Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question I need a replacement for WoW - At same or higher level than SKyrim.

As title says, I need a PC game to replace WoW, I love skyrim but I played it ALL and I want something else to play offline at the same level.
    A Sandbox mostly.

I been out around news about games so I don't know what good sandboxes been around.

I forgot to say I hate FPS and I love Fantasy.
    Last edited by Alvorea; 2013-08-19 at 04:21 PM.

But.. I am a rogue.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Eh well, try Fallout then. Or even Oblivion. - Edit - Skyrim is honestly an fps game, just with swords.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-08-19 at 06:52 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect series, Fable series, Fallout 3+NV

All great game series that will keep you occupied for a while.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    on my steam, the only game that has more than 100 hours played beside skyrim is xcom: enemy unknown.

otherwise, if you haven't done it, the assassin's creed series is pretty good, ignore the first, start with the AC2, then work your way trough ACB and ACR. If you really love the series, then go back and play the AC1, if you can forgive the flaw of youth.

Another idea: what about GTA and GTA like (sleeping dogs, saint row, mafia). Good open world games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play X-3 albion prelude + X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM). Time consuming like wow and fun. And the best is that its sandbox. (its space game)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I play X-3 albion prelude + X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM). Time consuming like wow and fun. And the best is that its sandbox. (its space game)
    Have you seen the new one? I can't wait. Hopefully they will have better HOTAS support.

Fallout 3, Fallout Vegas and TES: Oblivion. Oblivion has a significantly better atmosphere than Skyrim IMO, but i can't really explain why i think so... :P
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    Fallout 3, Fallout Vegas and TES: Oblivion. Oblivion has a significantly better atmosphere than Skyrim IMO, but i can't really explain why i think so... :P
    Probably because Skyrim doesn't have an atmosphere heh... Oblivion still trumps Skyrim big time.

Mass Effect Trilogy.
    EVE Online (hard to get into, but extremely gratifying)
    Fallout 3 is amazing (didn't really enjoy Vegas though)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Mass Effect Trilogy.
    EVE Online (hard to get into, but extremely gratifying)
    Fallout 3 is amazing (didn't really enjoy Vegas though)
    NV has some bad bugs (CTDs and what not). I could never finish ME because EA tried to force Origin and I already gave my heart to Gabe Newell.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Probably because Skyrim doesn't have an atmosphere heh... Oblivion still trumps Skyrim big time.
    If you get a lot of mods going, Skyrim is amazing and Oblivion doesn't come close. Also, horse armor dlc...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    NV has some bad bugs (CTDs and what not). I could never finish ME because EA tried to force Origin and I already gave my heart to Gabe Newell.

If you get a lot of mods going, Skyrim is amazing and Oblivion doesn't come close. Also, horse armor dlc...
    If you need mods to improve a game... Yeah... Besides, no matter the amount of mods you hurl at Skyrim, Oblivion still blows it out the water.

If you need mods to improve a game... Yeah... Besides, no matter the amount of mods you hurl at Skyrim, Oblivion still blows it out the water.
    But Oblivion did need mods. The psychic guards at least saw to that.

Deleted
    True that. It appears that each new TES games is worse than the previous one. Kinda sad it doesn't move the other way.

On topic, try KoTOR I & II. And after that you should try Oblivion. You might be scared of the faces at first but the game's quests and atmosphere will blow you away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout New Vegas is easily my favorite game of all time, and has the most replayability I've ever seen.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    But Oblivion did need mods. The psychic guards at least saw to that.
    Never used a single mod for Oblivion honestly, didn't see the need/couldn't be bothered/didn't know they existed.

Never used a single mod for Oblivion honestly, didn't see the need/couldn't be bothered/didn't know they existed.
    Good for you?

I can play Skyrim unmodded. Does that completely negate what you have said?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Good for you?

I can play Skyrim unmodded. Does that completely negate what you have said?
    Of course not, I'n just saying that I didn't see the need for mods in Oblivion or Skyrim really, unless of course we are talking mobs thst act as bug fixes, but browsing the steam store... Ehhh, nothing but MLP, ugly weapons or boobs...

It'll be hard to find a better recommendation than fallout 3 or new Vegas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try morrowind, you can get a mod for a complete overhaul for the entire game! or just try out the other games from bethesda

10+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda, Bethesda, Bethesda. Sheesh, you guy seriously need to broaden your horizons.

Risen and Risen 2 are good games (the second one is pirate themed!), Two Worlds is kinda clunky and buggy but pretty good, and Two Worlds 2 is vastly improved. The Gothic Series is also a classic, and Gothic 4: Arcania is wonderful. You could also try Kingdoms of Amalur, that game actually has a sort of WoW-ish feel to the way it plays.

Outside of RPGs, the X-COM series (including the new XCOM) are amazing games. I've been playing them since they first released on DOS back in '94. Never the same game twice, and can be quite challenging too.

The X series (X3 being the current one) is a space sim. The game is great, but like EVE, it has an extreeeeeemely steep learning curve. They drop you and your ship into the middle of space...and that's it. You make the game what you want. There are a million and one ways to play X3, and no one way is the right way. It's a lot of fun if you can get over the learning hump and really get into the meat of the game.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is on Steam, and is one of the most iconic games of its genre.

And if you're an absolute glutton for punishment, there's always Dark Souls. I dare say this is as close to a perfect game as you can currently get. I must've died over a thousand times through my first playthrough, and every boss I eventually took down was a monumental achievement. It's not much in the way of story, unfortunately, but the gameplay is top notch, and the game itself is basically non-linear.

That should get you started. And for the record, not a single one of these is FPS, and most are fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.