Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    N'Zoth is also linked to the Emerald Nightmare so it is possible the next expac will include some Emerald Dream content that's been speculated about for years.

My vision for this expansion would be like this... A steampunk style game which involves many small islands like Undermine, Kul'Tiras, Zandalar, and many more which we can sail to with ships, like in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. There will be a few underwater zones as well, with the majority of them being under a giant dome which we could mount up and walk around, but we would swim to other spots. Ny'Alotha the old god city would make an appearence, as would the Naga and Queen Azshara. The Emerald Dream could be an in between raid teir with tons of new things added. I can see Ogres and another unknown race being added to the Alliance (NOT HIGH ELVES!!!) Perhaps a new class as well, but what class fits with a deep sea, steam punk expansion???? TINKER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    I don't think it will be a Diablo 3 expansion, they won't even mess with it until it hits consoles.
    Keep in mind that this is an announcement, we won't see this game until next spring/summer at the earliest. The Diablo 3 team essentially went silent since 1.0.8, hopefully it was because they were prepping this...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arag View Post
    For me it sounds like something in common with Azshara and her Nagas. Dark Below is term sometimes used for underwater.
    Jup, "The Dark Below" does not sound very diabolic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    Jup, "The Dark Below" does not sound very diabolic.
    It sounds extremely "diabolic," honestly. It's how Hell is often described. That said, I'm putting my vote on N'Zoth.

This certainly doesn't sound like anything Diabloish.
    There is a reference in one of the warcraft lore books, where 2 orc brothers ventured in some deep cavern underground, and awoke some ancient evil, then escaped barely. Can't remember what it was.

Ozumat, Fiend of the Dark Below.

SOUTH SEAS EXPANSION HERE WE COME! WOOOOOOOO~

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Since Illidan fused himself with the demonic powers he was no longer night elf. High demonic beings don't die as other beings do, when they are slain they are banished to the Twisting Nether instead. Their mortal being ceases to exist, yes. So if we go there we might find him with a golden halo on his head. Think Dragon Ball, when Goku was on the underworld tournament.
    Yea and Arthus was never supposed to killed lorewise either but it happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    It sounds extremely "diabolic," honestly. It's how Hell is often described. That said, I'm putting my vote on N'Zoth.
    What? I've never heard Hell described as a "dark below." There is not much room for darkness given everything is on fire. Methinks that is a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth92 View Post
    Every two years Blizzard trademarks the next WoW expansion around this time. This same thing happened with Cata and MoP. Lots of people tried to make arguments that they weren't the next expac but they were. If you think it's not, well a lot of us will be yelling "I told you so!" when they announce it, most likely at Blizzcon.

As for the content. I think most of you are grasping too much to bring in the Burning Legion. If you followed the Wrathion storyline well, it's strongly implied there's still a fair amount of time before the Legion arrives and Wrathion intends to use that time to try to prepare Azeroth.

The title suggests Old Gods and Abyssal Maw. All the Old Gods were buried and "darkness" beneath the land has been referenced many times when talking about the Old Gods. Considering Ozumat's name, the expansion probably revolves more specifically around N'Zoth. We'll see if more Old Gods appear but I believe the main villainous characters will be Azshara, Neptulon, and N'Zoth. I can see Azshara being the last boss in the patch before the final raid or being the second to last boss of the final raid, most likely ending with N'Zoth.

Something that happens with Azshara and/or N'Zoth will probably alert the Legion to our location, triggering the following expansion.
    I'm convinced. Probably the most logical post I've read about potential storylines today.

Everyone seems to assume Azshara would be associated with a Naga/South Seas storyline, or the Old Gods would be in their own lair, etc. However, it doesn't need to be as cut and dry as it was with Arthas/WOTLK... what if the Old Gods are being resurrected in the ancient depths of Azeroth and Azshara, who has been living there, has discovered the secret to do so? Tying multiple storylines together is always much more interesting...

Now, if they could just make Undermine and Kul Tiras, both on the edge of the precipice, the starting points for our journey into the Dark Below.....

Haha, releasing 5.4 same time as FFXIV's release is really smart.

too close to d3 expansion announcement to make it available to all public now. why spoil the surprise that close to gamescom? they could just file it openly just after the announcement instead. I'm going more for ra-den being the herald of the coming age, as he's sort of misplaced and missing a true connection to anything logical

10+ Year Old Account
    24 pages with "it is clearly WoW expansion" vs "it's clearly D3 expansion"

Could easily be for either game, so we will just have to wait and see. Gamescom soon, we might get new information then,

it's simple, it's the expansion to finish off the old gods before the final expansion with the burning legion and sargeras being the final final boss

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    I'm convinced. Probably the most logical post I've read about potential storylines today.

Everyone seems to assume Azshara would be associated with a Naga/South Seas storyline, or the Old Gods would be in their own lair, etc.
    They aren't going to release a "Dark Below" expansion without Azshara and the Naga. Your theory is nice but its convoluted and made up from your own imagination completely irrelevant to the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post
    Not the first time they've done it either. Not shocking in the least.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post
    Blizzard mostly release big patches and/or expansions to compete with any other mmo on the market. They´ve been doing that for ages now, so can´t really say it´s a surprise if you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post

Everyone seems to assume Azshara would be associated with a Naga/South Seas storyline, or the Old Gods would be in their own lair, etc. However, it doesn't need to be as cut and dry as it was with Arthas/WOTLK... what if the Old Gods are being resurrected in the ancient depths of Azeroth and Azshara, who has been living there, has discovered the secret to do so? Tying multiple storylines together is always much more interesting...

Now, if they could just make Undermine and Kul Tiras, both on the edge of the precipice, the starting points for our journey into the Dark Below.....
    Who knows. Everyone was convinced Cata was the Azshara/Naga expansion (or the name of Titan).

Quote Originally Posted by possibly1 View Post
    Ozumat, Fiend of the Dark Below.

SOUTH SEAS EXPANSION HERE WE COME! WOOOOOOOO~
    ^^ Yep, Ozumat is <Fiend of the Dark Below>. Dark Below is definitely a WoW thing. That looks about right.
    Last edited by Catrpillar; 2013-08-13 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdunka View Post
    Not the first time they've done it either. Not shocking in the least.
    Watch...expansion 5 release date will probably be same day ESO released in the Spring.