Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fneelis View Post
    Yea because the raid is gonna wait 30min for a Shaman to build up a Healing Rain that they later can't even move? Also this was done with Chain Lightning, how are you gonna stack it up like that without dummies...?
    I guess it could work with those dummies you can put yourself. That turnip and panda punching bags or whatever they were called. Have 5 people put theirs and chain on those. But yeah, not all that handy when you can't move, and building it up takes a tad too long.

Deleted
    Do you cry to get a nerf?

In what real situation does it matter? There are no two healing rains, so you can ahve only one. In PVE and PVP, you move a lot so having a static HR doesn't work.

We have to talk about real advantages, not crappy gimmicks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I guess it could work with those dummies you can put yourself. That turnip and panda punching bags or whatever they were called. Have 5 people put theirs and chain on those. But yeah, not all that handy when you can't move, and building it up takes a tad too long.
    There's no PVE/PVP situation where this works. On every boss, you have to replace HR again and again. At best very very few fights work like that and are mostly limited to melees only.

But then, why stack it? You get enough extra duration through doing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    Nice avatar name btw.

IMO, this isnt op, as it's impractical as hell. Logging out, dying, and recasting reset it. They'd nerf it simply because the duration looks funny. No sane raid would sit for that long for a small hot in one spot, and Id imagine it being way longer since theres nothing to spam chain lightning on, just chain heal. Still, Im sure someone would be creative enough to make it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    No point in nerfing it.....not like the whole raid stands in one spot the entire time.....raid moves around and so you will have to recast HR often.

The OP just make a comment about the possible nerf, why be so focused about it?

Anyway, I remember doing something like this with 4.2 Flame Shock/Fire Nova on Thunder Bluff's Dummys, was funny to se a 2 hours DoT.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

I rememeber seeing an error message added in the files about only being able to have one HR active at a time.
    Could someone confirm what happens when you when you try to cast another?
    1. Does it let you cast another? 2. Does the original one disspear if you can? 3. Does the duration carry over to the newly placed one?
    Or do you just get the error message and are stuck with whenever the 1st one was placed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ize View Post
    I rememeber seeing an error message added in the files about only being able to have one HR active at a time.
    Could someone confirm what happens when you when you try to cast another?
    1. Does it let you cast another? 2. Does the original one disspear if you can? 3. Does the duration carry over to the newly placed one?
    Or do you just get the error message and are stuck with whenever the 1st one was placed?
    u get a normal new one (let u cast and get normal duration)

Deleted
    Would be too nice if it were true. =(

Quote Originally Posted by fneelis View Post
    Yea because the raid is gonna wait 30min for a Shaman to build up a Healing Rain that they later can't even move? Also this was done with Chain Lightning, how are you gonna stack it up like that without dummies...?
    you can stack it with heals, no?

and weren't groups waiting for ankh CD on Raden, before they made it reset every wipe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    The OP just make a comment about the possible nerf, why be so focused about it?

Anyway, I remember doing something like this with 4.2 Flame Shock/Fire Nova on Thunder Bluff's Dummys, was funny to se a 2 hours DoT.
    And then go outside in orgrimmar and duel people for gold ... made some nice coin back then

Just incase you missed it, they changed it to last for a maximum of 40 seconds on the PTR... I was enjoying my single UL'd HR lasting for the entire boss fight on last week's PTR raid testing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenstar View Post
    Just incase you missed it, they changed it to last for a maximum of 40 seconds on the PTR... I was enjoying my single UL'd HR lasting for the entire boss fight on last week's PTR raid testing
    So you are saying there's a limit to how many times you can extend HR now? IE. you can only extend it 15 times (by 30s) and after that, the duration stops extending?
    Last edited by mmoc6748418b85; 2013-08-14 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    i think, it means the max duration is just 40s, so if it goe from 40s to 38s, the next cast will extend it again to 40s

Just checked it out, and it doesn't seem to work at all right now (i.e. the duration doesn't get increased). Also, the 2 seconds scale with haste:

The more haste you got, the less the duration increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Just checked it out, and it doesn't seem to work at all right now (i.e. the duration doesn't get increased). Also, the 2 seconds scale with haste:
    Okay, gonna ignore this talent completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santeka View Post
    i think, it means the max duration is just 40s, so if it goe from 40s to 38s, the next cast will extend it again to 40s
    Well it's not working on PTR, but it sounds more like 40 sec after you cast your healing rain, it simply disappears, no matter how much duration you stacked.

Deleted
    Glad they made that talent a non-choice again. Now I won't have to make tough choices and respec inbetween bosses.

It's funny how they reworked 2 talents that had some decent non-PvE use and made them even worse. The fact that both aren't even working correctly is quite telling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    The most 5.4 shaman changes turn out to be one freaking joke . 5.4 will be live at august 27th, right? They have so much more stuff to do...they should release it mid-september and actually work on those changes and not be like "let's change that a bit and see what happens".

Shrug. You still have to recast it to move. Considering it competes with other throughput talents, it has to provide a significant advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I don't even see the benefit from this on any fight other than Ultraxion. I honestly think this might be the worst talent in the game.
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Still time on the PTR to see how it ends up, just took a turn though. Such minimal benefit, however, I wouldn't say the absolute worst talent in the game.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-08-15 at 07:10 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature