Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if fake, that's a pretty damn cool one: the green embers really give it a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    You're talking about needing a new Anduin model if the 2-3 years pass in 5.5. Hell, most characters would need a new model for that to make sense. And given how novels are received, a novel explaining the huge time gap would not be well received.
    My character looks the same as he did 8 years ago.

I'm sure some child NPC looks the same as he/she was on release.

Meanwhile Garrosh has completely changed the way he looks about 20 times now...

Some continuity needs to be sacrificed for the sake of the gameplay mate...

And in any case, why couldn't they update Anduin's model in 5.5? They would still need to do that mid X5, since the 2/3 years need to pass during that time anyway... Anduin would really be one of the few who would "need" (really wouldn't) an update because he's very young, and 2 years can make a big difference in appearance. A 42 year old pretty much looks exactly the same as when he was 40.

I'd like to know where that video even came from. Has anyone found a skysunder video on youtube?

The logo seems really unique, I've compared it to previous logos, it's far from some cheap photoshop. The sparks, flames and design is unique. If it's a fake someone made it from scratch and put a tremendous amount of effort for a mere screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I was thinking the same. Blizz wouldn't need to upload anything to youtube for their employees to be able to view it.
    You're right. It would make a lot more sense to just render the video in After Effects and send it around to employees who need to see it via Dropbox. Still, that doesn't mean they wouldn't test on YouTube privately to make sure it's optimal quality before making it live. It's hard to say how each company handles it without knowing their internal procedures. Some might upload to a private YouTube channel and give the log-in information to everyone who needs access.

I would be willing to bet the Burdens of Shaohao were loaded privately months before going live.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-08-15 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I'd like to know where that video even came from. Has anyone found a skysunder video on youtube?

The logo seems really unique, I've compared it to previous logos, it's far from some cheap photoshop. The sparks, flames and design is unique. If it's a fake someone made it from scratch and put a tremendous amount of effort for a mere screenshot
    I usually put these off as fake, but the only reason I am not sure with this one is the attention to detail. There is a lot of attention detail in it for a fake video. Even if it is fake, it is a good fake.

These images are pretty epic fakes... they went through the trouble of not only photoshopping the wow youtube channel, but then taking a off-screen pic to add to the authenticity. But if they wanted people to truly believe, they would have taken a) more than one screen and b) taken a screen on something they couldn't easily photoshop, like some new in-game footage of a zone we've never seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Why would they be using youtube to upload all these videos that are several months away? Why wouldn't they be keeping this stuff in house?
    This. They most likely have an internal network, and can share things by means other than a public site such as youtube. Hence, why I am still leaning toward fake.

It looks awesome, I'm hoping it's actually not a fake..

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    WoW release = Nov '04
    BC release = Jan '07
    WotLK release = Nov '08
    Cata release = Dec '10
    MoP release = Sept '12

So it has been pretty much two years for each expansion. Usually about 22 - 24 months. So I would expect a Sept '14 release at the earliest. Unless they change their pattern after 10 years.
    10 gold on

Rise of the Legion = dec 13 (no patch 5.5 / 5.5 = the pre-patch where we get invaded and the actual expansion comes jan / feb 14)

I base this on the fact that they've sped up the frequency of patches, and I'm pretty sure that's going to carry over into the frequency of expansions.
    additionally, If the next expac is going to be the legion invading, I think it's actually going to be a full scale invasion, taking everyone unawares, both the npc's and the players. Think launch a couple of weeks - a month after an announcement at Blizzcon.

ALTERNATIVELY
    The Dark below = march-april 14

I kind of doubt they will do a legion expansion so soon, and that the next expansion is probably going to be about Azshara (well, we can hope it's http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=1#post9831449)
    3 months of siege, 2-3 months of 5.5, then expac.
    I've no idea what to write here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring whether or not it is fake, 'The Skysunder' is a shitty name for a patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW release = Nov '04
    BC release = Jan '07
    WotLK release = Nov '08
    Cata release = Dec '10
    MoP release = Sept '12

So it has been pretty much two years for each expansion. Usually about 22 - 24 months. So I would expect a Sept '14 release at the earliest. Unless they change their pattern after 10 years.
    But didn't Blizz say they're pumping out expansions faster now..?

Quote Originally Posted by pr0digy View Post
    But didn't Blizz say they're pumping out expansions faster now..?
    They have been saying that since BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have been saying that since BC.
    Don't remember where I read it but I think it was right before MoP got released they said they were going to pump out patches and expansions faster from now on, and they've been doing a pretty good job with the patches thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    These images are pretty epic fakes... they went through the trouble of not only photoshopping the wow youtube channel, but then taking a off-screen pic to add to the authenticity. But if they wanted people to truly believe, they would have taken a) more than one screen

http://imgur.com/7Oq7rwn
    http://imgur.com/aLFX6Il

I count... One... AH AH AH... Two AH AH AH

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    This was posted in one of the many, many Dark Below threads and appears to have been gotten buried, but I think it warrants its own thread - an image of what appears to be the logo for Patch 5.5's release.

The logo brings to mind the burning green fel flames of the Legion, and the name evokes an image of the sky itself being torn asunder, raining devastation down on Azeroth.

To me, this is pretty much concrete evidence that the Legion are going to be coming back, and it looks like they may be arriving as soon as Patch 5.5.

The trademarked name 'Dark Below' has got everything looking to the deep places of Azeroth, but maybe we should all be watching the skies.

What do people think about this?
    It's a picture of a computer screen.

Fake, and not a good one at that. Isn't that a photoshopped logo from 2.4?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks similar to Fury of the Sunwell, I can see where Doki thinks that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It's a picture of a computer screen.

Fake, and not a good one at that. Isn't that a photoshopped logo from 2.4?
    Doesn't look anything like Sunwell imo http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...unwell_800.jpg

If you think those look the same... I don't see us agreeing on much of anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Interesting, on the first tab it has a WoW favicon and it says Skysunder PTR information, if this is a fake, it's a REALLY good fake.

& I can't post links..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    http://imgur.com/7Oq7rwn
    http://imgur.com/aLFX6Il

Consider my eyebrow raised.

Even if it's a fake, I hadn't get excited on leaks since before MoP was announced

Might as well throw this into the mix huh?

Destruction!