Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Long time player, I will be active very interested in this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I just had my best mock draft so far. Got AP while picking 3rd, and my good luck continued from there, every pick I made up into my first 2 bench players was like stealing I felt, getting the best player available. Kinda started goofing off after that, picking both Cincy runners for my bench, just cause I could.

Other thing that was just perfect was that without intending to do it every bye week of my picks of my starting team (except TE,K,Def) was in following weeks, from week 4 to 9. So never had to replace more then 1 player with a bench player.

If I could have had that draft to actually play with that would just be amazing. I doubt you guys would let me get some of the players I picked in the places I picked them at though.

Starting to wonder if this draft is biased towards early picks tbh. All my drafts where I pick top 5 seem to be superior to where I have to pick 6-10. Or, what's also very much possible, my draft strategie needs adjusting when I pick lower. Something to consider, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So how did this turn out? since we didn't get any apperent further people to join. Did you guys get your league started up okay?
    Our league has 5 teams right now out of 7 people who expressed interest. Not sure if I can see how many pending invites there are. League name: MMOChamp2 at nfl.com

10+ Year Old Account
    So it looks like for league 1 that Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are the days we all can somewhat make it for draft. On Monday and Wednesday I have raid from 4:30-9 PST. I guess if I have to I can just have the draft on my 2nd monitor and do that while raiding, lol.

I was gonna do another google docs thing but I figured it would be better just to talk it out here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    So it looks like for league 1 that Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are the days we all can somewhat make it for draft. On Monday and Wednesday I have raid from 4:30-9 PST. I guess if I have to I can just have the draft on my 2nd monitor and do that while raiding, lol.

I was gonna do another google docs thing but I figured it would be better just to talk it out here.
    Monday, I don't care much either way.

If we do it Tuesday then you don't have to be distracted, so that's a plus.

Wednesday would mean we'd have to immediately set up our respective teams, since play starts next day. I'm not time constrained for that, but I'm guessing others will want to have time to look at their team and the matchups for week 1, and not be rushed into it or even not have the time for it.

As I said before I can make any time, no problem. I'll fit my sleeping time around whatever draft time we fix. I'm guessing the East coast people won't want it to drag into the night on a weekday either, and I can handle their hours fine.

So how did this turn out? since we didn't get any apperent further people to join. Did you guys get your league started up okay?
    Yeah sorry about the lack of communication. I started sign ups this weekend just gone and so far we have 5 of 8 people signed up, though I just PMed Falconius.

In terms of league size I'd be happy if all the remaining players signed up and we ran it at 8, but im ok if others are interested as well.. just the time constraints of having to do a draft in the next 2 weeks are creeping up.

Teams so far, including Team names:

Second League
    -
    1- Alae ( All Heart )
    2- Mazshax ( Bloodbath and Beyond )
    3- fattyy22 ( Dezpicable Me )
    4- Brogrom ( Hernandez's Pistol Offense )
    5- Solidsteel ( The Sheriff's Department )
    6- Logonov ( Primeval )
    7- LikeChips
    8- Falconius ( Monday Morning Hangovers )
    9- Open
    10- Open
    Last edited by Alae; 2013-08-24 at 03:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monday, I don't care much either way.

If we do it Tuesday then you don't have to be distracted, so that's a plus.

Wednesday would mean we'd have to immediately set up our respective teams, since play starts next day. I'm not time constrained for that, but I'm guessing others will want to have time to look at their team and the matchups for week 1, and not be rushed into it or even not have the time for it.

As I said before I can make any time, no problem. I'll fit my sleeping time around whatever draft time we fix. I'm guessing the East coast people won't want it to drag into the night on a weekday either, and I can handle their hours fine.
    Yeah I'm aiming to have a 100% set date and time by like the 30th.

Just another League 2 update,

I've sent out the initial survey to gauge when people are available for the Draft. I'll narrow it down to a specific time slot once we have a more general idea of when the majority of people are available.

I'm hoping to either get our league locked in at 8 players or have 2 additional players locked in so that hopefully everyone will have completed the first survey by the end of this weekend, the 25th, so we can lockdown our specific draft time.

The sooner everyone is signed up, surveyed and a draft time locked in, the better prepared everyone will be.

10+ Year Old Account

Again, I won't know next week's schedule until around Thursday. I can bet I'll be off Monday though, so I'll be available pretty much all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit I missed out on a great fantasy name...

Andy Dalton's wedding ring.

15+ Year Old Account

Doesn't matter to me. Give me a date and a time and I'll be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit I missed out on a great fantasy name...

That confused me till I looked up what it was about. People are silly enough to wear a rubber ring just to show they are married while sporting? Or do they need it for moral support? Just, wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    That confused me till I looked up what it was about. People are silly enough to wear a rubber ring just to show they are married while sporting? Or do they need it for moral support? Just, wow.
    It is probably a case of "My wife is hot and lets me put my penis inside of her. I'll do whatever trivial bullshit she wants me to as long as that keeps happening."

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not any different than wearing a ring in any other situation, if you call into question this ring I don't see how you aren't questioning all rings.

10+ Year Old Account
    QB Cam Newton (Trade for russell wilson? Maybe?)
    RB Doug Martin
    RB Steven Jackson
    WR Dez Bryant
    WR Vincent Jackson (Might trade since I don't like having people from the same team)
    TE Jermichael Finley
    FLEX Torrey Smith
    D/ST Texans D/ST
    K Adam Vinatieri (Going to trade)

Rate me?
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-08-19 at 11:12 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doug Martin. 80+ points in 2 weeks last year all for my..... bench. I know it's not his fault but I can't help but blame him.

Sorry for my absenteeism in discussing the draft. My girlfriend was in town for the weekend, so I wasn't doing my usually nonstop posting - as far as I can tell, Monday through Wednesday are all the same for me. I'll be at that conference, presumably I'll be able to squeeze in a couple hours in the hotel room sometime in the evening to handle "business".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Doug Martin. 80+ points in 2 weeks last year all for my..... bench. I know it's not his fault but I can't help but blame him.
    I got Dougie in my keeper league last year and I'm still fistpumping over that a little. My irrational love of the Bucs offense paid off... although Josh Freeman, not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

As a Bills fan, Fitz's ring was an even weirder mystery.

THAT IS AN ACTUAL METAL RING. It's like he's trying to lose a finger. If that guy was anything other than terrible, I would have loved him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    QB Cam Newton (Trade for russell wilson? Maybe?)
    RB Doug Martin
    RB Steven Jackson
    WR Dez Bryant
    WR Vincent Jackson (Might trade since I don't like having people from the same team)
    TE Jermichael Finley
    FLEX Torrey Smith
    D/ST Texans D/ST
    K Adam Vinatieri (Going to trade)

Rate me?
    Fantastic. I think I'd hold Cam over Russ because he is going to add double digit rushing TDs and solid yardage. Either way that is a great team.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Fantastic. I think I'd hold Cam over Russ because he is going to add double digit rushing TDs and solid yardage. Either way that is a great team.
    Agreed regarding Cam over Russell at this point. I'm a huge Wilson fanboy and I think his ceiling is higher, but we have a greater body of evidence indicating that Cam's a safe bet to be an elite fantasy QB. The ceiling might be higher with Wilson, but his basement is much, much lower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Agreed regarding Cam over Russell at this point. I'm a huge Wilson fanboy and I think his ceiling is higher, but we have a greater body of evidence indicating that Cam's a safe bet to be an elite fantasy QB. The ceiling might be higher with Wilson, but his basement is much, much lower.
    Wilson is probably going to be somewhere in the 8-10 fantasy range if he has a good year, higher if he repeats what he did at the end of the season. Cam is going to be competing for the #1 fantasy QB spot. His fantasy potential is way too good to ever consider giving up unless you are getting something else back with Wilson (like a TE upgrade over Finley who I have almost no confidence in after finishing 18th last year going in as the 5th ranked TE).