Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    this is for all those who say that MOP is the best xpac:

take out the panda and pandaland hook from MOP and you get an xpac designed with an elaborate system of time sinking
    based on rep , grind and dailys that is even worst than TBC and vanilla attunes and gating cause you need to grind all of them and you cant even do it at the same time (factions hiding behind other factions rep rank) which is even worst.

yes there are some optional factions to grind for mounts etc but most of them had to be grinded daily for max rep to get plans / patterns / enchants and be able to spend
    your valor on about half way the rep ranks.

they said MOP will offer freedom with play style , do what ever you like and you will be able to advance and progress your char but it was a lie, only lately they kinda changed it a bit but its still the same.

blizz made a mistake in CATA and took an undertaking that taxed their time-to-execute plans for the entire xpac very highly (redesign of the old world including quests),
    and they tried to compensate with rehash stuff like the troll instances and cancle raids like WOTA/abbysal maw and make a set of "new" 5mans and an end raid based on a zone and a design allready in the game just with different color..
    yet CATA had a very good potential to be a great xpac for the fans it was just executed poorly.

MOP defenders may say that its the best xpac to date but what they dont realize is that they have 13 years of core warcraft fans to thank (1991-2004) so wow could be born with so many fans over the years that they could enjoy a MOP xpac in 2012, if panderans were in the 1st wow xpac (TBC) just like they said in the interviews the game would have died very quickly and never reach its current status...and IMO it was never true its a PR lie (check TBC behind the scean DVD , i didnt see chris mentioning panderans when talking about the list of races they had in mind to add to TBC), of even if WAR3 was all about drunk panderans monks running around...those core fans were into demons , fel orcs , dragons , rage, blood, ogres , DKs, undead , factions wars ,warlocks and dark magic theme rather than overwiegt panda bears who teach for meditating and peace...

so its no wonder that 5.4 takes us away from pandaria and brings back the old style warcraft fighting if i compare the comical chen vs ali&horde in the cinematic and garosh vs taran..so to all mop fans out there i say this, enjoy it while it last cause your feast is nearly over..
    Oh no you didn't! People get upset up in here if you have a different opinion than their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Are... are you actually asking US about YOUR opinion?
    Yea i fell off my chair when i read this thread xD

I love MoP, WotLK and TBC - Vanilla and Cata were not all that good in my opinion.
    I don't see how you can think that blizz did not make any good expansions thus far...

I'd bet my account that the OP didn't even play during BC or Vanilla.

The game was terrible back then. Vanilla raiding was faceroll easy and was only had a handfull of hard bosses that were only hard for reason like needing resist gear or gearing 8 tanks. The thing that made it awesome was the fact that everything was new and fresh and fun. I didnt care if my class was shit because we were killing bosses. People miss Vanilla PVP? Why? Remember dying in a stunlock from a rogue without being able to do anything? I sure do. What was fun about that?

I didnt play during BC but hearing about stuff like bloodlust chaining and lightning bolt spamming makes me laugh. If they had stuff like that now players would be up in arms.

The game was not even close to balanced. The game in it's current form is the most balanced and difficult the game has ever been in PVE.

Deleted
    From your or ours point of view? Not from your point of view no? If you did not like WOLK or Mist then no. I Love Mist of pandaria,Think is the best one since TBC, if not better, What is not better about it really? There is raids for people all across the casual i play 2 hours each week, to i sold my soul to a demon so i dont need sleep. There is more to do then ever, Thiller, pet battle, More Bg's, Solo old raids and hc's , get a cool transmuq. Yes sure i miss the good old TBC days, where everything was Shiny, but that was just because wow was still rather " new" and with the first expantion, everything just seems Better. I mean look at it this way. When you where 9 years old, You where so expited to you birthday, even if it was 2 mouths away. When you are 21+ you are like" oh it's my birthday tomorrow"

15+ Year Old Account
    i enjoyed both TBC and WOTLK, MOP not so much...

The only shit expansion was Cataclysm, so to answer your question, in my opinion, they've already made three good expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I'd bet my account that the OP didn't even play during BC or Vanilla.

The game was terrible back then. Vanilla raiding was faceroll easy and was only had a handfull of hard bosses that were only hard for reason like needing resist gear or gearing 8 tanks. The thing that made it awesome was the fact that everything was new and fresh and fun. I didnt care if my class was shit because we were killing bosses. People miss Vanilla PVP? Why? Remember dying in a stunlock from a rogue without being able to do anything? I sure do. What was fun about that?

I didnt play during BC but hearing about stuff like bloodlust chaining and lightning bolt spamming makes me laugh. If they had stuff like that now players would be up in arms.

The game was not even close to balanced. The game in it's current form is the most balanced and difficult the game has ever been in PVE.
    By today's standards vanilla was terrible. At the time it was awesome and revolutionary. Same goes for BC really at the time it was way ahead of the pack as far as quality goes. Blizzard generally kept improving the formula until Cata and there they kind of screwed it up and haven't been able to recover since.

Wrath is my favourite expansion but MoP is the best and i've been playing since TBC so you know ! its all about opinions and facts !
    what i'm trying to say here is the question you ask is wrong in general ! because I believe blizzard has already made a great one ! so yes they are capable of making a great expansion again and again and each time they would learn from their mistakes and try to make the game evolve and become better.
    Last edited by Raeion; 2013-08-19 at 09:06 AM.
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Ok "Blizzardnonentertainment" what would make the game better for you because everything aside from dailies in MOP I have really enjoyed. If they can replicate the fun of MOP but have a better alternative to daily quests at launch then I will be happy.
    Did you know you can get rep from doing 5-mans/scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    By today's standards vanilla was terrible. At the time it was awesome and revolutionary. Same goes for BC really at the time it was way ahead of the pack as far as quality goes. Blizzard generally kept improving the formula until Cata and there they kind of screwed it up and haven't been able to recover since.
    I 100% agree and but people need to understand that if they released an expansion like Vanilla or BC now that half the players would quit due to content being too inaccessible and the other half would quit due to the imbalance of the game. The game has improved in every way since then.

Good expansion means TBC quality for me.I dont think Blizzard can do anything close to it again.The current core game mechanics are just too boring.Professions dont play the role they used to, the holy trinity might still be there, but its broken.Every tank can tank single mobs just as good as groups, every healer can heal groups just as good as single characters and every dps does good single target and AoE damage.
    There are many more reasons why Blizzard cant do an expansion as good as TBC.

Vanilla was the Golden Age of exploration and socializing

TBC was the Golden Age of raiding

Wrath was the Golden Age of lore

Cata was the Golden Age of remakes

MoP was the Golden Age of dailies

Deleted
    Well the fact is that it can't get worse than cata so I'm already looking forward to the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by IdTheDemon View Post
    Vanilla was the Golden Age of exploration and socializing

TBC was the Golden Age of raiding

Wrath was the Golden Age of lore

Cata was the Golden Age of remakes

MoP was the Golden Age of dailies
    Haha, I would thumbs up your post if I could. You hit the nail on the head.

On topic: I don't think Blizzard has the vision and people to make a great expansion again (Vanilla, TBC or even Wrath -great). But we can always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Axylum View Post
    Well most of us on the forum are still playing aren't we?
    Interestingly, many forum people dont play anymore. They just lurk forums. I dont play wow for quite a while, but still check Mmo champ every day. What a paradox - forum itself is more amusing than the game it is about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    Lol the people who think TBC was the best needs to take of their nostalgia glasses, including the OP.
    MoP shits all over TBC when it comes to quality, in all areas.
    You are right about quality, but thats not what these people are after. They want a game to be dificult for everyone which brings them enjoyment. Easy stuff is not for them.

Can we... stop.. using subscription numbers as a measurement of quality, please? It's ridiculous.

TBC had the greatest rise and most stable numbers? WoW was hugely popular when it was new, and that was the first expansion. Hype all over. Anybody that had heard about WoW in the past, was interested, but hadn't tried it yet... tried it, when that big shiny expansion came out.

Wrath had the highest peak of subscribers? It appealed to the greatest audience. Arthas was literally the poster boy for WC3 alongside Thrall - both more so than Illidan. "The Lich King" was easily the most iconic character in the franchise. A LOT of people were interested in seeing his story come to an end.

Cataclysm is where things began to drop off, and it makes sense. Deathwing was a popular big-bad, yes, but much less so than Illidan or Arthas. The Twilight Cult was, frankly, mostly boring and made up the bulk of the enemies in the expansion. Cataclysm had more going for it than most people give it credit for, but it was still the least interesting expansion.

Expansion popularity has much less to do with "quality" than "theme" than a lot of you like to admit. MOP is a quality game and story, but the theme does suffer from an extremely closed-minded "lol pandas" stigma and generally has a less broad appeal. It's not perfect, but it's not subjectively bad. Every expansion had similar flaws, because every expansion Blizzard tries new things - sometimes they work, sometimes not so much.

Stop saying "X is better than Y because I personally enjoyed it the most."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Can we... stop.. using subscription numbers as a measurement of quality, please? It's ridiculous.

TBC had the greatest rise and most stable numbers? WoW was hugely popular when it was new, and that was the first expansion. Hype all over. Anybody that had heard about WoW in the past, was interested, but hadn't tried it yet... tried it, when that big shiny expansion came out.

Wrath had the highest peak of subscribers? It appealed to the greatest audience. Arthas was literally the poster boy for WC3 alongside Thrall - both more so than Illidan. "The Lich King" was easily the most iconic character in the franchise. A LOT of people were interested in seeing his story come to an end.

Cataclysm is where things began to drop off, and it makes sense. Deathwing was a popular big-bad, yes, but much less so than Illidan or Arthas. The Twilight Cult was, frankly, mostly boring and made up the bulk of the enemies in the expansion. Cataclysm had more going for it than most people give it credit for, but it was still the least interesting expansion.

Expansion popularity has much less to do with "quality" than "theme" than a lot of you like to admit. MOP is a quality game and story, but the theme does suffer from an extremely closed-minded "lol pandas" stigma and generally has a less broad appeal. It's not perfect, but it's not subjectively bad. Every expansion had similar flaws, because every expansion Blizzard tries new things - sometimes they work, sometimes not so much.

Stop saying "X is better than Y because I personally enjoyed it the most."
    If only we could, though that sadly seems to be impossible....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Can we... stop.. using subscription numbers as a measurement of quality, please? It's ridiculous."
    No we can't, because it's not ridiculous It's the best measurement we have.

Literally within two minutes of posting that, my entire point is already being completely ignored.

Great.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    No we can't, because it's not ridiculous It's the best measurement we have.
    Ya because everything is black and white right?