Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    More like without Kalecgos' permission, if it wasnt for him, the Horde and the Alliance would both be screwed. They should really destroy that thing before someone gets their hands on it again. Their first stupid idea of throwing it to bottom of the ocean was brilliant, I could already imagine Azshara latching onto it.
    Jaina gave it to Kalecgos and he effectively gave it right back to her by storing it in her city. Also, I don't think trying to destroy it is a good idea... Malygos claimed the the powers in the Eye of Eternity were sufficient to destroy the world 10 times over. Now, he may or may not have been talking about the Focusing Iris specifically, but if I were on Azeroth, that's not a chance I'd be willing to take. For all we know, if you break it, it might blow up and destroy the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    If we have to kill 1 female character in WoW then my vote goes to Aggra, kill that bitch immediately. Horrible/annoying character with a shitty VA reading of a crappy script.
    Yes. Sub-par voice acting means a character should die, obviously. Of course.

Threads like this really bring out the immaturity in people. Like, more so than most threads around here, which is saying something. It's usually an immature concept to start ("I don't like popular character X, they should die"), but even if they manage to start fairly reasonably, they really go downhill fast.

But, what do I know. Brutally murdering important lore figures for no actual reason because they vaguely annoy you is really the only solution.

I opened the thread thinking that it would be about killing Sylvanas and was pleasantly surprised that it was about Vereesa. She needs to die for the atrocities she has committed against her own people. To me shes one of the most despicable people in Warcraft, after Maiev.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I opened the thread thinking that it would be about killing Sylvanas and was pleasantly surprised that it was about Vereesa. She needs to die for the atrocities she has committed against her own people. To me shes one of the most despicable people in Warcraft, after Maiev.
    High Elves aren't Blood Elves. She hasn't committed atrocities against High Elves, and how in god's name is Maiev despicable?

List them for us.

I'll even allow you to include Blood Elves, even though they are not 'her people' anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    But, what do I know. Brutally murdering important lore figures for no actual reason because they vaguely annoy you is really the only solution.
    You could always make up a reason why she had to die. Like maybe Thrall is too much into his family that he cant come back and be warchief. If Thrall has to be the next warchief than Aggra being killed or dieing might be what is needed to get him into a certain story position.

There is however a very good reason Vereesa should die.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    High Elves aren't Blood Elves. She hasn't committed atrocities against High Elves, and how in god's name is Maiev despicable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro
    List them for us.

I'll even allow you to include Blood Elves, even though they are not 'her people' anymore.
    Basically murdering Blood Elves which are the same race as High Elves but with a little demonic energy in their system and a reverence for the Elves that died fighting the scourge.

Shes part of a group of traitors that had nothing done to them besides not being allowed to be traitors and stay in Silvermoon. The Blood Elves are even nice enough to let them use the Sunwell.

And Maeiv, chasing Illidan around trying to kill him while not caring who else dies along the way, including the leaders of her race who imprisoned and then freed Illidan. All while Illidan was trying to save his people from the Legion or the Lich King. Yeah shes great.

High Elves are Blood Elves, all that seperates them is colour and a slightly different culture, thats literally it.

HE's are blue and value old traditions, BE's are red and value the fallen.

I have no doubt that Lor'Themar would want the HE's to reunite with the BE's so he can leave the Horde. However Vereesa's fosters an atmosphere of hate and racism wherever she goes. Shes literally the worst kind of person, she hates her own family and relatives who are either dead or BE's, due to no fault of their own.
    The fel taint is the only visable difference, thats most likely going to fade over time, since the Sunwell is now a fount of holy energy, thats constantly infusing them.
    I'm going to preface this by saying, I like Lor'themar. And yeah, it seems he wants to get out of the Horde, which I'm not surprised. But every time he's even slightly rebuffed, he tends to get sulky and lash out. I mean, he's this close, THIS close to getting back into the Alliance, then Jaina (rightfully) imprisons any Sunreavers who surrender, kill any who resist, due to their act of allegiance to the Horde. Despite their supposed neutrality, despite all the plans he had been setting up with Varian, Lor'themar dives headfirst into a conflict with the people he should be reconciling with. The entire mess could have been resolved really, really easily if Lor'themar had kept some wits about him, decided not to retaliate to salvage his pride, and appeal to the democratic nature of the Alliance.

It's really the same story with the High Elves in his short story. They rebuff him, so he goes and sulks back to Quel'thalas. He's a great character and a great leader, but he tends to get wounded pride easily.

Basically murdering Blood Elves which are the same race as High Elves but with a little demonic energy in their system and a reverence for the Elves that died fighting the scourge.

Shes part of a group of traitors that had nothing done to them besides not being allowed to be traitors and stay in Silvermoon. The Blood Elves are even nice enough to let them use the Sunwell.

And Maeiv, chasing Illidan around trying to kill him while not caring who else dies along the way, including the leaders of her race who imprisoned and then freed Illidan. All while Illidan was trying to save his people from the Legion or the Lich King. Yeah shes great.
    Vereesa never murders a Blood Elf, as far as I know. What she DOES do, is retaliate against Sunreavers who broke a pact of neutrality to aid the Horde and then resist arrest by the sovereign of their nation (Jaina, in this case). Any Blood Elves who die at her command in Dalaran had a chance to accept their sentence, but choose to resist instead.

The Silver Covenant are not traitors, they are a secessionist faction who did not approve of the actions taken by the Royal lineage of Sunstrider. Same as the modern, Horde Blood Elves, actually. Amazing, isn't it?

As for your Sunwell comment, yeah, the High Elves are there, begrudgingly. The High Elf commander is quite cordial and reasonable. Lor'themar is not. He even tries to take away Quel'delar if you're an Alliance player. So... Blood Elves are kinda jerks.
    Last edited by Ivion; 2013-08-20 at 12:57 AM.

You could always make up a reason why she had to die. Like maybe Thrall is too much into his family that he cant come back and be warchief. If Thrall has to be the next warchief than Aggra being killed or dieing might be what is needed to get him into a certain story position.

There is however a very good reason Vereesa should die.
    "Hey, we see you're taking time off work because your wife is pregnant. So, we killed your wife. Y'know, so you'll have more free time to work! "

:|

Vereesa and Jaina are guilty of taking vengeance on the Horde for their repeated foul play and betrayal. An understandable stance at this point. Take out your own trash (Garrosh, Sylvanas, many blood elves, and honestly most of the forsaken) before getting all whiny about other characters. Honestly their only crime is standing up to the Horde. A grave sin in the holy bible of horde fanboyism.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a long time Horde-only player, can we kill 2/3 of the Windrunner sisters? You guys can have Alleria, but Sylvanas and Vereesa need to go, one for being an insane bitch, and the other for being, you guessed it, an insane bitch, AND having children with Rhonin.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    "Hey, we see you're taking time off work because your wife is pregnant. So, we killed your wife. Y'know, so you'll have more free time to work! "

:|
    I didnt say it was a good reason. Its just a possibility like how they had to destroy Theramore to make Jaina a more interesting character.

Why don't we just pretend she doesn't exist, like Me'dan and Broxigar...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Why don't we just pretend she doesn't exist, like Me'dan and Broxigar...?
    With all due respect, I think you're forgetting Krasus and Rhonin, that which does not exist, cannot die, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    From the actual quest text, so there's nothing left to mystery for all the fanfic writers in the thread:
    Description:
    "Compliant Sunreavers will be sent to the Violet Hold. Defiant ones are put to the sword.

NONE are to escape.

The Sunreavers keep their dragonhawk mounts on Krasus' Landing. Take this dust, and use it to render them incapable of flying.

Or kill them. I don't care."

Progress:
    "We can't have the Sunreavers escaping and plotting counterattacks against Dalaran. We need to be quick, precise, and thorough."

Completion:
    "Now the Sunreavers have to answer to us. Jail or death - their fate is in their hands"

Her husband was killed but she still acts well within reason. She gives them a chance to surrender without incident and as far as I'm concerned she's in the right - it's up to the accused whether or not they make trouble. But let's blow things out of proportion and vilify one of the decent Windrunner sisters cause we've got the hots for rots and Sylvanas is just a misunderstood, noble victim.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivion View Post
    Vereesa never murders a Blood Elf, as far as I know. What she DOES do, is retaliate against Sunreavers who broke a pact of neutrality to aid the Horde and then resist arrest by the sovereign of their nation (Jaina, in this case). Any Blood Elves who die at her command in Dalaran had a chance to accept their sentence, but choose to resist instead.

The Silver Covenant are not traitors, they are a secessionist faction who did not approve of the actions taken by the Royal lineage of Sunstrider. Same as the modern, Horde Blood Elves, actually. Amazing, isn't it?
    I think everyone agrees with not following Kaelthas after he sided with KJ and the Burning Legion who were responsible for destroying the the Elven homeland in the first place. BTW there is no real difference between secessionists and traitors, I guess one just wants to take their things and go but its still done against the laws of the government.

Also I had to check this to make sure but it doesnt seem like Dalaran or the Silver Covenant was all that neutral to begin with. Several of them including Rhonin and Vereesa were at Theramore fighting against the Horde. And then later Jaina clearly favors the Alliance by giving them the Mogu Sha bell we find in Pandaria. Only then is there anything Horde favoring attributable to the Sunreavers when a few of them helped steal the bell from Darnassus.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Her husband was killed but she still acts well within reason. She gives them a chance to surrender without incident and as far as I'm concerned she's in the right - it's up to the accused whether or not they make trouble. But let's blow things out of proportion and vilify one of the decent Windrunner sisters cause we've got the hots for rots and Sylvanas is just a misunderstood, noble victim.
    Her husband should not have been in Theramore in the first place. If he had maintained the neutrality of Dalaran and the Kirin Tor he would still be alive. And surrender to an unknown fate for something you didnt do to people who want to kill you is not something most people see as reasonable. In a just society you dont round up or kill a whole group of people to find one criminal.

I think everyone agrees with not following Kaelthas after he sided with KJ and the Burning Legion who were responsible for destroying the the Elven homeland in the first place. BTW there is no real difference between secessionists and traitors, I guess one just wants to take their things and go but its still done against the laws of the government.

Also I had to check this to make sure but it doesnt seem like Dalaran or the Silver Covenant was all that neutral to begin with. Several of them including Rhonin and Vereesa were at Theramore fighting against the Horde. And then later Jaina clearly favors the Alliance by giving them the Mogu Sha bell we find in Pandaria. Only then is there anything Horde favoring attributable to the Sunreavers when a few of them helped steal the bell from Darnassus.
    So you agree that there's no difference between Blood and High Elves go, as far as loyalty? Because originally speaking, Horde Blood Elves only joined the Horde so that they could get to Outlands and be reunited with Kael. It wasn't until Netherstorm that they realized they were in trouble, and then had to become traitors by actively taking up arms against their monarchs. High Elves just saw all that "Fel Corruption" nonsense and stayed away from Quel'thalas.

I'll forgive you for pretty clearly not reading Tides of War. The Silver Covenant never came to the aid of Theramore. Some of the Kirin Tor did, but only then as a defensive measure. Even Aethas Sunreaver supported protecting Theramore against the Horde. None of them acted in any offensive way. Well, until the Blood Elf sent to Theramore stabbed everyone in the back by weakening the gates and letting the Horde spill into the city. Whoopsies. Neutrality intact, as far as Theramore is concerned.

And it's pretty clear that Aethas Sunreaver is in on the whole thing with Garrosh. This wasn't a 'few' Sunreavers. When Lor'themar is giving his speech about how Jaina was in the wrong, he literally shifts uncomfortably. Because he KNOWS that he broke neutrality. He sided with the Horde.

Jaina kept the Kirin Tor out of the conflict as much as possible. She straight up turned down Anduin when he (and the Alliance heroes) went to ask her for aid. Her efforts were met with betrayal. Justice was served.

The Purge wasnt really all that just, the elves living in Dalaran werent all agents of Rommath, there was a select few who broke the oath, however Jaina went batshit mode and imprisoned many of them in an awful dungeon, killed the rest, and made sure the ones who were fleeing couldnt escape, by killing their mounts. The BE's have been through hell and back, and for Jaina to just randomly start attacking them (and if you were Lor'Themar, it was indeed random, as it was Rommaths doing alone, that gave them the bell) is something Lor'themar cannot sit by and watch happen. You have to remember that many of the elves in Dalaran were either students / elders or just family members. They werent all top class mages or members of the horde, so for them to suddenly be uprooted once again by a powerful force, is cause for retaliation or protest.

The elves were screwed by the Alliance multiple times, she should have known how fragile the alliance between the BE's and the Alliance would be. The only reconciliation to be done, is by the Alliance. Which is now far too late, the only realistic outcome for both the elf factions, is to simply become their own third faction.
    Again, the only Sunreavers physically harmed were the ones who resisted arrest and fought back. The others were simply sent to the Violet Hold until the entire issue could be sorted out. This isn't Gitmo we're talking about. You can't find the culprits if the city is in chaos. What Jaina did was basically put it in quarantine lockdown, so that some answers could be obtained. Lor'themar jumped a gun by invading and shattering every effort of an Alliance. It shows that the Blood Elves STILL haven't learned that the acts of one person aren't worth burning a bridge over (unless that one person had given a monster a weapon of mass destruction). They're letting one human, this time acting completely in the right, ruin prospective Alliances and prosperity for their people.
    Last edited by Ivion; 2013-08-20 at 01:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You can take aggra if you want. That is scariest abomination in horde for sure.
    Yes please! I've hated her for so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her husband should not have been in Theramore in the first place. If he had maintained the neutrality of Dalaran and the Kirin Tor he would still be alive. And surrender to an unknown fate for something you didnt do to people who want to kill you is not something most people see as reasonable. In a just society you dont round up or kill a whole group of people to find one criminal.
    It's also worth mentioning that the Silver Covenant says very clearly "I've been waiting a long time for this" in several of their NPCs. So the Silver Covenant essentially used the political climate and facts they KNEW along with Vereesa were not factual as a excuse to commit genocide on their own people.

If I were Lor'themar, I'd probably ban all High Elves from the Sunwell as it's feasible their next effort would be to do what the Worgen try with Lordaeron. "Retake Silvermoon for the High Elves." War reparations should be forcing all High Elves to drink Fel and become Blood Elves.

The High Elves are 3% of the population now. They should be the ones to bend to their people, not the reverse. Good example is Garrosh. He says we're not "his Horde" which is similar to the High Elves saying the Blood Elves are "Not OUR people". They are the same and they should be put down the same way.