Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

Why don't you guys believe The Dark Below was a real trademark anymore?

It's on a government site... and what? Now you won't believe any Blizzard trademark after they just trademarked Corgis Unleashed? What I am about to say is not a troll, so don't randomly in fracture me like you usually do. I believe Corbis Unleashed is probably a new kid's game or something. Who knows? Why disregard The Dark Below just because Blizzard also trademarked Corgis Unleashed? And to say that a government trademark site is easily editable and free/cheat means that you have no clue on how governments are run or any sense of the worth of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Corgis Unleashed was made up for fun:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-not-really%29

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

I still don't understand how it's a hoax.

Honestly I think we got too close and they're doing this to throw us off.

We'll know in a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I still don't understand how it's a hoax.

Honestly I think we got too close and they're doing this to throw us off.

We'll know in a few months.
    Lol, its pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Lol, its pretty obvious.
    lol, no it's not. ANYONE could have registered corgis unleashed.

As I was trying to say in another thread after this was closed (and revived? O_o)...

I ask why we think that the Dark Below as that makes the assumption that people can just say "Here's $200, trademark Corgi's Unleashed in Blizzard's name". No government organization would accept that. You can't trademark for people or there would be a lot of people trademarking offensive material for companies they hate. I personally think it's silly to disregard the Dark Below just because Blizzard now trademarked something that you don't like (Corgi's Unleashed: probably a kid's game).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    and ANYONE could have registered the Dark Below.... same situation

Apparently the original news was too subtle, the "Corgis Unleashed" trademark was registered this morning for fun, as it turns out, there is absolutely no check and anyone can register something under Blizzard's name. This is an application, not a confirmation, you don't even need to pay the $275 application fee.
    From the front page, seemingly thats reason. I dunno either way I don't know how this stuff works

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    It's in Blizzard's name. Does that mean I could trademark "Hot Sexy Nude Dogs" in Blizzard's name?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    As I was trying to say in another thread after this was closed (and revived? O_o)...

I ask why we think that the Dark Below as that makes the assumption that people can just say "Here's $200, trademark Corgi's Unleashed in Blizzard's name". No government organization would accept that. You can't trademark for people or there would be a lot of people trademarking offensive material for companies they hate. I personally think it's silly to disregard the Dark Below just because Blizzard now trademarked something that you don't like (Corgi's Unleashed: probably a kid's game).
    Blizzard has no control over anything we print. Jesus.

As well, you don't have to pay anything to set up the application. Did you even read the news post?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why I think it's a hoax because, the title of the expansion isn't compelling. Do you really want an expansion to be called, "The Dark Below?" Doesn't seem catchy to me.

To make this easy to understand:
    1) Anyone can file an application in anyone's name
    2) It hasn't appeared on an official trademark site as confirmed

Feel free to copy/paste this everywhere
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's in Blizzard's name. Does that mean I could trademark "Hot Sexy Nude Dogs" in Blizzard's name?
    Pretty much

10+ Year Old Account
    yes you could
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account

Is MMO-Champion being told to shut up by Blizzard? I asked a simple question and not only did I not get an answer to what I proposed, but I got closed for no apparent reason. I asked why we think that the Dark Below as that makes the assumption that people can just say "Here's $200, trademark Corgi's Unleashed in Blizzard's name". No government organization would accept that. You can't trademark for people or there would be a lot of people trademarking offensive material for companies they hate. I personally think it's silly to disregard the Dark Below just because Blizzard now trademarked something that you don't like (Corgi's Unleashed: probably a kid's game).

Can anyone explain why my thread was closed? What did I say offensive? Did I break the rules? This is a real question.
    Actually, there was no offence. The mods just been closing everything "The Dark Below" related. Could it be a hoax? sure. Could it be the real expansion? Yes. Could it be a Dummy name, as they trademark 3 more names to throw us all off? yes.

But the act of closing all the threads simply leads to more speculation that "The Dark Below" is the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

obviously to throw us off the scent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    To make this easy to understand:
    1) Anyone can file an application in anyone's name
    2) It hasn't appeared on an official trademark site as confirmed

Feel free to copy/paste this everywhere
    These

but i still want it to be official

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, we said the same thing about Mists of Pandaria. How soon you forget. We hated that name too. The name of the expansion will never be pleasing to everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    so who made the corgi trademark? if not blizzard has anyone owned up to it yet? lol
    dragonmaw - EU

If it's not real, I'm glad. Burning Legion here we come!