"Might seem cheap" = blocking a whole football goal with a bus? That seems like a whole different kind of cheap to me. Like a "why was that even allowed"-kind of cheap.

I mean, if they didn't wanna deal with that boring-ass Pudge+Chen combo, they coulda just banned Pudge, because Na'Vi is the only pro team to play him anyway. But nope, they just let Pudge through and faced #dotamechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    "Might seem cheap" = blocking a whole football goal with a bus? That seems like a whole different kind of cheap to me. Like a "why was that even allowed"-kind of cheap.

I mean, if they didn't wanna deal with that boring-ass Pudge+Chen combo, they coulda just banned Pudge, because Na'Vi is the only pro team to play him anyway. But nope, they just let Pudge through and faced #dotamechanics.
    It's just a saying for playing defensively, or turtling. ;P

What I'm getting at though is that while something can be boring or less entertaining it's not inherently wrong because if you are a professional and if e-sports is a professional sport then what counts is the wins, as long as you don't break any rules it's all good.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

winning dota never was about kills or lanes or combos or items or gold or experience

it was about defending your god damn ancient and destroying the enemies' ancient

cheese strats my ass

I was just commenting on that football thing.

While I think the Pudge+Chen combo is boring, I can't fault people for wanting to win, just as long as it's within the mechanics of the game.

Blocking a football goal with a bus would be like... blocking the minimap of the other team from view or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I was just commenting on that football thing.

While I think the Pudge+Chen combo is boring, I can't fault people for wanting to win, just as long as it's within the mechanics of the game.

Blocking a football goal with a bus would be like... blocking the minimap of the other team from view or something.
    Have a guy who will break into their both and crush their keyboards right in a second before teamfight. Outplayed scrubs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

straight up i think chen+pudge is cheesy as hell but i still think it's more exciting to watch than when alliance drafts kotl+PL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    straight up i think chen+pudge is cheesy as hell but i still think it's more exciting to watch than when alliance drafts kotl+PL
    I always thought that it has high chance to backfire. Like, missed hook and flew to home alone. 4v5 fight lost
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

True, Gandalf and Cancer Lancer is at least as cheesy/boring.

15+ Year Old Account
    PL needs a fix..
    any pug can farm and snowball...

I really don't think another hero can get out of hand as bad as he can..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    PL needs a fix..

I really don't think another hero can get out of hand as bad as he can..
    Get blademail/halbert and force BKB.
    Last time i played against PL was like 1 month ago, i played Omni and could easily make him useless by single use of halbert. My ult helped to survive his BKB and repel helps against mana purge.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-08-14 at 05:31 PM.

PL needs a fix..
    if you're talking pubs, talk about warlock

that shits beyond broken

KotL/PL isn't a hard lane to beat.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you're talking pubs, talk about warlock

that shits beyond broken
    Yeah, it's not fun to be wrecked by 0/11/0 warlock who keeps pushing, farming and dying but still being able to buy cheap items for agh+refresher to wreck your team with 4 golem worse-than-entagle-attack-proc

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    not about beating the lane

about beating the PL when you realize you didnt rax them at 20 min

Deleted
    Harder than most dual lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Harder than most dual lanes.
    That's odd, I don't really remember losing a 2v2 lane to them. Maybe if people soak all Illuminates, I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    warlock is too complex for the average dota2 player... I haven't seen one "picked" in 2 months

Deleted
    warlock is too complex for the average dota2 player... I haven't seen one "picked" in 2 months
    Press R, click ground is too complex for the average player? By that logic, I'm a pro.

Deleted
    That's odd, I don't really remember losing a 2v2 lane to them. Maybe if people soak all Illuminates, I guess.
    I'm sure all four of you had near equal skill and that the KotL/PL knew how to play a safe lane.

KotL/PL is also one of the worst combos in the pro scene with a win rate of 52%.