View Poll Results: We NEED new character models ASAP!

Voters
382. This poll is closed
  • Yes! I want new vanilla models immediately!

338 88.48%
  • No! We can wait a bit longer. I'd prefer 2 new races instead.

44 11.52%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I really see no reason for it. They look perfectly fine to me, all it will do is create more rule 34.
    apparently, you have not played long enough!

Give me the ability to make my mage look like the Alpha-WoW tavern wenches and I'd be more than happy. The had flowing hair and big tits man, that's how every female mage should look.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You believe that what your character looks like is the central part of an RPG. It's not. It's the story, the experience, the camaraderie. If it were what your character looked like the competition that has been released after 2004 would have more numbers than WoW but they clearly don't.

- - - Updated - - -

I already know that want =/= need.
    You obviously dont get it, its the whole package that makes a game. If you want to stay the best of the best you have the WHOLE package not just bits and pieces. Every little bit that a competitor does better than you is a little bit you lose. When it comes to characters in the an MMORPG it does matter, just look at the number of people that are worried about the new models because they dont want to lose the character they have built up over the years. To be number one you have to look at ALL the details, big or small.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Give me the ability to make my mage look like the Alpha-WoW tavern wenches and I'd be more than happy. The had flowing hair and big tits man, that's how every female mage should look.

That's a pretty narsty lookin lady...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

we know the new models are coming, just have to have patience

New models are long overdue.

I haven't played the game in over 3 years. And I haven't seriously played it in over 4.

If they do a good job on the new models I will come back.

Deleted
    While character models are not the core of a game you see them 100% of your game time even when you are not directly watching them. Let me explain why. How much time do you spend looking at your back, your own bottom or your own feet (IRL)? Probably not much. Close to zero. But if they were ugly, disgusting, you would feel bad about it. Its enough to see something once and it will virtually exist in your head. Even if you don't look at your character face or blocky fingers all day, you know how bad they look and while playing with it, it gives a feeling for your game. Some players spend money on payed character modification. Why is that? They recolor their hair even under a helmet! They like 3D belts while it cannot be seen from behind (I like them too). It matter becuse your looks are actually not for your own. It exists to show off to others. Like in the real world, we want others to look at us and think about us as beautiful, cute, badass or whatever you like. The same needs manifest in a game. For most of us playing a badass character feels better than playing with a stick figure. Rough examples, but the same is true for less improvements. As a 3D model feels better than a stick figure, a good 3D model feels even better.

It does not matter how much time you spent at watching something. The whole intro cinematic is for the show. Ppl spend like 20 minutes watching it over the lifespan of an expansion, but it is important. Helps to hook up players.

New content comes from a different source than new player models! (well, mostly different sources) Some keep telling they rather want new content than new player models. You know there are seperate teams for different jobs right? Its not like making new models will prevent writers making new stories or designers coming up with exciting boss mechanics. Even if some of the teams are shared, they don't work on new content 100% of their time anyway. And new character models are not just for you to play with. Those are the npc-s around the world too. They are there as bosses, trash, quest givers, guards in cities. Making new models automatically replaces thousands of npc-s too. They will appear in a new raid aswell. If you see trolls inn a raid, they will have new troll models too.

And if they don't have enough employe to work, get more. They must have enough money.

For me, being connected to the character you're playing is absolutely key. Thinking they look/are cool is really important at the end of the day. New models, please. New humans, night elves and draenei males would be huge.

My character is clad in plate armor so why do I care what he looks like underneath? I'd rather they work on better gear textures because Pandaren still look like crap in gear from Wrath and earlier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    My character is clad in plate armor so why do I care what he looks like underneath? I'd rather they work on better gear textures because Pandaren still look like crap in gear from Wrath and earlier.
    You should care because old models are unable to show 3D model for chest and leg pieces for example. With new models they could make it possible to have a chest armor with thickness and different shape then the shape of your chosen race. Like have rivets on your sides on the armor or have an Ironman like reactor on the middle. Not as texture but actual 3D shape.
    Wrath and eariler textures will look crap even ten years from now. You don't seriously think they will repaint all those thousands of armor textures from the old times one by one, or do you? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I really see no reason for it. They look perfectly fine to me, all it will do is create more rule 34.
    The current out-of-date models are hardly stemming the "Rule 34"-tide, so that's hardly an excuse

Besides, if Blizz wants new subscribers they need to work on the first impression: the visuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me a lot of the new player models are already in the game , most people just don't realize it ... just look at
    Garrosh (new male orc model)

Jaina(new female human model)

Anduin(new male human model..i may be stretching this one a bit)

or possibly Arthas (doubtful)

Sul the sand crawler (new male troll model)

High Priestess Mar'l(new female troll model)

Tyrande(new female Night Elf model)

Compare all these next to their Vanilla counterparts and they all look better and these models have been implemented since they announced new models with the exception of Arthas.
    Im sure i could find more if i actually spent some time looking... but if you ask me these are foreshadowing of what the new models will look like.
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by ZABANNITH View Post
    If you ask me a lot of the new player models are already in the game , most people just don't realize it ... just look at

Compare all these next to their Vanilla counterparts and they all look better and these models have been implemented since they announced new models with the exception of Arthas.
    Im sure i could find more if i actually spent some time looking... but if you ask me these are foreshadowing of what the new models will look like.

The only image which actually showcases the abilities of the new model is the Garrosh one. All other models linked have the same old skeleton, whereas Garrosh has a new skeleton (like the new player models would have) and I'm fairly certain Garrosh uses the new player skeleton, so in a way, he's a preview.

Of course, you can look at Vol'jin and the other MoP models and say the -model- (not skeleton) quality might be on that level, in which case I would say.. sure? It's not a direct teaser, but a fair indicator of model and texture quality.

Quote Originally Posted by ZABANNITH View Post
    If you ask me a lot of the new player models are already in the game
    There's a big, big difference between a single model and a full set of models for things like hair, faces, features, etc. Models like these are about as representative of a race model as Ragnaros.

Hate to crush people's hopes, but these are just fancy models for special characters. Maybe new models will look like or be based off them (or vice versa) but they cannot even be remotely compared to completed player models with a full suite of customization options.

If anything is an exception to this, it is Garrosh's model; his animations are all sorts of fancy, and he's had a lot of detail put into his facial expressions for emotes which Garrosh himself will almost certainly not be using (such as /cry). That's something that you'd expect from a player model.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-08-18 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Because Garrosh is a raid boss and they were heading off the anti-reuse faction. If we were going to kill Baine or Lor'themar, they would have gotten their updates shown.
    Heading off the anti-reuse faction?

Fallen protectors. re use
    Norushen. re use
    Sha of Pride. re use
    General Nazgrim. re use
    Spoils of Pandaria. re use
    Paragons of the Klaxxi. re use

Not a huge improvement from DS.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would fucking love to though, what worries me is the quote from the interview: "Blizzard is still working on new character models, with more on that sometime in the future."
    I hope that doesn't mean that we wont receive new models next expac or them being revealed at blizzcon.

I just cannot understand those people wanting 2 new races instead of updated models.

If they don't have the models ready for preview by the time Blizzcon comes around then they haven't worked on them at all. That should be their big reveal to coincide with the next expansion trailer.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post

Would you name your character Helga if you were able to create a character with that Alpha-WoW Model?