Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If someone even managed to wipe the raid intentionally, which i doubt will happen, they will get kicked and the others will move on. Hardly met anyone who made lfr unplayable til now and doubt that will change in the future.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2013-08-19 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I side with garrosh but i still wouldn't do somthing that stupid, i hope that every single person that does it gets a lovely and heavy ban on their account

OP has talked to a fair number of people, so obviously there is no getting around this. SoO will never be defeated because of all the saboteurs. This probably signals the end of the world, of warcraft.

People still derive pleasure from hunting down and killing lowbies in the name of PvP, Blizzard is essentially providing an inadvertent opportunity for players to make their own fun and while maybe this won't be as big of a problem as I suspect, I would put money that this is going to occur in some way shape or form in a greater extent than any other Raid historically.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think what will hurt LFR the most is the lack of incentive to keep running it, unless one plans to move on to Flex.
    I agree, but as the percentage of players actively using LFR begins to diminish the percentage of trolls will increase as their intent won't be loot. Never underestimate the determination of a player with a fixed goal. I can guarantee there will be exploitable mechanics at least at some point in the raid where people will strike in an attempt to hurt the raid.

While there have been other bosses that people would like to side with(Illidan & Arthas would be good examples) most bosses players would have sided with in the past never had a feasible method in doing so.

SoO is actively a raid many are looking forward to in order to Overthrow Garrosh but many players want the option to side with Garrosh and self destructing raids will be the method the determined members of this mindset will use.

Death knights wanted to side with Arthas but other than PuGs how could they accomplish such a thing without getting blacklisted by their server.

Deathwing wasn't exactly a huge fan favourite in that regard and there was a very insignificant percentage of players who ever wanted to side with him. All MoP raids have been with New bosses in relation to the story.

Garrosh has been developing since BC and whether you like him or not no MoP boss has this kind of reputation within the player base or this kind of hype.
    Last edited by Geminiel; 2013-08-19 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I side with garrosh but i still wouldn't do somthing that stupid, i hope that every single person that does it gets a lovely and heavy ban on their account
    But.... he's our Warchief? You want a raid on the White House next? Aren't video games = real life?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samthing View Post
    If that's the case, Blizzard will just weed out all abuseable mechanics until they can achieve satisfactory LFR complete percentage.
    In that case you may as well remove everything but auto-attack from LFR enemies. And in that case, you may as well just queue up for free loot. And in THAT case you may as well remove LFR and put that gear up for points instead.

In short, LFR was doomed from the beginning. It's only a matter of time before it goes away again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    One guy can't make a difference in LFR.

You could in that vehicle in HoF, but that was nerfed within a day.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    But.... he's our Warchief? You want a raid on the White House next? Aren't video games = real life?
    I'm here to report faction bias against the Tea Party. I thought Siege of Washington was supposed to be our big fist pumping moment.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    One guy can't make a difference in LFR.
    Oh? Queue as mistweaver, we have taunts. Priest can life grip tanks. Paladin's can throw bubbles. Hunters can misdirect etc. Idiots find ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Dunno man...months and months of smooth LFRaids so far..no trolls, no votekicks. Just letting you know that there is a different world too.

And maybe people do like loot more than Garrosh?
    You must be doing LFR exclusively on Tuesday between 10am and 3pm. Outside of that you have the baddies and trolls to deal with...

OT: I won't be a happy DK if this happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Its sad that Blizzard have to alter the fights cause 0.5% of the player base are fuckwads and WANT to wipe the raid and waste peoples time
    No, the sad thing is that blizzard allows these people to behave this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubiszot View Post
    And what is the difference between SoO and earlier LFR raids? What is so special in SoO that someone will intentionally wipe it? When I read that kind of threads I think that some ppl can't sleep at night because of LFR...
    As the OP said there is a large part of the player base that wants to side with Garrosh instead of killing him. Apparently there is a portion of those players that will be intentionally wiping LFR to accomplish this goal. The "mole" so to speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh? Queue as mistweaver, we have taunts. Priest can life grip tanks. Paladin's can throw bubbles. Hunters can misdirect etc. Idiots find ways.
    All those people are easy to get rid of when they've been noticed by enough people. I don't hesitate to throw out mine, or ask other people to kick disruptive players.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want a raid on the White House next?
    I think we already did that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas was the Crown Prince of Lordaeron. Would you have sided with him if you were a human? Same concept really.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of that by itself won't make a difference. LFR is faceroll, it will be easy as always and near impossible to wipe. If any of it is slightly tricky, it will be nerfed quick.

Now a group could cause problems, but you have to be slightly retarded to even want to waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Flex doesn't make it easier to kill the bosses. It makes it easier for a group when someone leaves it. It still requires the same amount of effort as normal.
    Flex raids are tuned to be easier than Normal mode, that's why they drop lower ilvl loot.

On topic, I'm not sure the Garrosh loving population is enough to cause "extensive damage" to LFR. Unless a guild group queues specifically for trolling reasons I can't see this being different from any other LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    very true, and further still, 5 people from a guild group can thoroughly wreck an LFR and are nearly impossible to remove.

I think it's funny how off the mark Blizz was when it came to pleasing Alliance and Horde in MoP. Alliance fans get shafted with a high king they don't want getting development at the expense of other leaders while Horde seems to have an outpouring of love for Garrosh and don't give a crap about the trolls, blood elves and tauren being targets of Hellscream's hatred.

This ofc, is only regarding the small percentage of players who follow the story and give a crap about it.
    I guess I'm in the minority then. Garrosh is a dick bag. Plain and simple. I can't wait to have my orcish hands drive my axe squarely between his eyes and then spit on his corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Arthas was the Crown Prince of Lordaeron. Would you have sided with him if you were a human? Same concept really.
    Think though for a second about how feasible this really was when WotLK was out.

What would a douchebag do? Apply and join a guild in order to wipe raids? Guild would ban and blacklist on the entire server, too much effort for something like this.
    The only real option would have been to join a PuG and scheme against them, which would also lead to server Blacklisting.

LFR allows people to secure their anonymity and pull off these things with a minimal consequence of a vote kick and a maximum consequence of a ban. How is Blizzard going to easily differentiate people trying to covertly wipe raids and people who unintentionally go full retard?

People are so paranoid lol