View Poll Results: Should Ghostcrawler be replaced as Lead Systems Designer?

Voters
2314. This poll is closed
  • Yes

526 22.73%
  • No

1,788 77.27%
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    all devs at GC's level be removed (which would be suicidal for Blizzard).
    I'd be happy to hear of a broad shake up of decision makers behind WoW. If WoW lost more subs as a result of bringing in a fresh team, then it'd be more like euthanasia than suicide, right? Seeing as WoW's current trend is toward demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstone View Post
    I'd be happy to hear of a broad shake up of decision makers behind WoW. If WoW lost more subs as a result of bringing in a fresh team, then it'd be more like euthanasia than suicide, right? Seeing as WoW's current trend is toward demise.
    It's still making quite a lot of money. So firing the entire upper dev team in a fit of pique would be an absurd move.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    ... and the inclusion of Flex Raiding seems like a cop out for lack of catch-up content.
    No, I would not scapegoat him the way you would. Also I flex raiding is not a cop out for lack of catch-up content. LFR has been. Flex is something that has been needed for a very long time, it will go a long way to solve logistics problems for f&f type raiding guilds.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You really can't point all the fingers at GC. The team at Blizzard is huge. There's different minds working on many options and objectives. I don't believe he will lose his position.

We're agreed that he isn't the only one to be held accountable. I wouldn't agree that there are "many" deciding the overall direction of the game. Being one of a handful of people responsible for decision making doesn't excuse him any more than the idea that WoW's decline was somehow inescapable.
    Click "credits" from the WoW login screen. GC's name is 13th on the list. Not first or second or third or even seventh... That's 13th down. Blaming him specifically for stuff that goes wrong with WoW is pretty damn retarded while there's whole lot of people above and on level with him doing the game design and decisions.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I can contradict your evidence by pointing that Rift is a different game, so it has in itself a lot more reason why to people wouldn't like to play it (I didn't, and I'm sold on TBC design for example).
    Funny how this logic seems to be a one-way street. When it comes to WoW, even the most idiotic, far-fetched, uneducated and baseless assumptions and causal fallacies are fiercly vindicated as fact. Now that someone mentioned Rift, all of a sudden it's that "oh, it's a different game" talk. BS. It's as much of a WoW clone as it could be.

Samely you can contradict my evidence about subscriptions growing until TBC by saying that it's more due to the fact that the market wasn't saturated at the time, yadda yadda, to which I can answer back that we don't know if the market is actually saturated, etc., etc.
    Yeah, you can do that, but it's just evasive smartass talk and pathetic denial of common sense at that point. Covering your ears and yelling AAH, I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Deleted
    GC/Blizz apologists out in full force.

GC/Blizz apologists out in full force.
    I didn't realize there was anything to apologize for, but I'll go ahead and bear that burden if it must be borne: On behalf of Ghostcrawler and Blizzard, they are sorry that the game does not conform to your personal preferences. Please accept their most humble apologies, but be aware that the expense of developing and maintaining a MMO requires that they attempt to suit the preferences of the most likely subscribers possible. They realize that even though your preferences are the most important aspect of the game for you, they might not go over so well with others. Thanks for understanding.

I might play again if they got rid of him. His healing comments were mainly what made me hate him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Will he? no
    Should he? no
    Is every "mistake" his fault? NO
    Stop bashing GC for stuff thats not even his fault
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Stop bashing GC for stuff thats not even his fault
    This forum is perfect example of how it's easier to take out the pitchforks and torches than stop to think for a minute.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he will not be fired. Regardless of what some people may think of the guy, I can actually see why he is in the leading position. Like it or not, his way of handling stuff in public as well as the production of the game is only good for the game. A part of his job is to make sure his team is keeping schedules as well as making sure that everything in regards to the development of the game runs smoothly, which is no easy task.

When you're in charge of several workers who are making projects of the scale his team is making, then it stands to reason that Greg is more capable than what some people give him credit for. If he was unable to have the responsibilities given to him he would have been fired a long, long time ago.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-08-13 at 11:16 PM.

Well, I don't want him to be fired. Its just like he should not develop games at all. His knowledge of his own freaking game is miserable; and, though he of course is not only one dev in Blizz, he is obviously one of the people who make decisions. And face the truth: the decisions are horrible. Game is nowhere near balanced. Class favouritism is at the highest level. Overpowered class stacking went over Sunwell level. PvP is shit. Couple this with the crap he's pumping at people in his freaking Twitter - and it becomes obvious that he should go.
    And I'm not blaming him for "not his" mistakes. Class balance is clearly his job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    personal preferences
    I've seen GC use that very tactic, i.e. accusing players who question the direction of the game of having a selfish view. Considering the unequivocal decline of World of Warcraft I don't think it's fair to dismiss dissenting voices on the basis that they're jerks who simply want their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I might play again if they got rid of him. His healing comments were mainly what made me hate him.
    I stopped making excuses for him after following the healing forums he commented in during beta testing for the last two xpacs. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I stopped making excuses for him after following the healing forums he commented in during beta testing for the last two xpacs. :P
    So let me get this straight... You whined for buffs and didn't get any, and because of that GC deserves to be fired?

That's a nice mature way to look at it.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    He's done more good then bad, keep it up GC.

Have a question too, do you ever think people will understand that Ghostcrawler isn´t alone in making the decisions about nerfs, buffs, changes to the game or what way it should take, he´s just 1 guy in a really big group of people but since he´s been picked to be the familier face that brings us the information somehow people think what he says goes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    i agree, his comments were rather crass.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Funny how this logic seems to be a one-way street. When it comes to WoW, even the most idiotic, far-fetched, uneducated and baseless assumptions and causal fallacies are fiercly vindicated as fact. Now that someone mentioned Rift, all of a sudden it's that "oh, it's a different game" talk. BS. It's as much of a WoW clone as it could be.
    Not liking another game is a logical fallacy ?
    Okay.
    So basically if I liked Half-Life, I necessarily like Call of Duty, and if I don't it's a logical fallacy.

/lol
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire
    Yeah, you can do that, but it's just evasive smartass talk and pathetic denial of common sense at that point. Covering your ears and yelling AAH, I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
    Thanks for proving my point about people only considering reasonable the arguments they are already wanting to be true.