Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Weren't they just tweaked a little to fit with flying mounts being available in EK/Kalim? Saying that Undercity was "revamped" sounds a bit.. wrong, when they really only changed the ruins on top of the city.
    Just because it doesn't look different doesn't mean it wasn't revamped. Darnassus and (at least) the top of Undercity were totally redone. They had to start from scratch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran and Shat only portal to Orgrimmar, and only Orgrimmar portals to Cata and MoP zones. Orgrimmar is also the only city that can be teleported to with the guild cloak (IIRC).

So yeah, that's why Orgrimmar is the only used Horde city. Otherwise I'd probably much prefer other cities, Undercity and Silvermoon both have a much more interesting theme than the spiky orc town...

Don't particularly like Shrine as a city either, but happily there's almost nothing exclusively gotten from there, so until 5.4 or later (depends when I get time to play again) there'll be no reason to remove my hearthstone from Isle of Thunder, with a ring to Dalaran as my AH-etc-city.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    I'd like for them to make all capital cities relevant and dynamic, they all deserve to be hubs :P

Bilgwater Harbor is by far coolest, Azshara hub FTW!

nice ideea

Up until Wrath of the Lich King, I never set foot in Orgrimmar and just stayed in Silvermoon all the time, but from Cata onwards Blizzard's made it completely impossible to be anywhere else. Almost every major NPC that you use on a day-to-day basis (auctioneer, transmogrification, item upgrade, etc.) is in Orgrimmar. Honestly, I don't mind Orgrimmar getting more people in it than other cities, really. But at least rework Silvermoon, Undercity and Thunder Bluff (along with the Alliance cities) so that people actually have a reason to go there. Thunder Bluff and Undercity at least have flight and dailies, Silvermoon's a ghost town. And it doesn't help that it hasn't been worked on since it was implemented. Such a shame too, it's got far more potential than any other city in the game, but Blizzard just chooses to stick with Humans and Orcs (and their cities) playing leading roles. And the worst part is they keep saying how they want people to go out into the world (eg. removal of Have Group, Will Travel), but they give you no incentive to ever visit cities that aren't Orgrimmar or Stormwind. It's not like solutions are too difficult to implement - move the ethereals out of Orgrimmar and into Silvermoon/wherever, let you choose where you want guild cloaks to teleport you, put new dailies there (possibly challenge mode ones?). It can be done, Blizzard just doesn't want to. They made it clear when they forced the entire alliance population out of Ironforge and into Stormwind. Even lore-wise, now is the perfect time to do it - Orgrimmar's getting attacked, everyone chooses to leave to different cities.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2013-08-19 at 09:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

All the cities deserve a little something-something, and be encouraged to be a social hub via interconnecting portals. And heck, if you don't want peoplem using them as shortcuts then put a cooldown on using them, or have a charge applied each time.

But yes, Azuremyst and Eversong need to be connected fully to the rest of their continents now. There's no reason not to anymore!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    i miss the days of being alliance and spending all my city time in Ironforge....hate how they forced us to org/SW in cata
    Yeah, Ironforge and Undercity, I lived in Undercity when I wasn't in Outland
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Ports to Blasted Lands are in every city.
    I couldn't remember, so shoved it in brackets as a possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Just because it doesn't look different doesn't mean it wasn't revamped. Darnassus and (at least) the top of Undercity were totally redone. They had to start from scratch.
    True, but I think when players ask for revamps they want the cities themselves to look different. What they did for UC/Darna in cata was quite nice, but where we spend most of our time isn't in the ruins of UC but beneath it, and that looks exactly the same. :/
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Exodar needs a revamp because it no longer matches the story (it's been repaired and is now working again). I still really really want to see Teldrassil get a makeover. That giant stump is so ridiculous looking, and it does not even begin to resemble a single piece of art they've ever done of it.

I wish both the blood elf and draenei areas were finally merged with the rest of Azeroth and revamped for flying and stuff. It would also be nice if the Ruins of Lordaeron actually resembled a city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    i miss the days of being alliance and spending all my city time in Ironforge....hate how they forced us to org/SW in cata
    Heh, same. I really wish Blizzard would pull away from this whole "We need one major city where all the players spend their time per expansion" and just go back to letting us use whichever freaking city we want. It would take all of a day for them to plop down cloned vendors and portals to major areas in all of the cities, but they like forcing people into one city instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Dalaran and Shat only portal to Orgrimmar, and only Orgrimmar portals to Cata and MoP zones. Orgrimmar is also the only city that can be teleported to with the guild cloak (IIRC).

So yeah, that's why Orgrimmar is the only used Horde city. Otherwise I'd probably much prefer other cities, Undercity and Silvermoon both have a much more interesting theme than the spiky orc town...

Don't particularly like Shrine as a city either, but happily there's almost nothing exclusively gotten from there, so until 5.4 or later (depends when I get time to play again) there'll be no reason to remove my hearthstone from Isle of Thunder, with a ring to Dalaran as my AH-etc-city.

There is no reason for Org to be the only used Horde city. It's only this way because I suspect the majority of players these days are Cata babies, and/or the older players forgot how to properly use the current capital city as a hub.

In BC and Wrath, Shat and Dalaran had ports to every major city. People set their hearths to Shat/Dal, and ported to any city of their choosing for the AH. I don't know why, but this isn't the case anymore. People are still in this odd, SW/Org only mentality, which you haven't had to do since Cata ended.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-08-19 at 09:08 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seem like a vicious cycle.

1) They don't upgrade other cities apart from Org/SW.
    2) Therefore no one used those other cities.
    3) Therefore no reason to upgrade them.
    4) GOTO 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    All the cities deserve a little something-something, and be encouraged to be a social hub via interconnecting portals. And heck, if you don't want peoplem using them as shortcuts then put a cooldown on using them, or have a charge applied each time.

But yes, Azuremyst and Eversong need to be connected fully to the rest of their continents now. There's no reason not to anymore!
    I'm not sure in what way you mean 'connected', but Silvermoon and Undercity are basically one, seeing as you can freely teleport between them any time you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    In BC and Wrath, Shat and Dalaran had ports to every major city. People set their hearths to Shat/Dal, and ported to any city of their choosing for the AH. I don't know why, but this isn't the case anymore. People are still in this odd, SW/Org only mentality, which you haven't had to do since Cata ended.
    Maybe because they removed the portals from both those zones, then, when they reimplemented them, only put Org and SW ones back in.

As well as the missing vendors, quests etc from the other cities. Portals too.

edit: unless you mean the Shrine, in which case, as it has everything, you need to be there or Org instead of Undercity.
    Last edited by Rixis; 2013-08-19 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I'm not sure in what way you mean 'connected',
    If I'm flying from Eastern Plaguelands into the Ghostlands, I hit an invisible wall, and am forced to zone into an instance.

Same with Azuremist Isle. It's instance with a BC loading screen, when it should just be a part of Kalimdor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    edit: unless you mean the Shrine, in which case, as it has everything, you need to be there or Org instead of Undercity.
    Right. Since the Shrine has everything, the only thing you need the old world for, is an AH. There's no reason to be forced to go to Org. Take a portal to Thunder Bluff and enjoy the view. Hearth back to Pandaria when you're done.

Don't bother fixing SW, since it sooo hard for Blizzard. Just relocate to IF please. Cooler city anyway.

Also I don't like the portals to everywhere in the world. Sure Blasted lands b/c of the massive inconvenience, but why not make more use of the boats/zeppelins. Porting everywhere is awks, boats/zeppelins more immerse/ realistic.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Don't bother fixing SW, since it sooo hard for Blizzard. Just relocate to IF please. Cooler city anyway.

Also I don't like the portals to everywhere in the world. Sure Blasted lands b/c of the massive inconvenience, but why not make more use of the boats/zeppelins. Porting everywhere is awks, boats/zeppelins more immerse/ realistic.
    IF is going to need some touching up, particularly the flight "holes" above the bank need to be made larger and taller so getting in and out of the Great Forge section is easier. They should also connect us with the airport outside, allowing us to flying directly from Ironforge to the airport as a way out of the city.

Ya, was wondering what happened to boats and zeps. They seem to be nothing more than a forgotten relic from vanilla.

Also what's with the horrible wait times? They should arrive every 1 min like real life subways.

If I'm flying from Eastern Plaguelands into the Ghostlands, I hit an invisible wall, and am forced to zone into an instance.

Same with Azuremist Isle. It's instance with a BC loading screen, when it should just be a part of Kalimdor.
    It's an entirely different map file up there. Taking the time to add it to Kalimdor proper and fix the laundry list of bugs that goes along with it really just isn't worth it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    nice ideea
    Thanks

Love Goblin Architecture post-cata, maybe we'll get to see Undermine next expansion ? specially if it's about Azshara / Southseas.

I know they want us to be in the area of focus for that expansion. That's the reason they've always given. The thing is, they don't put a common AH or bank in either shrine, forcing us to go to another city. Now, this could easily be any of the four cities, but no, they're funneling us into the 2 cities we used last expansion. At the same time, they're are 3 other cities for each faction that haven't really seen much of anything since Vanilla, and the only reason to visit them now is exploration/fishing/cooking. They're ghost towns. This problem could EASILY be resolved by just adding portals to all cites from all cities and adding the four ethereal vendors to each city. This way all cities are viable, but the most current one will still have most current daily/vendor advantages. Hell, they don't even need to revamp Exodar/Silvermoon, just add some freakin' npcs and portals.

It's complete BS that they're letting 6 cities be essentially worthless while SW and org will always be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

Exodar has been repaired in lore for quite a long time now. Eventually, the Exodar (and by extension Silvermoon) will have to be updated/revamped to fit with the lore, or it'd be really shoddy and speak volumes of their dedication towards the draenei and the blood elves.