Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I understand it's tempting but if you're not in a rush I would seriously just wait to see what the new cards will offer. I'm obviously just guessing but I wouldn't be surprised if the AMD 99xx would cost around the same as a 780 and likely perform ~15% better, it'll be interesting to see if they decide on 20nm or 28nm. Either way it's speculation but I can't imagine would would release something worse and more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I understand it's tempting but if you're not in a rush I would seriously just wait to see what the new cards will offer. I'm obviously just guessing but I wouldn't be surprised if the AMD 99xx would cost around the same as a 780 and likely perform ~15% better, it'll be interesting to see if they decide on 20nm or 28nm. Either way it's speculation but I can't imagine would would release something worse and more expensive.
    That, and plus AMD is better about reducing prices of their cards the longer they're out it seems. So if new stuff comes starts coming out down the road and I already have a 9970, I can just buy a second one at a cheaper price and CF those.

- - - Updated - - -

The more I look at it, the more tempting the 7990 becomes with that Never Settle: Reloaded bundle. 6 of the 8 games I don't have and would like to have. Bioshock: Infinite, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3 (just got the first 2 from the humble bundle), Hitman: Absolution (have), Sleeping Dogs (have), Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Far Cry 3, Deus Ex Human Revolution. Talking about a 700 dollar card with 255 dollars worth of games (based on Steam prices).

Deleted
    Yeah the price drop is pretty crazy, along with so many games and they're not just some unknown crappy titles. Just remember it's a dual GPU card, thankfully the newest AMD (BETA) drivers addresses the frame latency.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Yeah the price drop is pretty crazy, along with so many games and they're not just some unknown crappy titles. Just remember it's a dual GPU card, thankfully the newest AMD (BETA) drivers addresses the frame latency.
    Yeah I've been reading that in my research today, too. Another reason I'm so tempted. Ah, decisions decisions.