10+ Year Old Account

Seeking Balance AoE Advice

hello, I am relatively new to balance and so I am looking for some advice, particularly with regard to AoE,

It seems that moonkin is weak for AoE, as Hurricane is really the only AoE spell worth casting and it's only worth casting when in Solar Eclipse, so i would like to as how do you guys deal with the prospect of getting to solar eclipse when AoE is necessary?:

• 1) If you need to AoE mid-fight, and you happen to be in lunar do you suck it up and cast Astral Storm; or do you force yourself into Solar Eclipse even if it delays AoE?
    • 2) If you are pre-solar do you spam Starfire/Starsurge to get into solar ASAP; or do you suck it up and cast Astral Storm outside of any eclipse?
    • 3) If you are pre-lunar do you just throw up your hands in despair or do you cast wrath/SS to push on into Lunar Eclipse ASAP and use Starfall and Astral Storm?
    • 4a) At how many targets should I stop trying to Multi-DoT and start using Hurricane when in Solar?
    • 4b) At how many targets should I stop trying to Multi-DoT and start using Astral Storm when in Lunar?

[ can't correct title typo, now i feel stupid ]
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-08-20 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    [*]1) If you need to AoE mid-fight, and you happen to be in lunar do you suck it up and cast Astral Storm; or do you force yourself into Solar Eclipse even if it delays AoE?
    If its a large enough pack of adds that hurricane/astral is worth it, and NG is still up, then yes i'll cast astral storm. (IF NG is not up - i'll prolly just keep pushing to solar
    [*]2) If you are pre-solar do you spam Starfire/Starsurge to get into solar ASAP; or do you suck it up and cast Astral Storm outside of any eclipse? ,
    Id push to eclipse, hurricane/astral without eclipse and NG are really weak.
    [*]3) If you are pre-lunar do you just throw up your hands in despair or do you cast wrath/SS to push on into Lunar Eclipse ASAP and use Starfall and Astral Storm?
    Yes, push to lunar, starfall+astral while NG is up
    [*]4a) At how many targets should I stop trying to Multi-DoT and start using Hurricane when in Solar? [*]4b) At how many targets should I stop trying to Multi-DoT and start using Astral Storm when in Lunar?[/LIST]
    Personally Hurricane/astral usually are not worth stopping multi dot until you are at like 6-8 targets + ; or very short lived adds. And even then, i only like using them during eclipse+NG, once NG wears off i'd prolly try mutli dot with just the eclipse dot and hope to proc enough SS's to move to next eclipse quickly.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-08-20 at 03:17 PM.

I'm going to start off by saying a lot of boomy aoe is very situational and gear dependent, how fast can you move your bar, how much can you rely on getting an SS proc.

Without being too specific you want to aoe with your procs, your hurricane will automatically update with int/crit procs but not to haste so if you get your gem to proc whilst aoeing you need to recast it. Please note, not 100% certain on this but I've certainly found it to help

Depending on how urgent the aoe is it also depends, take Heroic lei shen on the balls, some guilds have their boomies aoe (its better for dps) other don't so they can focus the single target if their dps is there on the balls already, take 4+ locks.

For me, provided I had atleast NG or helm proc the only time not to aoe is lunar to solar not in eclipse. Generally I'm finding hurricane not eclipsed ~ astral storm eclipsed (depends on mastery), you want to know in advance when you're going to need to aoe and how much your aoe is needed, if your aoe is 100% the reason you will kill the boss make sure you are in solar + NG is up, so hang just outside and start casting wrath and use SS procs to move your bar rather than SF + SS procs. Also depends on your haste too, heroic lei shen some pulls I'd need to use astral communion a lot, other times not really. Timing is everything, so plan ahead!

4a/b - as a general rule at about 6 is what I go for but no maths to back that up and the adds have to be static and grouped up

When in solar if the adds are gripped to a spot shrooms can also be very effective when placed down early
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.