Fascinating Thread on Raid Lag on Official Forums

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9679038602

Some players did experiments, and showed raid lag in 25 man is related to large scale healing spells. Very interesting!

Go there and give the OP a thumbs up vote.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-08-20 at 01:24 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Maybe the Stampede lag bug was just a side effect of this.

It didn't lag up every time. If you Stampede at a point where a lot of ground AoE healing effects are going on, it's possible that would lag it up a lot more than when they were on clear ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Maybe the Stampede lag bug was just a side effect of this.

It didn't lag up every time. If you Stampede at a point where a lot of ground AoE healing effects are going on, it's possible that would lag it up a lot more than when they were on clear ground.
    Suddenly adding 4 extra targets for every Hunter from Stampede as well as the 2 Dire Beasts from Readiness could have significantly effected it.

So the input lag that only occurred during stacked, intense healing phases is related to healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Some players did experiments, and showed raid lag in 25 man is related to large scale healing spells. Very interesting!
    Isn't it like years-old "discovery"? It started in Cata (we could feel it by how WotLk raids were going pre- and post Cata patch), our former 25-men guild fell down partially because of that. That's when Chimaeron was starting to spam his aoe, and healers - spam massive amounts of healing, which always resulted in like 10 people dc (including me) and tons of wipes. Tons of special effects didn't help either.

MoP made it worse by introducing more awkward algorithms, it would be going too far off-topic listing them here. Anyway, I lost faith in Blizzard for long time now to be surprised by anything including this "discovery".

I have experienced no lag on a decent computer up to and including 40 man world bosses. lets face it blizz may drop the challenge level of raids down to kindergarden level but showing up on a 1gig of ram laptop and expecting to epic raid is all on you.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Suddenly adding 4 extra targets for every Hunter from Stampede as well as the 2 Dire Beasts from Readiness could have significantly effected it.
    Especially if the aoe healing spells are trying to heal all these extra targets. As a hunter I can have 6 pets (4 stampede, 1 dire beast) and sometimes 6 gnomes from my trinket out at once. That's 11 additional from me alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Isn't it like years-old "discovery"? It started in Cata (we could feel it by how WotLk raids were going pre- and post Cata patch), our former 25-men guild fell down partially because of that. That's when Chimaeron was starting to spam his aoe, and healers - spam massive amounts of healing, which always resulted in like 10 people dc (including me) and tons of wipes. Tons of special effects didn't help either.

MoP made it worse by introducing more awkward algorithms, it would be going too far off-topic listing them here. Anyway, I lost faith in Blizzard for long time now to be surprised by anything including this "discovery".
    People aren't disconnecting though. People are having ability lag during these bad moments. In the past it was always a result of something parsing the combat log. For me scrolling combat text. Every damn time and it was typically fixed with an update.

Even if Blizzard discovered the lag in 5.2 after all the reports, it still requires time to implement a fix that actually makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I have experienced no lag on a decent computer up to and including 40 man world bosses. lets face it blizz may drop the challenge level of raids down to kindergarden level but showing up on a 1gig of ram laptop and expecting to epic raid is all on you.
    Read the 1st post again. Its not about your pc's spec, its serverside.

I hereby blame all the times demonic leap had action lag in p3 lei shen on this
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-08-21 at 12:19 AM.

You're fun, but evidently you've not raided things like Megaera 25 heroic, where you have so much delay on abilities during Rampages it's not even fun.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I do give kudos to the OP of that thread.

Now this thread will continue with people who can't read, and/or understand what input lag is. Yay! Fun!

Like this guy.

well we had 2 straight ID's constantly DC'ing the entire raid. opened a ticket and they told us its the ID server thats mesed up. this issue only occure on sundays the most busy day where our group is raiding so it perfectly fits into this pattern. we had this on durumu primordius and iron qon and it sucked ballz
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

lets face it blizz may drop the challenge level of raids down to kindergarden level but
    Huh!?

Weren't you asking for help on heroic Jin'rokh the other day? Are you saying kindergarten is to hard for you?

If you'd smashed 13/13HC 9 weeks ago you'd have a point but you're wiping consistently to the easiest heroic boss of the tier while you overgear it. I hate it when peoples actions and words are at odds like this -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    if its confirmed to be server side, then i think we will see some alterations to these big aoe healing spells graphics on the next ptr
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra85 View Post
    if its confirmed to be server side, then i think we will see some alterations to these big aoe healing spells graphics on the next ptr
    they already stated some changed would be made on ptr i think healing raind and stuff like that is going to get reworked so they dont heal any pets or guardians like the voodoo gnomes and stuff
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

It's not graphical. It's the sheer amount of separate events going on at the same time. Read the damn thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    On top of this, I have noticed Recount significantly eats into my computer's performance on Lei Shen heroic 25.

Switched to Skada instead.

Heroic25 raiding computer performance is bloody awful, LFR is so much smoother to compare to. So very glad some boffins on the official forums have figured it out and managed to get Blizz's attention - maybe we'll get solutions.