correct number tuning pass. Nothing in Blizzard's history this expansion makes me any bit confident they will get it right..

Honestly though, why on earth would anyone try to get the 4pc now - especially since it can't be thunderforged? I may be wrong - but I thought they were doing TF again this tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    I'd say we've got a few more PTR builds until Blizzard are done with WW changes.

I'm guessing they want to lower the up-time on TeB so we aren't nearing 100% up-time and so that mastery doesn't cap at 7k or something crazy. Once they're happy with the uptime/generation they'll fiddle with other things to get DPS where they want it.
    Why would they nerf the 4pc like that then? Moving to 4 chi, but, increasing mastery proc chance essentially acts as a minor nerf but makes us more RNG dependent. You know - the entire thing the spec was trying to get away from.

It just boggles my mind because it honestly seems like they have zero idea what they're doing, and mindlessly throwing darts at a dart board.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post

I love your optimism, but i highly doubt we will see more than 1 more PTR build before it is pushed to a release candidate (release candidates usually don't include massive tuning changes)

EDIT: I missed the T16 4P changes in my first pass... wth, we get 1 whole free chi for a full stack of TEB? Combined with the fact we'll be building TEB stacks a lot less faster, this makes the 4-set completely underwhelming.... (even less so than before). Essentially we will get 1 chi for free for every 40 we spend....
    Last edited by Callypso; 2013-08-13 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news: Legendary cloak procc AP coefficient get's nerfed. Proccs more often now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    I had warned everyone several weeks ago about the T15 4p nerf being a tooltip correction so hopefully people will not start bitching and moaning about that.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ece?p=21791526

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I had warned everyone several weeks ago about the T15 4p nerf being a tooltip correction so hopefully people will not start bitching and moaning about that.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ece?p=21791526
    We're talking about the T16 4-piece, which just got nerfed to 10 TeB for 1 Chi, a 60% reduction in effectiveness.

Let's wait and see if they even fixed the bugs on the WW 2 and 4 piece, cause in the last build, the 2pc was never adding 50% dmg to the tooltip nor in the damage numbers when Combo:Breaker activated. The 4 piece was giving inconsistent numbers when consuming brew stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    Let's wait and see if they even fixed the bugs on the WW 2 and 4 piece, cause in the last build, the 2pc was never adding 50% dmg to the tooltip nor in the damage numbers when Combo:Breaker activated. The 4 piece was giving inconsistent numbers when consuming brew stacks.
    How does that matter? Simple math shows that 40% or 50%, the 2P is not really impressive (~2% dps gain) even if it works perfectly (which you can assume will be fixed before live).

The 4 piece was inconsistent mainly because of the shift back from 30 --> 20 max stacks I reckon. Either way, consistent or not.... it is barely interesting now. Another way to read it would be "Spend 40 chi, get 1 free!" (or after accounting for mastery, something like "Spend 26 chi, get 1 free"). Far from impressive for the 4-set of the final tier, and miles away from the "spend 10 chi, get 1 free" it was before (and even that wasn't broken-ly OP or anything).

Either way, gratz to the other people on our token on less competition for loot if this stays this way?
    Last edited by Callypso; 2013-08-13 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    (which you can assume will be fixed before live).
    5.0-5.2 Chi Wave and 5.0-current Xuen say hi!

I will stand by my earlier assessment: Blizzard devs are clueless about the monk class as a whole.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I will stand by my earlier assessment: Blizzard devs are clueless about the monk class as a whole.
    Basically this.. If this is the final pass they are going to get a shit storm from all PvE windwalkers (imho).