Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Get rid of holy animations for shadow!

What i mean by this is, Make all holy spells ,usable by shadow priest, into shadow spell animations. For example: renew, shield, POM into a shadow like animations. Especially for undead players.

I think it would be a great addition to the class and make us truly feel like a wielder of shadow. Maybe this could be like a "green fire" quest reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you don't heal with shadow magic? You're not even in shadow form? It requires you to tap into the light? Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    But you don't heal with shadow magic? You're not even in shadow form? It requires you to tap into the light? Etc.
    Not without a glyph, and I think the glyph is actually becoming baseline...

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Patch 5.4 is making it baseline.

Personally I really like the idea of something like the Fel Fire quest for Spriests, (I never liked the way PW:Shield looked around a SPriest, but could imagine some really cool looking shadowy versions of it for sure!)

Where do I sign?

I will flay your mind.

Glad people agree. Call me crazy but i think shadow should be its own class, but i'm obsessed with shadow lore

sure, but first get rid of holy priests having to use shadowfiend in order to have mana. it makes no sense for a holy priest to depend on summoning shadowfiends to do hos job.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need more shadow. It feels like a mismatch when they use certain abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    sure, but first get rid of holy priests having to use shadowfiend in order to have mana. it makes no sense for a holy priest to depend on summoning shadowfiends to do hos job.
    It'd make more sense if they had mana beasts like ones in Outlands.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelbert View Post
    They need more shadow. It feels like a mismatch when they use certain abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be done with a minor glyph.

I will flay your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelbert View Post
    it would make more sense if they had something related to the holy light.

maybe a small spirit healer, or something.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

[QUOTE=Zelbert;22115572]They need more shadow. It feels like a mismatch when they use certain abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree! I want to feel truly shadow!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reposed View Post
    Personally I really like the idea of something like the Fel Fire quest for Spriests, (I never liked the way PW:Shield looked around a SPriest, but could imagine some really cool looking shadowy versions of it for sure!)

Where do I sign?
    Well they could just change the name to shadow word: shield when you're in shadow spec, and slap dark textures on it. Shouldn't be hard, and now that I think of it, I wonder why they havn't.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-08-18 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    maybe because shadow magic is used to inflict damage or do harm? Shadow can mend the unholy/undead and I really don't feel like being one of them.
    Shadow priest is just tapping into the holy and shadow magics, he is kinda learnt in ways of healing and in ways to inflict the pain. He can either cure the disease or inflict one ; Only Shadow -> Warlock, only Holy -> Paladin and that's boring, I like to use pom/renew the way it is in shadow form.
    And for last, 'Shadow word: Everything' sounds kinda Meh aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpy View Post
    maybe because shadow magic is used to inflict damage or do harm? Shadow can mend the unholy/undead and I really don't feel like being one of them.
    Shadow priest is just tapping into the holy and shadow magics, he is kinda learnt in ways of healing and in ways to inflict the pain. He can either cure the disease or inflict one ; Only Shadow -> Warlock, only Holy -> Paladin and that's boring, I like to use pom/renew the way it is in shadow form.
    And for last, 'Shadow word: Everything' sounds kinda Meh aswell.
    Well that's your opinion. I feel like a shadowy shield would complement the spec quite well.

I don't think it would take a large amount of effort on the part of the developers to make Renew, PW:S, PoM, etc. have shadowy textures (think level 90 talents). Flash Heal and spells that knock you out of Shadowform should still retain their current animations though.

/signed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jplusl View Post
    Glad people agree. Call me crazy but i think shadow should be its own class, but i'm obsessed with shadow lore
    w-what lore?

you mean in rpg?

Yes I hate using spells that don't fit. I use incorrect talents on my Mage because non school spells ruin the feel. "I AM THE FUCKINGFIRE LORD oh yeah and this is my ice shield :3"
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-08-18 at 09:56 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Yes I hate using spells that don't fit. I use incorrect talents on my Mage because non school spells ruin the feel. "I AM THE FUCKINGFIRE LORD oh yeah and this is my ice shield :3"
    I hear ya! Breaks the immersion

PW:Shield is definitely the one that sticks out like a sore thumb, so if they were to change only one thing, I would vote for that.

PW:Shield --> SW:Shield.

GoGoGo!!

I will burn your soul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    PW:Shield is definitely the one that sticks out like a sore thumb, so if they were to change only one thing, I would vote for that.

PW:Shield --> SW:Shield.

GoGoGo!!
    Shadow Word: Encase and Power Word: Shield, slightly different in animations, same goals, except Encase can be used offensively in a way.